[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
NADEEM A. Bloor Street, Mississauga, ON LX S Canada
IBM AIX Administrator: managing "Highly Available and Highly Reliable" Enterprise class servers in a X environment.
I have been consulting over years as a AIX System Administrator. Main focus on AIX ./., integration of new systems into existing infrastructures. In Architecture design and implementation of IBM&;s pSeries Advanced POWER virtualization PowerVM providing Logical Partitioning LPAR, DLPAR, HMC, NIM, Micro Partitioning, and Virtual I/O VIO enabling ondemand computing and server consolidation of over IBM AIX servers. I have extensive experience in working as capacity planning and performance tuning of AIX systems. I also have strong knowledge of korn shell scripting. I am extremely hard worker and have excellent communication skills along with technical experience and the ability to motivate and lead technical resources in a dynamically changing environment.
* IBM Certified Specialist pSeries AIX Administration and Support for AIX .
* IBM Certified Systems Expert Virtualization
* IBM Certified Systems Expert High Availability for AIX
IBM problem determination and troubleshooting for AIX .L
IBM HACMP Installation and Configuration for AIX .L
LPAR on POWER pSeries systems
IBM midrange pSeries servers p/ ,,,
IBM high end pSeries servers p&;s and p/ and
IBM ESS Sharks, DS, DS, DS and SVC appliance
AIX system administrator Nov, to Date
* Successfully accomplished the consolidation project in which migrate p LPARs to p with multiple layers of VIOS and virtual switches.
* Setup multiple SAP LPARS using micropartitioning.
* Installing, configuring, maintaining and enhancing operating system and system support software/hardware.
* Completed the server consolidation project of numerous AIX servers to reduce hardware and support costs for our customer.
* Installation and set up of two node PowerHA cluster for websphere application, checking for failover on booth nodes.
* Set high available VIOS for failover and load balancing.
* Set up NIM Master and NIM Clients for building new LPARS and AIX migration.
* Maintaining mksysb all important servers on NIM server for fast recovery.
* Maintaining different versions of SPOT for troubleshooting and DR.
* Successfully setup LPAR Mobility for critical servers between sites on P
* Implement virtual LANS using p multiple virtual switches with failover capabilities
* Providing indepth diagnosis for operating systems software / hardware failures and develops solutions.
* Using KSH SHELL scripts necessary in automating systems management.
* Regular oncall x support with pager
AIX/Solaris system administrator Jan / Sep,
* Completed AIX migration project for LPAR environment from AIX . to AIX .
* Setup NIM environment to backup AIX servers between the two sites for disaster recoveries, building new LPARS and AIX migration
* Setup dual VIO on P server and configuration without shutting down the production environment
* Developing KSH SHELL scripts necessary in automating systems management.
* Diagnosing and resolving systems related tasks in accordance with priorities setup in dealing with trouble tickets.
* Did system performance monitoring tuning as necessary.
* Ensuring systems security and data recovery is always maintained.
* Work with project managers, DB Administrators, TSM Administrators, SAN Administrators, CE&;s, Developers and support personnel to keep all supported AIX servers up to date and functioning smoothly.
* Implement NMON to collect performance data for production environment
* Manage all IT operations within the organization including building custom systems, software evaluation and implementation.
* Advisory supervision of production planning and vendor relations
AIX system administrator Jan, / Nov,
Gildan Activewear Inc
* Timely recommendations to Finance department for IT project initiatives, researched and evaluated emerging server and storage technologies.
* Designed initial Storage Area Networks for tape and disk storage. Migrated data from SSA disk farms to faster DS Storage.
* Installed and configured production environment, test and development environment for HRMS application using on a same machine using ps with the help of LPAR, virtual SCSI, virtual Ethernet and VLANs.
* Provided all areas of AIX Server administration including all problem determination and resolution, network configuration, user management, process management & printer setup.
* NIM environment setup for scheduling MKSYSB backup for LPARs and VIO servers
* Diligently and efficiently provided full technical support to project and external clients.
AIX/SUN SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR Feb, / Dec,
* Design, evaluating, implementation, rack/stack, configuration of multiple logical subsystems utilizing IBM HMC, LPAR configuration and sizing, dynamic sizing of LPAR&;s, resource allocation with thresholds, etc and transition preproduction servers to production support of over LPARs nodes. Additional responsibilities include requisite daytoday activities such as monitoring, automation, performance tuning, and security/patch update analysis and disaster recovery preparedness.
* Helped determine necessary hardware requirements for new applications. Most of the servers were ordered p, p, p, and p logically partitioned into four to eight LPARs each. For some nodes disaster recovery planning, design, implementation & testing.
* Install NIM on one of the LPAR&;s as NIM master. Use NIM Master to perform the migration / installation on each node to upgrade it from AIX . to AIX . or new install AIX .. Occasionally install and configure systems using existing NIM servers at Site Support and System firmware updates.
* Assist other groups with AIX related questions and problems such as Tivoli, Backup, and ControlM. Worked with EMC&;s Professional Services Engineers in the development of a disaster recovery solution and SAN attachment for major applications, utilizing EMC&;s PowerPath, and SRDF technologies.
* Coordinate with middleware group to assist them for Apache web server configuration.
* Design and implement a complete comprehensive installation and configuration of NIM server for more than IBM p and p servers including LPARs.
Bachelor of Commerce BANGALORE UNIVERSITY, INDIA