[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
VINAY V. B.
Highly accomplished and technical project manager that has directed all aspects of information systems projects from inception to completion. Responsible for strategic projects, cost savings in technology, managing project deliverables on time and on budget, and continuous improvements in process and tools. Motivated and selflearner with over years of experience in HighTech and Clean Energy industries, private and public companies, possessing extensive knowledge in:
Industry recognized certifications
Lean Six Sigma
Scrum and Agile
Technology assessment and integration
Business continuity and disaster recovery
Change control management
Process design and improvement
YORK UNIVERSITY SCHULICH SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, Toronto, ON
Master of Business Administration MBA. Expected Graduation Date:
WORCESTER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE WPI, Worcester, MA
Bachelor of Science with Distinction: Electrical and Computer Engineering, March
Information Systems Security Architecture Professional ISSAP
Information Systems Security Management Professional ISSMP
Certified Information Systems Security Professional CISSP
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert CCIE Security Written
Cisco Certified Security Professional CCSP
Cisco Certified Voice Professional CCVP
Cisco Certified Design Professional CCDP
Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE PMI
Project Management Professional PMP
AMERICAN SOCIEY OF QUALITY ASQ
Certified Six Sigma Black Belt CSSBB
ITIL v Foundation
WPI LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Certificate in the Development and Understanding of Leadership Attitude
ENERNOC, INC. Information Systems Project Manager, Toronto, ON / Present
* Comanage and led Enterprise Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery program by initiating the project, conducting business impact analysis and ensuring recovery plans are created and maintained so as to allow impact mitigation and risk alleviation so the company can still continue critical business functions in the event of a disaster.
* Conducted cost analysis of company wireless usage and was able to provide savings of about $, annually by decommissioning unused mobile devices.
* Conduct Request for Proposal RFP to get competitive pricing on different network carriers that could provide a good geographic footprint as the company scales and grows and to have a highly available and redundant solution. Savings to the company were about $,.
* Comanage deployment initiative of company critical application at secondary datacenter to provide Engineering with the ability to perform software releases without impacting the production environment, thus allowing x business availability to customers and internal employees.
* Managed technology assessment and integration of newly acquired companies. Leveraged a lot of network designing, management, and deployment, application and data migration and new user laptop/desktop deployment.
* Managed deployment of collaboration tools for IM Microsoft Office Communicator, web meetings, and audio/video conferencing Microsoft Live Meeting to help reduce communication and travel costs and provide instant and improved communication between employees. Was able to achieve annual company savings of about $,.
* Manage mobile phone integration solution to provide further support, security risk mitigation and flexible access to company emails for employee phones such as Android, IPhone, Windows Mobile, in addition to existing Blackberry phones.
* Comanaged migration, load balancing and additional web security of the customer portal website to support Marketing and Engineering&;s product rebranding efforts.
* Managed Windows and VMWare View Pilot Deployment projects by conducting root cause and stakeholder analysis, implementing user testing, survey and feedback and analyzing results. New laptop images were deployed to the employees as a result of the successful pilot and benefits included reduced break rate, improved user experience and applications&; performance, and continued vendor compatibility and support.
* Managed migration of critical inhouse application servers from traditional infrastructure to a virtualized environment by leveraging VMWare to enhance high availability and redundancy from a week recovery time objective RTO to a hour RTO with a hour recovery point objective RPO.
* Manage project timing and deliverables for Information Systems projects including Cisco network and VoIP design and enhancement.
* Build and manage project portfolio to do resource leveling and cost analysis to determine current and future resource availability for projects.
* Manage stakeholder expectations and communicate critical aspects of projects by leveraging project management and lean Six Sigma methodologies scope, status, risk, issues and timelines.
ENERNOC, INC. Network Engineer, Boston, MA / /
* Acted as team&;s project manager and provide a structured approach to successful completion on projects.
* Managed and implemented WAN optimizers solution to reduce network bandwidth costs and support backup data replication between datacenters for business continuity. Was able to reduce data replication time from weeks to day providing about % data reduction and achieving annual company savings of about $,.
* Migrated corporate network from a national VoIP carrier to an international, tier VoIP carrier to provide higher redundancy and availability. Was able to increase network quarterly uptime metrics from .% to .%, reducing possibility of downtime from hours every quarter to minutes.
* Managed and implemented F load balancers to improve email distribution, redundancy and performance on spam firewalls and Exchange servers.
* Managed and implemented a highly available and redundant, dual Internet carrier link for the company.
* Built business continuity procedures BCP and test plans for the IT network environment.
* Managed and monitored the corporate network.
* Implemented network changes in accordance with change control policy.
* Improved network security infrastructure in accordance with SOX and security policies.
* Acted as a resource to the NOC networking team to support new technologies and infrastructure.
* Documented IT network security policies.
* Worked across departments to build and improve the infrastructure to support disaster recovery and business continuity.
ENERNOC, INC. Operations IT Specialist, Boston, MA / /
* Managed and trained a NOC networking team to troubleshoot daily connectivity issues and reporting for over + customer sites.
* Analyzed business and technical requirements, recommend and deployed improved communication devices/installations to help reduce equipment and service time costs at customer sites.
* Managed and ran data quality exception reports against several components on the application ranging from customer site data, energy data, and network connectivity for the operations team.
* Documented internal controls, processes, and environment.
* Developed and implemented process improvements within our xx NOC team.
* Designed and implemented an Information Security strategy for customerfacing communications.
* Helped to designed and built our Disaster Recovery infrastructure.
* Helped design, built, and tested overall infrastructure towards SOX compliancy standards.
* Responded to customer support requests via phone and email.
* Acted as Site Manager and worked with the team to execute Demand Response events.
* Responded to and/or escalated customer questions about Demand Response participation.
SYSTEMS AND SUPPORT Computer Support Specialist, Concord, MA / /
* Troubleshot and repaired computer systems for customer and inhouse systems.
* Installed, upgraded, and maintained Microsoft Windows Server /NT/, Microsoft Windows Desktop XP// software products and networks for customers.
* Maintained and updated customer prospects database and provided sales pitches to prospects via phone calls and meetings.
* Performed tests on inhouse computer systems and peripherals.
* Installed, updated, and designed website for the web server.
BELLHAWK SYSTEMS CORPORATION Technical Support Specialist, Millbury, MA / /
* Provided internal IT support and technical expertise to customers for company&;s products.
* Managed company&;s network infrastructure and servers, including installations, configurations and backups.
* Installed and configured Cisco wireless access points for secure use in a client&;s network infrastructure to enable interoperability with BellHawk&;s barcode tracking system.
* Built new database server and migrated the databases over from the old database server.
* Performed customizations and bug fixes for company&;s product to clients.
* Wrote, reviewed, and updated user manuals, installation guides, and internal procedures.
* Researched feasible technologies to be utilized in client proposals and installations.
* Performed wireless site surveys in client&;s warehouses for efficient wireless installation of access points to support the BellHawk tracking system.
* Designed, maintained and updated company&;s website.
* Network Management Adventnet Firewall Analyzer/WiFi Manager, Kiwi CatTools, Cacti, Netflow
* Hardware Cisco Routers/ Switches/ Access Points/ PIX and ASA Firewalls/ Concentrators, Riverbed WAN Optimizers, F LTM and GTM load balancers
* Networking Protocols TCP/IP, RIP, IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, PPP, BGP, HSRP, IPSec VPN, TACACS+, RADIUS
* Database SQL
* Operating Systems Windows , Vista, Sever/ Professional/ Server/ NT Workstation ./ XP/Me/ , Pocket PC , DOS, Novell, Unix
* Software Packages MS Project, MS Office, MS Visio, TrackIT, Great Plains, MATLAB, CorelDraw, Maple, Thomson Analytics, Peregrine Service Center, Outlook, GroupWise, NetIQ Chariot, Network Associates Sniffer, Observer, Symantec Antivirus Server, Norton Antivirus, McAfee Antivirus, Salesforce, ServiceNow
* EnerNOC Achievement Award for continuous selfimprovement and leveraging skills to help others
* Presidential Scholarship Award for four years renewable based on academics.
* Selected to travel to Darmstadt, Germany to complete Sufficiency Requirement in Humanities.
* Recognized by Bottomline Magazine for successfully pursuing a MCSE degree prior to college.
* Member of American Society of Quality ASQ. / /
* Bronze IV level at Arthur Murray Dance Studio. / /
* Moderate French.
* Basic German and Hindi.