[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Lily Street Hamlyn Heights Vic.
I seek a position as a General Manager, Business Development Manager, Business Analyst, Project Manager, Construction Manager, Operations Manager or Maintenance Manager. I am prepared to relocate anywhere in the world to a position in which I can contribute and excel. I have extensive general management experience in high end domestic construction, light commercial and mechanical engineering maintenance management as well as managing a professional organisation. I would like to invite you to contact me further so that I can answer any questions that you may have.
General Manager; Blue Cove Homes
* I took the business to the stage where it was building to homes a year which ranged from $K to Million.
* I hired an OHS consultant on a regular basis and implemented compliant OHS Policy.
* I dealt directly with clients from design stage to contract signing and I was present at all meetings with the clients.
* I would meet clients on site on a regular basis and address any concerns that they had.
* I project managed some large constructions personally with some including clearing of land, road construction and provision of services.
* I project managed some commercial construction projects personally an example is the construction and fit out of the GYM at the TAC building.
* I completed and filed planning applications including DSE and CFO compliance. I would meet with planners and objecting parties and negotiate solutions.
* I have represented the company at VCAT involving planning application objections and other disputes.
* I would complete quarterly budgets, cash flow statements and projected profit and loss statements.
* I would make decisions with the marketing manager in relation to marketing strategy and sales goals.
* I personally managed the introduction of Constructor Builder management software and Builder Trend construction Software
Chairman of the Housing Industry Association HIA Geelong and Western Victoria
* When I was elected Chairman the branch was having financial difficulty, I redesign the sponsorship arrangements so that revenue increased times on average.
* I presided over the committer and we planned regular events for members.
* I would meet at the HIA head office and represent the branch at the chairs meeting and sit in on board meetings.
* I would provide a service to members on an individual basis this would range from OHS issues through to the employment of apprentices.
Plant Maintenance Manager; Air International
* Designed and implemented a Microsoft Project maintenance software system.
* I wrote and implemented a preventative maintenance system for the plant.
* I organised labour and scheduled maintenance tasks from fabrication to tool making of pipe bender replacement parts. I would advise on technical issues relating to tasks.
* I would organise contract labour to come in and perform certain tasks once approval from the engineering manager was given. I would then instruct and supervise contractors.
* I would supervise the construction of new manufacturing lines such as new instrumentation panel assembly.
* I was involved in the development of newly designed machines and processed for new products going into production.
* I was responsible for controlling the purchase of parts and materials as per budgets.
General Development Manager; Viewburn plains land subdivision
* I hired a surveyor and prepare development plan, financial, operational and marketing strategy.
* I applied and obtained a subdivision permit from council and prepared and submitted all application documents.
* I engaged engineering services to develop the design of the estate and do detailed engineering documents relating to roads, drainage and general infrastructure.
* I investigated and engage market research inorder to set sale price and sales targets and researched and contracted a sales agent.
* I met with the bank and investors and organised finance for the project.
* Bachelor of Commerce Accounting Finance, Commercial Law major sub major Management // Deakin University
* National Occupational Health and Safety Officers course // Housing Industry Association.
* Certificate IV in Building and Construction Management // Housing Industry Association.
* Diploma of Build Environment ABC CAD // Gordon Institute.
* Restricted S class Licensee Module NREL & NRELO // Gordon Institute.
* Certificate IV in Engineering Technology NMD Fluid Power NMD Pneumatics NMOD Hydraulics NMD Hydraulics // Chisholm Institute.
* Introduction to Programmable Controllers E // Festo Didactic Training Program.
* Indentured apprenticeship Fitting and Turning // Industrial Training Commission Victoria
* Advanced computer skills, MS Word, Excel, MS Project, MS Outlook, Auto Cad, Constructor, Builder Trend, Adobe Illustrator.
* Fluent in English and German.
SEMINARS ATTENDED EXAMPLES
* HIA Branch Meeting at Royal Geelong Yacht Club on Tuesday th February . Tony Lopez New OHS duties that apply from July
* HIA Branch Meeting at Royal Geelong Yacht Club on Tuesday th February . Paul Ferguson General legal compliance and legal referral for litigation.
* THE CEO SYNDICATE HALF DAY PROGRAM TUESDAY JUNE . William Mulholland The New Australian Consumer Law.
* THE CEO SYNDICATE HALF DAY PROGRAM TUESDAY August . Andy Kelsall Lean Thinking and Practical Deployment.
* MBA Seminar Albert Street, Members Dining Room, MCG March . Professor Harper The global economy and how this will affect you and your business in the year ahead.
* VECCI Seminar Geelong Skilled Stadium, June . James Gulli The New Equal Opportunity Act Vic.
* Member of the Master Builders Association MBA
* Member of the Housing Industry Association HIA
* Member of Victorian Employers Chamber of Commerce and Industry VECCI
* Chairman of HIA Geelong and Western district between and
* Strategic ability to develop a startup business plan and turn it into an ongoing profitable concern.
* Identify and developed short term to longer year plans for business.
* General Manager with experience in Project Management, Engineering Maintenance Management, Marketing, Financial Management, and Human Resource Management.
* Ability to develop and implement marketing plans/targets and strategies to increase sales for short, medium and long term time frames.
* Welldeveloped financial skills both internal and external reporting.
* Ability to design/source and implement internal reporting systems.
* Able to control costs and increase sales thus improving profitability.
* Operational management experience with process design and implementation skills.
* An in depth knowledge of legislative compliance requirements for business with knowledge in areas such as consumer legislation to taxation reporting.
* An excellent understanding and importance of Occupational Health and Safety.
At Blue Cove Homes we constructed architecturally designed homes for the second and third home buyer. Through an ongoing marketing program we would attract customers and meet with those customers, listen to what their needs were and sell them the benefits of what we had to offer them. The customers would then sign a preliminary contract through which we would design and quote their home; once this was completed we would sign a building contract which was fully detailed with specifications, drawings etc. I have a very wide range of interpersonal skills which are required to engage a customer so that they have the confidence to build a home with us. A relationship is established that would be an ongoing one even after the home was complete and handed over. At Blue Cove Homes we had some employees that were employed by the company on a full time basis these were mainly management employees, we also employed a number of contractors. My skills and ability to deal with employees in a sometimes stressful competitive environment are well developed, from motivational skills through to conflict resolution skills.
As manager of the maintenance department at Air International between and I was responsible for the upkeep of the plant and facilities. Air international manufactured various parts for the major car manufacturers&; in the automotive industry. I worked with project engineers in the design and manufacture of new inhouse plant and equipment, establishing maintenance schedules and implemented an ongoing maintenance program which included any breakdown maintenance as required. As maintenance manager I had to engage with engineers, trades people and upper management to keep production processes running continuously and the testing and implementation of new more efficient processes. This environment had a strong continuous improvement element.
In I was elected as Chairman of the Housing Industry Association HIA the Geelong and Western Victoria Branch. I was part of the committee that would organize dinner meetings for members. We would seek sponsors at these events that would present their product. We would arrange to have the dinners at different venues every month; about to members would attend the meetings. At these meetings we would also invite guest speakers that would address issues of interest such as the introduction of star energy requirements. We would also often invite individuals from local council departments to come and speak at the meetings. I would chair the meeting, I would also engage with individuals and listen to any concerns that they may have or point them in the right direction if they had problems to solve. Once a month I would go up to the HIA offices in Melbourne and I would represent the local Geelong region at the State chairman&;s meeting of Victorian. At these meetings we would discuss matters of interest that had been brought to our attention by members and also discuss legislative changes, attendance numbers and any other items on the agenda.
* Gym keeping fit
* Prospecting gold and gem stones
Having given financial support for the School Development Project at the Masaka Diocese St. Charles Lwanga Namabaale Uganda we are now working on a web site that will help raise further funds for the Project. The strategy is to use the web to market the development program to the world.
* Jason Boulter Construction Manager Blue Cove Homes Australia Ph. + Mob. +
* Sam Cox Solicitor Handyman&;s Lawyers Australia Ph. + Mob. +
* Steve Greenwood Technical Manager Housing Industry Association Australia
* Fr. Ssekiwunga Jerome Parish Priest Namabaale Uganda
* Bjoern Scholz LPG Installations Technician Germany +