GLOBACOM LTD Telecoms Lagos, NIGERIA
Second National Carrier
Network Systems Administrator Windows Based Systems
March – Present
• System Administrator responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and
maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
• Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
• Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to
organizational values, enabling staff, and Partners.
• Assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project
Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy;
research & development within the project lifecycle; technical analysis and design; and support of
operations staff in executing, testing and rollingout the solutions.
• Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to
production staff by performing operations activities within the project lifecycle.
• Tier III Enterprise User /Application Hardware Support. Investigating and Troubleshooting
• Participates in planning for information systems, including needs assessment and capacity planning.
• Implementing, managing, maintaining and administration of all enterprise windows servers, Domains and
• Implementing, managing, maintaining and administration of all enterprise messaging and collaboration
• Data Backup across server farms.
• Create monthly performance and service level reports, Manage lease expirations and retirement planning,
Monitor and track space usage on all OS, Apps, and Data Volumes, Provide system failover services, Setup,
maintain, track, and report security monitoring and reporting, Setup, maintain, track, and report automated
performance monitoring. Analyze performance monitor metrics and tune as needed, Perform disk
maintenance defrag, etc., Setup, maintain, and manage the structure of the server by shifting files within
the file areas or creating new file systems
October – March
• Local Area Network Design and Installation [Lagos and the Regions]
• Systems and Network Support, Repair and Maintenance
• Setting up of Network resources for Gloworld Offices and connection to Globacom Wide Area Network
• Providing Remote supports/troubleshooting to all online Gloworld and other Offices
• Managing Network performance and maintaining Network Security
• Link Monitoring and Documentation
• General network devices configuration backup and upgrade
• VLAN implementation
• Maintenance and updating network maps of all connected sites
• Escalation of Downtime to necessary stakeholders
VANGUARD MEDIA LTD Lagos, NIGERIA
June – October
• Desktop and laptop PC repairs
• Local Area Network LAN Design Implementation and troubleshooting
• Providing support services for clients & maintaining optimal performance of their networks