[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Hayes Drive, Milford, CT
SUMMARY Technical Support Specialist with over years experience in PC & LAN support, with emphasis on installing, maintaining, repairing and upgrading operating systems, hardware and software with additional related training. Skills include PC & LAN diagnostic analysis, Microsoft Office; systems software including Windows x, NT, WK, XP, Vista, Windows; NT Server/Server K/ Server K, Active Directory; LAN protocols such as TCP/IP; remote connectivity setup and troubleshooting including VPN; printer setup, configuration and troubleshooting. Excellent documentation skills and experience with training end users. Dedicated and conscientious with a reputation for thoroughness, attention to detail and tenacious problem solving. Industry background in financial services, software development, medical and manufacturing.
HARDWARE IBM compatible PCs and laptops and peripherals.
SOFTWARE MS DOS, MS Windows .x///NT.//XP, MS Exchange ././/, MS Server NT/Server /Server , MS Outlook //XP//, MS Office //XP//, Websense, McAfee, TrendMicro, Symantec/Norton, Nortel Contivity, iPass, SMS, WebEx, NetMeeting, VNC, Ghost, PowerQuest Deploy Center, Symantec/Veritas Backup Exec, MS Frontpage /, Solidworks, Cadkey, Macromedia Flash/Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, MS Frontpage /, WS_FTP Pro, Dataworks/Preview, MS Project, Citrix Program Neighborhood, PolicyLink, Crystal Reports, Rockwell/Transcend, Octel, Aspect, OrgPlus, Omnipage, Paperport Viewer, PC Doctor, ConfigSafe, Winzip, Trackwise, TrackIt, Applix, DK Helpdesk, Footprints.
Perimeter ESecurity, Milford, CT August November
APPLICATIONS ANALYST II
· Interacted directly with clients to resolve any issues relating to email filtering, web content filtering, VPN, secure email, antivirus, phishing/pharming, and other applications. Requests handled via phone and email, all information updated and maintained in Footprints ticket system.
· Worked directly with Networking, Software Development, and Operations teams as needed to resolve more complex issues.
· Contacted external vendors as needed to resolve hardware and software issues.
· Responsible for coordinating Exchange migrations to Exchange for Hosted Exchange customers; included explaining the steps for the migration, providing them with wizards to make the migration as seamless as possible, and assisting with any changes needed for DNS, port filtering or web filtering. Also provided postmigration assistance.
· Interacted directly with NOC Team and Exchange Administrators for any issues arising during the Exchange migrations.
· Mentored and trained new employees in my department.
· Primary contact for customers reporting any possible phishing scams. Interfaced with our takedown team to have phishing attempts halted as quickly as possible.
· Trained clients on proprietary “Viewpoint” website. This allowed them to access various reports regarding their end users VPN activity, internet activity, etc; view any quarantined emails, view what information was being sent via secure email, send in new support requests, and so on.
· Responsible for turning up customers on Websense application for web content filtering.
· Maintained databases and spreadsheets relating to VPN accounts for both internal accounting process and for customer requests.
· Documented procedures for maintaining VPN databases, and how to run reports from the databases.
· Created documentation for new “inthecloud” VPN solution being offered to clients
· Won many awards for positive surveys and letters received from clients.
· Twotime recipient of “Brain Award” for outstanding customer service.
Precision Sensors Milford, CT July August
INFORMATION SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
· Successfully completed server upgrade and migration from determining hardware and software requirements, to installing new server hardware and software and gigabit switches, migrating all company data and programs, and reestablishing T communications with parent company.
· Maintained and updated NT server, Exchange, and corporate website in accordance with internal guidelines and guidelines from parent company.
· Assured daily network data backups and data integrity, and restored files as needed.
· Rebranded entire website using Dreamweaver, Photoshop and MenuMaker software.
· Upgraded router and frame configuration with parent company to improve performance of connection to external resources.
· Implemented document scanning and security procedures to help the company meet timeline to achieve AS compliance.
· Created online forms accessible by all departments to be filled out by each person responsible for completing job operations. Allows for more accurate tracking of responsibility, status of open projects and results of completed projects.
· Assessed future needs of the company and made recommendations relating to software, hardware, networking, storage, etc.
· Responsible for resolving all application, network, printer, and connectivity issues.
· Updated and upgraded systems and applications as needed.
· Created documentation for internal procedures, installs and policies.
· Ordered and setup new hardware and software for departments and trained employees as needed.
· Completed internal training to become an Internal Auditor for AS compliance.
· Crosstrained in other departments including Shipping/Receiving, Stock Room, Production Floor, and Quality Assurance.
Beck&;s North America, Stamford, CT February June COMPUTER CONSULTANT through Excel Partners
· Responsible for coordinating and completing + laptop upgrades and rollouts Windows , Office XP, Norton, remote connectivity, hosts files, etc., and ensured data integrity.
· Created images with PowerQuest Deploy Center for each type of laptop being rolled out.
· Completed laptop and desktop setups for new hires as needed.
· Resolved remote connectivity issues, proxy server issues, and exchange server issues.
· Worked with external vendors to bring in highspeed access for all field employees.
· Handled all daily requests from internal and external employees.
· Documented all hardware, software, and serial numbers for all computers during rollouts.
Sage Life Assurance, Stamford, CT May January
TECHNICAL SUPPORT COORDINATOR
· Resolved hardware, printer, MS Office, Adobe, Internet & Intranet, Citrix and VPN/iPass issues for end users daily.
· Documented installation procedures, common errors and resolutions in MS Word format, and created Remote Connectivity Guide in FrontPage and Powerpoint for end users to reference when needed.
· Resolved telecommunications issues. Applications and platforms include Octel, Aspect, Rockwell/Transcend, AT&T and SNET.
· Setup all new IBM compatible computers for new hires, including installation and configuration of MS operating systems, MS Office, Adobe, Internet and Intranet options, and all remote connectivity settings for modems, VPN, iPass, etc.
· Trained new employees on IBM compatible desktops and laptops, applications, remote connectivity, etc.
· Maintained NT and WK servers, Veritas backups and applications, provided software and hardware upgrades, and monitored all networklevel backup jobs to ensure data integrity.
· Worked with external vendors to resolve hardware and software issues and conflicts.
· Accurately tracked computer equipment and licensing information in Excel and through TrackIt auditing program.
· Implemented Ghost server to create standard images for different computers.
· Cocreated New Employee Setup form in FrontPage to ensure new users received what they required.
American Skandia, Shelton, CT August April
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
· Resolved hardware, printer, MS Office, Citrix, Internet Explorer, and Remote Connectivity issues for end users on a daily basis.
· Documented installation procedures, common errors and resolutions in MS Word format.
· Implemented policy to accurately track computer equipment in Excel and through DK Helpdesk auditing program.
· Involved with evaluation of new hardware and software, and implemented new programs.
· Collaborated on improving SLAs, documentation, and installation of applications.
· Upgraded MS operating systems, hard drives, memory, BIOS, etc. on computers as needed.
· Tested new applications in a controlled environment on multiple platforms including NT/WK.
· Helped create standard images using Ghost, reducing the amount of downtime for end users.
· Assisted other departments with upgrades to equipment, operating systems and software.
Computer Consultant, various employers January August
Clients Included: Burke Rehabilitation Hospital, Concentrex formerly Meca Software, American Skandia, American Mortgages Services, LP.
· Maintained Access database of all hardware and software, including medical equipment.
· Assisted in completing YK Readiness documents.
· Resolved installation, setup, dialup, online transfer, and account reconciliation issues.
· Used internal database to track all inbound customer calls, documented issues and resolutions.
· Assisted with backups of data files to prepare users for conversion to online banking system.
· Assisted with upgrade to AS software applications for all computers and laptops.
· Documented all hardware and software changes, tracked completion and updated information.
· Worked with IT Department to flash BIOS on all desktops and laptops.
· Completed multiple assignments onsite to accommodate corporate migrations and upgrades.
· Assisted with modifications to AMS website including online mortgage application process.
· Analyzed and edited Excel spreadsheets related to mortgages, loans and commissions.
· Created YK Readiness disclosure document with inhouse YK Taskforce.
Transcentive, Inc. formerly CMS, Inc., Shelton, CT July November
PRODUCT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
· Interacted directly with clients to analyze and resolve software issues for proprietary stock options software.
· Completed manual internal testing of client data files. Manually ran code through to the point of failure, identifying and logging the error locations.
· Team leader for five product types, resolved escalated help desk calls from clients.
· Tested four software products as part of product development team for DOS and Windows versions of the proprietary software.
· Worked with Programmers and QA Dept. to resolve more complex software issues.
· Wrote policy mandating a day in support for every employee to assist in providing an internal corporate understanding of internal procedures for new hires.
· Wrote training documentation for two software products in MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
· October Support Person of the Month.
Advanced Troubleshooting, Maintaining & Upgrading PCs
Network+ Certification, day course
Passed Level One and Level Two of the CEP Certified Equity Professional Exam.
Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, CT December
BA Communications, Media Option
Member of Lambda Pi Eta The National Communications Honor Society