[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
GENERAL MANAGER | SENIOR EXECUTIVE
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT | PROCESS IMPROVEMENT | BUSINESS TURNAROUND
Global business leader who drives stakeholder value through team building, cultural transformation, and the ability to anticipate and plan for inherent global market risks. Define and execute enterprise vision and translate strategies into achievable objectives. Experience in diverse markets, cultures, and industries.
* Strategic Leadership: Took company from $.M net loss in to $M net revenue in to successfully deliver against business goals
* Bridging Cultures: Steered Middle East region through Arab Spring and global financial crisis by anticipating and interpreting market impacts and social trends.
* Brand Awareness: Transformed corporate culture and turned a demoralized, dysfunctional business unit into the performing organization in the Middle East & Africa. Transformed the business into a profitable and clientfocused industry leader.
* HighLevel Negotiations: Penetrated multibillion dollar industry in leading Oil & Gas, Mining, and Public sectors.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Leadership & Business Management
Strategic Vision & Mission Planning | Budgeting & Cost Management | Revenue & Profit Growth | Contract Negotiation | Team Building & Performance Improvement | Strategic Alliances | Sales & Marketing Business Development | Business Analysis | Human Resources Management
Project Planning | IT Service Delivery | IT Outsourcing | Managed Services | Program Management | Policy & Procedure Development | Operational Efficiency | Global Best Practices
Solutions Architecture | Consulting | Business Systems Development | Infrastructure Design & Development | Application Development | Consulting Best Practices | Delivery Lifecycles & Frameworks | CobiT | ITIL | ISO | Continuous Improvement
NQF MBA Master&;s in Business Administration Leadership & Sustainability, University of Wales, March May
* Subjects: Marketing Management, Organisational Behaviour, Financial Management, Entrepreneurship, Applied Leadership, Strategic Management, Investment Management
NQF National Diploma in Electronics, Germiston College, South Africa,
NQF Matric, Rhodesfield High, Kempton Park, South Africa,
Dimension Data, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia,
General Manager February
Recruited to stabilize the enterprise, lead the MiddleEast region, and restore profitability throughout the Arab Spring and world financial crisis. Envisioned and executed sustainable longterm business model and strategy, refocused efforts towards improving efficiencies and enterprise operations, developed and implemented innovative business concepts addressing underserved market niche, and forged key relationships with internal/external stakeholders and legislative bodies.
* Quadrupled revenue taking sales from $M to $M by redefining business model and turning around an underperforming regional team | Outperformed Plan % achieving profit in months.
* Led region to performance rating in the Middle East and Africa | Established Saudi Arabia as the first Middle East partner to achieve Cisco Gold Partner status based on architectural differentiation.
* Improved cash flow by reducing day sales outstanding DSO % from down to days.
* Transformed corporate culture lifting sales performance and customer satisfaction across the entire regional footprint.
* Implemented governance framework to transform underperforming organisation, leveraging existing resources, and implemented BI scorecards to deliver quality service in highly intense time frame.
* Notable wins include that I personally worked on:
+ SABIC: Global TelePresence Expansion Project in Saudi Arabia, Holland, China, Singapore and the USA.
+ British Aerospace Systems: Network Refresh, Security PS, UCS Servers, and SharePoint design in Saudi Arabia.
+ Saudi Post: National VC and Wireless Solution design and deployment.
+ Alinma Bank: National branch design and deployment to branches.
+ Aramco: Designed the Microsoft Office Communications Server infrastructure for a user base and scalable to users.
+ Samba Financial Services, Allisa Group, and Ariyadh Development Authority: Designed and Implemented the infrastructures for:
o Microsoft SQL Clusters
o Microsoft Exchange Infrastructure
o Windows Server Active Directory Infrastructure
o Microsoft Windows Server HyperV Virtualization
+ SABIC: Worked in partnership with NTT to develop a Global Managed Services TelePresence solution including endpoints for SABIC in Saudi Arabia, Holland, China, Singapore and the USA.
+ Verizon: Worked in partnership with Verizon to deploy TelePresence for their customers in the Middle East and UAE.
+ AT&T: Worked in partnership with Verizon to deploy TelePresence for their customers in the Middle East and UAE.
* Define vision, goals and strategy for the region.
* Develop and maintain regional strategy, marketing and sales plans.
* Establish shortterm goals and programs based on vision, mission and overall guidelines.
* Responsible for managing regional budget of US$ million.
* Responsible for achieving all performance related targets.
* Responsible for the achievement of set revenue and profit margin targets.
* To provide strategic direction to the Sales Organisation in terms of strategy, policy budgets and targets.
* Anticipate and interpret the impact of the market and social trends.
* Manage the Commercial Sales team staff on a national basis, expand the sales effort throughout the country by managing client relationships and service levels.
* Achieve Dimension Data Saudi Arabia annual order intake target.
* Assist sales team to develop and manage Account Plans.
* Generic business activities: People management, Financial Management, Vendor management, General Management
* Ensure employee attrition rate under % and resource utilisation not more than %
* Ensure that employees are familiar with policies, procedures and contractual requirements.
* Explore innovate possibilities to ensure smooth running of business.
* Recruit and manage geographical dispersed staff from differing cultures into cohesive teams.
* Build high performance teams through Roles & Responsibilities and KPIs.
* Actively involved with HR, PR and Marketing functions of the region.
* Lead employees to meet aggressive deadlines with sustainable and high levels of performance.
* Build and maintain key relationship with organisational and industry stakeholders and legislative bodies.
Service Delivery Manager, April January
Promoted to create IT Operations supporting startup financial services organization Alinma Bank and managed up to IT staff. Defined and developed IT Strategy, designed integrated IT architecture, led endtoend service delivery, set and monitored performance metrics, and advised senior managers on IT acquisitions and management. Collaborated with business unit managers to align IT and business goals and to map business services back to IT services and system requirements. Innovation and IT Steering Committee member.
* Facilitated the process to ensure that best practice methodologies and tools are applied across all technical domains. Including efficient technical architectures to achieve optimal service delivery.
* Managed operations as a profitable concern, and maximising the efficiency of resources and quality of service. Exploring innovative possibilities to improve the effectiveness of service delivery.
* Promoted sharing of operational and technical knowledge, Establish effective communication channels across the various technical domains and departments.
* Conducted audits and reviews across all departments to measure and report the level of compliance on standards, processes, and policies.
+ Mobily Saudi Arabia: Worked in partnership with Cisco Saudi Arabia to develop Mobily Managed Services for TelePresence.
+ Silah: Bahrain EGov initiative. Worked in partnership with Cisco Bahrain and Microsoft Bahrain to develop their Customer management and contact centre services.
+ BTC: Worked in partnership with Cisco Saudi Arabia to develop BTC managed services framework for hosting services, outsourcing, and Audio Conferencing.
+ Internet Solutions: Developed and compiled the business plan for:
o Microsoft Softwareasaservices SaaS for:
Hosted Exchange: Messaging and Archiving
Hosted Web: Microsoft Self Provisioning Portal SPP
Hosted SharePoint: Windows SharePoint Services
Hosted OCS: IM, Presence and Conference
o Cloud Services
Cloud Managed Services IaaS.
Cloud Desktop: Access to on demand services such as servers, storage and applications which are hosted off site.
* Develop, maintain, and facilitate the implementation of a sound and integrated IT architecture.
* Provide advice and assistance to senior managers on IT acquisition and management.
* Work with business unit managers to understand strategic initiatives that might have an impact on IT operations.
* Manage sales interaction and ensure that these are relevant and in line with the strategy.
* Prepare and negotiate contractual relationships and changes when needed.
* Map business services back to IT services and required systems.
* Develop IT Services catalogue.
* Responsible for managing regional budget.
* Responsible for managing Business Unit employees.
* Perform line management function for onsite resources.
* Responsible for coordinating the role of the Chief Architect and introducing the relevant technology Innovation when required.
* Assess requirements for personnel regarding knowledge and skills needed to achieve performance goals.
* Develop teams using participative decision making and managing conflict.
* Lead the team to cope with living with change, thinking creatively, and creating change.
* Set individual performance guidelines and manage collective team performance to achieve organizational performance.
* Implement service delivery, service management and employee development plans.
* Accountable for escalations and driving to resolution where required.
* Ensure policies and procedures are followed in all areas of the business.
* Operationally measure service delivery.
* Develop service improvement programmes while maintaining continuous improvement.
* Draft CARE process and reporting scorecards.
* Review service provision and report back to business on delivery through the CARE process.
* Develop enduser satisfaction surveys.
* Provide endtoend Service Desk measurement.
Dimension Data, Bryanston, South Africa, September March
Operations Manager, Centre of Excellence
Initially hired to improve customer satisfaction by dramatically reducing level server escalations and stabilizing customers&; IT environments. Promoted in to develop and maintain Managed Services operations supporting entire Outsourcing division. Oversaw operations planning, forecasting, quality control, process analysis, and standardization initiatives. Implemented best practices, optimized resource allocation and service quality, and managed up to engineering staff. The functional areas supported included SAN & Storage, AD & Exchange, Citrix, SQL, Data & Apps, MWARE Virtualisation, and Rightfax.
* Proposed and facilitated the development of Standardised Managed Services across client base. Including the development of standardised pricing models, Service Level Agreements, policies, and procedures.
* Transitioned Managed Services to profitable service provider; Level escalations reduced from an average of per day to an average of per quarter and CSATs increased from a rating of . to . upwards in first year.
* Proposed and maintained system architectures. Ensuring that architectures meet associated operational requirements, quality requirements e.g. performance and scalability, and design constraints.
* Named "Engineer of the Year" in for driving client satisfaction improvements and fostering a proactive Managed Services organization | Earned Q CEO Excellence Award for building longterm relationships with key stakeholders.
* "Wall of Fame" award recipient for consecutive months exceeding service quality, business development, and client relationship goals.
* Web Development and Programming ASP.NET, VB.net, Crystal Reports, vbscript, MySQL and SQL:
+ Developed, maintained and managed web application called TSM which included advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions for the engineers, Project teams and service delivery teams to work smarter and more efficient.
+ SAB: Developed advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions using tools available in the landscape including and not limited to Sales Force, custom Microsoft based reporting solutions, infrastructure monitoring systems, and ITIL systems to provide a centralized view of information, operations, and infrastructures.
* Notable events include:
+ Designed, implemented, and maintained SQL Cluster environments of Alexander Forbes, Tiger Brands, ADCORP, MIBFA, ADCORP, Macsteel, and Advantage Asset Managers.
+ Due Diligence and Infrastructure audits of AD, Exchange, and SQL environments of Alexander Forbes, Tiger Brands, Macsteel, ADCOR, and Advantage Asset Managers.
+ Successful Disaster Recovery of Microsoft SQL Cluster infrastructures, Alexander Forbes, Macsteel International, Advantage Asset Managers, University of Pretoria.
+ Successful Disaster Recovery of Microsoft Exchange infrastructures, Alexander Forbes, Tiger Brands, Advantage Asset managers, Macsteel.
+ Successful Disaster Recovery of Microsoft Active Directory Infrastructures, Alexander Forbes, Macsteel
+ SARS: Design and implementation of Microsoft SQL Replication across two identical Microsoft Active Directory Forests.
+ SAPPI: Design and implemented ISA infrastructure. Consulting regarding recommendation and architecture of Blade servers with Linux hosts and VMWARE, to host Windows Servers including SQL Server.
* Mentoring & Guidance
* Career Planning
* Team Effectiveness
* Resource allocation and scheduling
* People Performance Management
* Managing departmental finances, i.e., budgets
* Motivations and approvals for infrastructure, training, studies, etc.
* Provide input to new support, training and commissioning business opportunities
* Provide input to proposals
* Review estimated support, training and commissioning costs
* Provide input to and manage legal support contracts
* Provide input to and manage SLA&;s
* Effectively interact and coordinate relevant technology suppliers and product vendors.
* Develop standard Service Level Agreements which will be used to deliver the Standardized Managed Services that I have developed.
* Departmental financial reviews and reporting
* Input to strategic goals and objectives
* Processes & Methodologies maintenance and improvement
* Ensure that best practice technology and process are implemented and applied across all contracts in terms of the technical architectures, products, processes and procedures.
* Ensure that effective communication channels are established and maintained with technical staff working in your technology domain across the various customer contracts. This includes the sharing of operational and Technical knowledge, best practice, technical expertise and domain specific process and procedure improvements.
* Define, develop and implement Standardized Managed Services based on the technology domains for which I am responsible.
* Facilitate the development of a pricing model for each of the defined Standardized Managed Services
* Ensure that best practice technology and tools are applied in technical domains and that the most efficient technical architectures and tools are utilized to achieve optimal service delivery.
* Define, agree and document technology standards, process and procedures
* Facilitate the implementation of the standards, process and procedures as improvement plans in each relevant customer contract and define deadlines for the improvement of the same.
* Ensure that technology standards, processes and procedures are applied and followed in all contracts where it was implemented.
* Recommend tuning of systems and makes recommendations on the design and use of systems to help ensure optimum use of all hardware and operating system
* Conduct regular reviews and audits across all accounts to measure and report the level of compliance to technology standards, processes and procedures.
* Report findings to the appropriate Contract Manager, Service Manager, and the Head of Operations.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Technologies familiar with a wide range of Microsoft applications, operating systems, server applications and tools; applications include Microsoft Office, SharePoint Technologies, Server Operating Systems and Active Directory Administration, SQL Server & Exchange Messaging Platforms.
* Experience with networking concepts, equipment, connectivity, web development, code, servers, systems, content management, data management and troubleshooting and techniques.
Concor Holdings, Gauteng, South Africa, March August
Database & Network Administrator
Recruited to design and manage Concor Holdings first integrated IT infrastructure. Aligned systems architecture with business goals and requirements, designed innovative solutions in line with existing technologies and business vision, Audited and monitored compliance with defined strategy and architecture, and encouraged and fostered a knowledge sharing organizational culture.
* Operational level quality of service, delivery and process times improved. | Transitioned business from a pure paper based organization to electronically connected branches throughout the country with ability to process customer purchases immediately, instead of sending daily paper requests to Head Office at COB for manual processing.
* Web Development and Programming ASP.NET, VB.net, Crystal Reports, and SQL:
+ Designed and implemented the company&;s first Microsoft Exchange infrastructure and Windows Active Directory environment | Initiated systems security and first external firewall.
+ Designed the Intranet and Increase system using Visual Studio.NET, connected to a SQL backend and using Active Directory Authentication
* Designed and implemented the company&;s first Microsoft Exchange infrastructure and Windows Active Directory environment | Initiated systems security and first external firewall.
* Designed and implemented JDEdwards and Citrix environment.
* Managed the project for the implementation of the Salaries, Wages and HR infrastructure. During this time I designed and implemented the SQL Clusters and IIS Servers that would run the application. Further designed QOS and Process Control documentation. SLA&;s were drafted for approval by the business. Developed part of the Salaries, Wages and HR system using ASP.net, VB.net, and SQL.
* Identify system architectures and their required functions to meet business requirements.
* Design innovative solutions, ensuring that solutions met business strategy and vision.
* Review and align system architecture standards, leveraging the group&;s investment in technology and solutions.
* Audit, review and monitor compliance with defined strategy and architecture.