[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
OX BJ Oxfordshire
A positive, proactive and resultsdriven professional with a highly successful background in the achievement of successful operations, mobilisations, profitable business and continuous development strategies. With excellent interpersonal skills, customer satisfaction and ability to exceed in maintaining internal and external relationships. Enjoys being part of, as well managing, motivating and training a successful and productive team, and thrives highly pressurised and challenging working environments.
Carlos has an impressive track record in Support Services Management. His experience includes working on some large accounts in the UK, being part of the Asian Games in Doha Qatar National Olympic Committee and recently in a senior position in a setup of an FM company in Dubai. After invited by EMCOR Group to setup and support the transition from outsourcing to inhouse services for all the MENA regions. He became an internal consultant for all mobilisations within the Middle East Operations EMCOR, reporting directly to the group MD and working closely with the CEO. This experience covers a wide range of sectors from Retail, Corporate, Healthcare, Defense, Aviation and Education facilities.
Currently looking for a new challenging position in Facilities Services / Support Services as a Manager, on which will make best use of existing skills and experience whilst enabling further personal and professional development. Or to be part and assist another setup, transition from cleaning / security to FM.
* BICSc assessor COPC certificate.
* BIFM certification in SLA&;s.
* BIFM certification in SOW&;s.
* Committed to Health & Safety management and training.
* Specialize in Integrated Management Systems together with relevant standard operating processes.
* Client relationship and Quality Assurance.
* Excellent management of supply chain
* FM setup, mobilization & projects development.
* Mobilisations and Operational Setup.
* Transition between security/cleaning to support services setup
* Experienced in multisite management & coordination.
* Project Management & Transitions.
* Team building and efficient leadership.
* Experienced in Retail, Resorts/Hospitality, and Industrial & Builders cleaning.
* Procedure/policy development & implementation.
* A highly committed and resilient individual.
* Multi lingual Portuguese, English, Spanish, Italian and French
* Licensed as SIA compliance management British Security Industry Authority renewal required
* Security procedures, training programs and auditing.
* Motivated for project continuous improvement and innovation
* Compliance and Service Improvement
Aug to Jan
EMCOR Group Middle East
Head of Division
* Invited to setup First Facilities Management as the first world solely specialist providers to Resorts and Hospitality, as Head of Division Support services. The role was to plan, create, implement and audit all Support Services delivery model designed by myself and recruit all the management team for the setup. security, cleaning, landscaping, etc The setup was successfully accomplished with a profitability of % on year one.
* First Resort was part of a strategy between, IFA Resorts & Hotels and EMCOR to deliver TFS services specifically for Palm Jumeirah and other resorts worldwide. This task was also achieved and First Resort International setup was successfully achieved after months in which all personnel we recruited gained enormous experience during the all process.
* Also supported, scheduled and trained for the mobilisations of Golden Mile and Shoreline projects, at the Palm. The success of these mobilisations was publicly announced by the Fairmont Hotels Directors client in local press.
* After I moved to EMCOR group HQ at request of the MD, to change the delivery model to inhouse and stop outsourcing services. This was successfully achieved and I then supported the GM of MENA regions to achieve such transition smoothly in each country, via inductions, presentations, workshops, training and ongoing support
* Acted as consultant for the Financial Harbor project Bahrain
* Also supported EMCOR biggest project in Saudi Arabia KAUST King Abdullah University of Sciences and Technology Acting as consultant during the project mobilization and selection of senior management.
* Most recently I was appointed to lead the mobilisation % of Dubai HRHSheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum properties. The mobilisation was successfully achieved at enormous satisfaction both internally and client level.
Sep to Jul
Europa Facility Services
Regional Operations Manager
Over viewed several blue chip clients from Nottingham to Plymouth supplying a full range of TFS services Security, Concierge, Maintenance, Waste Management and Cleaning such as;
* Drake Circus Plymouth shopping Centre
* Highcross Leicester shopping Centre
* Bullring Birmingham shopping Centre
* Crown Gate Worcester shopping Centre
* Beechwood Cheltenham shopping Centre
* Fort Dunlop Birmingham
* West Gate Oxford shopping Centre
* Victoria Nottingham shopping Centre
* The Potteries Stoke on Trent shopping Centre
* Midsummer Place Milton Keynes shopping Centre
* Beetham Tower Birmingham
* And other major clients in the shopping centre, retail and other industries.
* Responsible for the tender process and mobilisation of new accounts namely Drake Circus Plymouth, Beechwood Cheltenham and West Gate, Oxford.
Man management the allregion with Regional Account Managers and a number of Site Based Managers. I focus in delivering excellence however reducing running costs and renegotiated part of the supply chain, which brought the business savings of around PoundM/year. Also developed a sales strategy which strength our relationship with client and bought to bought both parties additional revenue. Providing management with new operational methodologies, introducing project management and motivating them towards the achievement of optimum service delivery standards to facilitate customer satisfaction and maximum revenue generation.
Dec to Aug
DAGOC Doha Asian Games Organising Committee
Head of Department Support Services
Qatar National Olympic Committee
Working for DAGOC in the role of Head of Division Support Services, I was responsible for the following facilities: Khalifa stadium a thousand seat stadium, Basketball hall, Hammad Olympic aquatic centre, Sponsors hospitality village, Women&;s Club exhibition hall, Common Domain area of ceremonies compounds, Catering units, Cultural events precint,Beach Volley Ball precinct,Endurance horse race course & Aspire Indoor Hall currently the biggest indoor sports hall on the planet.
* Also accountable for:
* Preparation of both operational & venue planning manuals, waste streams policies & procedures & recycling programs.
* All preparation required for venue master plan programmes/schedules for the support services management for all venues.
* Medical and doping control waste streams.
* Managing and auditing of all contractors in overall planning and achieving our agreed targets.
* Liaising with the local government departments, local municipality authorities & waste management companies involved in all the Asian Games Sports City complexes.
This was probably the most learning project I was involved, due to the size of such mobilisation and demanding project management accuracy. The courses I attended and continuous reviews of my department progress and people development, gave me a vast knowledge about major multimillion fast mobilisations.
Jun to Dec
I.C.M. Support Services I.C.M. Group
Project Consultant / Operations Director
Working and setting up an I.C.M. subsidiary, I was overlooking all aspects of operations. Selected and recruited all the senior management for the required operation, performed management training, project management initiation courses, all internal auditing documentation and implemented new service systems and procedures including:
* Creation of cleaning & waste management operational manuals.
* Creation of employee manuals multi lingual.
* Work scheduling and overall targets.
* Developed and implemented all internal auditing documentation Quality Control Measures.
* Planning all new cleaning business operational projects / targets client: COMPASS Group
* Managing the team of regional managers, site managers / supervisors and full time employees in cleaning and maintenance services MOTO motorway services.
* Planning and delivery of all the company&;s training programs.
* Creation of a Health & Safety focus cleaning program for BP forecourts / MOTO.
* Over viewing operations for Roadchef service stations with the above management, and labour supply.
* Setting up and developing all the operational manuals and teams for all Marks & Spencer convenience stores in the motorways.
When I started the setup of ICM Support services, it was a turnover of PoundK. By introducing new methodologies, quality assurance, ongoing training and development of all personnel; we therefore achieved client recognition and trust. Resulting in expansion of diversity of our service, which I proposed to the Directors and thereafter the client, resulted in increasing the turnover to PoundM in months period.
EFI International Australian Group "Efficient Leadership" Course
EFI International Australian Group "Team Building & Appraisal" Course
The Expert Group in association with EFI international UK and Australian groups "Project Management" course
ACAS Course Discipline & Grievance Procedures
British Institute of Facilities Management
BIFM SLA&;s `Propose, Scope and Context ` `Structuring Service Level Agreements ` `SLA&;s and Continuous Service Improvement
British Institute of Cleaning Science BICSc COPC assessor
Driving License: Full / Clean
Interests: Family Activities, Reading, IT, Music & Dining Out
FM Director Czech Republic, FM Development Director Central Europe at SODEXO former SODEXHO
"I have worked with and known Carlos for a number of years, he was instrumental in establishing the Soft Service element of a Joint Venture FM company we established in Dubai. He was responsible for creating all process and procedure for Soft Services as well as playing a key role in Health & Safety. He contributed to the vision of the company and was directly involved in the development of new business. Carlos is focused, precise and selfmotivated. I have no hesitation in recommending him."
Senior Vice President, Linc Facility Services International
ex Group Managing Director, EMCOR, Middle East
"Carlos is probably the most determined individual I have ever had the pleasure to work with, especially when it comes down to delivery; his dedication is unique in many ways. Give him a task and you are % confident that it will be completed within time and in budget; a consummate professional when it comes to support services and customer relationships. Leave him idle and he will drive you crazy until he is fully loaded a great person to have in the team."
Director Global Head of FM Operations
CB Richard Ellis Ltd
ex Managing Director, Europa Support Services
Senior Director Quality and outsourcing WASL/DREC Dubai Real Estate Corporation Dubai
"I have known Carlos for a few years now; he was instrumental in transition & mobilization for our Buildings as well as establishing the Soft Service element for his FM Company in Dubai. He was responsible for delivering FM Services during the transition phase as well as playing a key role in recruitment of the resources. He is client focused and is always trying to get the works done within planned time frames he is honest to his clients & sensitive to their needs , precise and selfmotivated."
Regional Account Manager Gulf & Pakistan
Cisco Systems International
Head of Services Support Services at IFA Hotels & Resorts Palm Jumeirah, Dubai
"An outstanding person, expert and methodical advisor. Always supportive with he&;s knowledge and operational awareness. Always had solutions and never accepted no to any challenge, above all, was always willing to share he&;s experience".