[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
* Over years of experience as a Business Analyst BA in Information Technology.
* Indepth Knowledge of SDLC using the iterative and incremental methodologies such as RUP, Agile Scrum, RAD, and Noniterative methodologies like waterfall methodologies.
* Good organization and strong time management skills to effectively work in a fastpaced startup, with the ability to successfully manage multiple project deadlines, through understanding of financial reporting.
* Experience in conducting Joint Application Development JAD sessions with end users expert team, QA team and Stakeholders for project related meetings.
* Excellent Business Writing skills in developing Business Requirement Document BRD, Functional Requirement, Use case Document, and System Design Specification SDS.
* Proficient in creating Use Case, Activity Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Class Diagram and Collaboration Diagram.
* Excellent Knowledge of UML, MS VISIO.
* Experienced with Office Automation tools like MS Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
* Experience with SharePoint and Collaboration portal.
* Excellent Presentation, communication and Interpersonal Skills.
* Experience in Conducting and Coordinating user training Program.
* Good knowledge in Test Cases, Test Plan, User Acceptance Testing UAT.
* Understanding of the ASIS being processes and collected and maintained business and system requirements for the ToBE System created GAP analysis reports from "ASIS" and "TOBE" documents.
* Proficiency in elaborating the usecases, writing test cases and preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix RTM.
* Experienced in data analysis, accounting & financial analysis creation & maintenance of spreadsheets, financial structures and industry trends, Supply Chain Management and KAIZEN Techniques.
C++, Java, SQL, PLSQL
UNIX, Windows //NT//XP, Linux
MSAccess, MySQL, SQL Server , Oracle, DB
IBM Websphere, ATG Dynamo, BEA WebLogic, IBM Mainframe
MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational Clearcase, Rational RequisitePro,
Bug Tracking Tools
Mercury TestDirector, Quality Center, Rational ClearQuest
MS Office Suite, MS Project, TOAD, Adobe Photoshop
Quick Test Professional QTP,WinRunner, LoadRunner
All State Insurance, Florida Feb Current
Allstate Insurance Company is one of the leading insurance companies providing auto and home insurance. I worked as a BA analyst on a web based application, which was developed to meet the online insurance requirements for the customers.
* Involved in Requirements Gathering and business analysis through online portal to provide visibility to corporate customers business requirements
* Acted as a liaison between the business users and technical teams to build applications based on the business requirements, and provided a single point of contact for user communication managed issue tracking, prioritization and resolution.
* Refined the requirements usecases and Business Process Models to detailed level appropriate for technical analysis and system design.
* Created Use Case diagrams using MS VISIO.
* Participated in sessions to define the solution approaches, and identifying assumptions, constraints, risk and issues. Analysis and specification of system changes.
* Revealed unidentified requirements, nonfunctional requirements and evaluated changes to requirements, and assessed impact of changes.
* Performed Metrics Analysis deemed useful to the business and provided data analysis to senior management.
* Recommended process or system changes intended to eliminate identified risks or gaps.
* Developed functional requirements and specifications in respect to BRD, FRD, and TRD and also mapping processes to serve in Testing phase and assist in creation of any Testing documentation.
* Involved in Strategy Planning, which includes identification of the business requirements and use requirement analysis.
* Developed Functional Hierarchy document, Process flow document, Strategy document and Mapping documents.
* Performed functional analysis and setup including defining invoicing and accounting rules auto cash rule sets and auto accounting.
* Used SQL to test various reports and ETL load jobs in development, QA and production.
* Led the testing efforts of the data marts in developmentcoordinated moving/setting up of processes in dev/qa/production. Worked with QA team and UAT team to go over the various test scenarios for different types of loads in the data marts.
* Performing various tests which include Functional testing, Integration testing and System Testing.
* Used Hp Quality Center for the defect reporting and tracking.
Environment: Visual Basic, SQL, SQL Server , HP Quality Center, Oracle, C.Net, WebLogic, IPFR Services, HTML, Dream Weaver, Adobe Photoshop
Liberty Mutual, Portsmouth, NH Jan Nov
Liberty Mutual is a leading company providing insurance services in various sectors such as auto insurance, home insurance, and life insurance. As a Business Analyst, I was a part of the Personal Market Claims, Auto Physical Damage team. The project was focused on development and testing of online portal that provided claims information and agent location to clients. I interacted with all levels within the Auto Physical Damage organization and utilized quantitative and strategic methodologies to measure and solve specific business issues/challenges.
* Worked with business & architecture team to design interfaces and Business Process Analysis.
* Performed Data Analysis and attribute level data mapping using SQL Navigator and a Legacy database against DB database.
* Provided development and support for automated systems, technology, reporting and common business process.
* Performed research and analysis of internal practices, industry trends, business products, technology and competition to help determine optimal business solutions.
* Conducted JAD sessions and gathered the requirements from the users.
* Created Use Cases using Rational Requisite Pro.
* Created UML Diagrams for interfaces using Rational Rose.
* Supported Special Project Leader on analysis regarding cost savings initiatives and justifications.
* Created test scenarios and performed functional testing.
* Authored test cases in Quality Center.
Environment: Quest Central for DB, Toad, SQL Navigator .,Oracle SQL Developer, Rational Unified Process, Rational Clear Case, Pyramid, Instar, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Mercury Quality Center, Microsoft Visio
Shelter Insurance Columbia, MO Jan Dec
Shelter Insurance provides its insurances in more than states and has more than agents. The goal of the project was to develop an Internet application that allows potential customers to file claims online for claims related to Storm Damage, Auto, Glass related, Property Damage and also for Emergency Road Services. This application helps the customers find local agents contact information for assistance.
* Facilitated meetings with Subject Matter Experts for Requirements Gathering and transforming them to functional specification.
* Acted as a primary liaison between business lines, operations, and technical areas throughout the project cycle.
* Conducted JAD sessions and meetings with developers, QA team, and users for communicating primary requirements, also discuss different versions of requirements, queries, and clarify the issues.
* Participated in writing data mapping documents and performing gap analysis to verify the compatibility of existing system with new business requirements.
* Created Requirements Traceability Matrix.
* Created requirements document for Data Extraction, Data Analysis and Loading process.
* Applied SDLC as a software development methodology.
* Reviewed Business Requirements Documents and the Technical Specification.
* Design UML diagrams like Use Case Diagram, Class Diagram, Sequence Diagram, and State Diagram for project documentation using MS Visio.
* Coordinated UAT and executed environment build plans.
* Wrote SQL Queries to perform Data Validation.
* Organized and Performed GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Regression, and support for User Acceptance Testing UAT.
* Involved in defect tracking and bug management using Rational Clear Quest.
* Planned, scheduled, and controlled projects based on plans and requirements outlined by the business.
* Interacted with developers to report data related bugs and retested the fixed issues.
* Involved in providing input for Modification and Enhancement Requests.
* Involved in meetings, walkthroughs and creating minutes of the meeting.
* Created and submitted weekly status report to the project manager.
Environment: JEE, Java Script, HTML, SQL Server , Oracle, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office.
Cigna Financial, Hartford, CT Feb Dec Business Analyst
IMS is a webbased system developed for agents and customers. Customer or agent can use this system to get a quote or issue a policy online. It calculates the premium for a product using business rules .The subsystems have been developed as separate systems that can be used as independent of other systems.
* Analyzed and documented the Business Requirements, Understood business process from the business users like finance managers, insurance managers etc and used Rational Requisite Pro for the requirement tracking and analyzing.
* Performed GAP Analysis and documented the business process and various business scenario and activities of business from the conceptual to procedural level.
* Created and updated project status, requirements, and diagrams using RUP methodology.
* Involved in redefining business process, documenting enhancements.
* Extensively worked on MS Visio for creating UML diagrams like Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Activity Diagrams for project documentation.
* Extracted data from the Oracle Server by using SQL.
* Conducted surveys, interviews and JRP sessions with client and the technical group, JAD with IT group and translated them into System Requirements. Suggested measures and recommendations to improve the current application performance of the system.
* Involved in maintaining the Requirements Traceability Matrix RTM across the deliverables for a project.
* Interacted with various domestic & international Property and Casualty insurance and worked on evaluating the various criteria for rating them.
* Responsible for maintaining the minutes of all the requirement gathering sessions
* Involved in the weekly meetings to discuss the current project status.
Environment: MSOffice MSWord, MSPower Point, MSExcel, MS Access Rational requisite Pro, ASP.NET, SABA, XML, HTML, Windows XP/NT, MS SQL Server, Quality center
Standard Chartered, Delhi, India June Jan
Standard Chartered is a leading international bank providing different banking services to customers. The company has combined global capabilities with deep local knowledge to provide innovative products and services. My responsibility as a Business Analyst was associated with transaction and program authorization for the online banking requirements.
* Designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
* Responsible for writing and reviewing Functional Specification and Use Case Document.
* Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML.
* Identified gaps in the business process and worked to create enhancement and modification report.
* Responsible for Planning, Configuring, Designing, Implementing and testing SharePoint solutions.
* Recommend system/process solution approaches to minimize risk and workflow impacts while capitalize strategic goals.
* Experience with SharePoint and Collaboration portal.
* Assisted process owners in process training and implementation.
* Streamlined the Restatement Financial Data Warehouse access review Process.
* Gathered requirements from users of the Clear Quest CQ tool for any Enhancements or change requests for any defects.
* Led and conducted JAD sessions for requirements gathering, analysis and design of the system.
* Created context and workflow models, information and business rule models, Use Case and Object Models during the analysis using Rational tools.
* Documented Requirements for Management Reporting out of Clear Quest using Crystal Reports.
Environment: Windows XP/Server, HTML, MS Office, MS Visio, Rational Tools, SQL, WinRunner, LoadRunner
HDFC Bank, Delhi, India Feb May
HDFC is India&;s premier housing finance company. It aimed to get all the data available in different parts of the organization to work together and synthesize data into a modern database with a metadata "catalog". The role of Business Analyst here was involved in implementing a data warehouse solution to source data from heterogeneous sources, clean, filter and transform the same and store it in a structure that is easy to access and enabling the business users to understand the data in the terminology they are comfortable with.
* Developed an integrated repository of current and historical data, encompassing all operational and research areas.
* Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOAD using MS Visio.
* To build a user group specific data mart, based on the central repository.
* Worked closely with Senior Management to create WorkBreakdown Structure, ResourceBreakdown Structure using MSProject ` and managed project and resources to accomplish company&;s goal.
* Provided extensive metadata for a clear organization of the data.
* Assist with UAT, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
* Using detailed knowledge of application features and functions assess scope and impact of business needs throughout analysis and completion of all enhancement specifications.
* Implementation of a webbased access to the Warehouse.
Environment: Windows XP, RUP, MS Project, MS Visio