[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
LESIA M., PMP
Sugarbush :: Chesterfield, MI ::
INSTRUCTOR :: COACH :: FACILITATOR :: PROJECT MANAGER
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT LEADER
BUSINESS PROCESS TRANSFORMATION / REENGINEERING
Selfdirected instructor, leader, and project manager with decisionmaking, problem solving, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Expert in instructional design and training development. Expert in analyzing, redesigning, documenting and modeling business processes. Highly skilled facilitator with the ability to develop productive selfdirected global project teams.
* yrs experience in project management activities facilitating, coordinating and leading global crossfunctional teams in business process transformation/development
* yrs experience in negotiating with a variety functions including suppliers, plant operations, General Motors, various unions, legal, purchasing, finance, information technology, human resources, health and safety, marketing, manufacturing, publishing, etc.
* yrs experience in instructional design curriculum development, training and evaluating outcomes at the corporate and college level
* yrs experience in writing, reviewing and editing presentations for leadership, staff and colleagues as well as creating interactiveelectronic forms
* yrs experience in design, development and management of websites
* Contributed to, and edited, "The A to Z of Idea Management for Organizational Improvement and Innovation" published by Jim Schwarz Total Quality Systems Software Inc.
* Designed and delivered courses to displaced workers in Michigan through the Take Charge Program at Walsh College Project Management, MSOffice, Keyboarding
* Instructional Design / Training
* Team Development
* Coaching / Team Dynamics
* Team Development
* Project Management
* Problem Solving
* Organizational Change
* Process Reengineering / Modeling
* Development of Strategic Alliances
* Six Sigma Green Belt
Walsh College / to Present
Adjunct Instructor, Business Information Technology Program
Analyzed curriculum needs, developed and delivered lectures at graduate and undergraduate levels. Evaluated class work, assignments, papers and selected materials and textbooks. Kept abreast of developments in the Information Technology field by reading literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in conferences.
* Planned, evaluated, and revised curriculum, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction for courses such as
* Business communication and effective presentation skills
* System development life cycle with project management and problem solving methodologies
* Information technology trends and issues
* Business information compliance to security policies SOX, GLBA, ADA, FERPA, BASEL II, COPPA, HIPAA, etc.
* ECommerce, internet and web design
* Advised students on academic and career issues
* Collaborated with colleagues to address teaching and research issues
* Served on the communication committee that dealt with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues regarding student writing assignments
* Worked with Office of Online Learning in applying voice to PowerPoint presentations for Online classes
* Worked with the Take Charge program to provide training for displaced workers
+ Codeveloped and delivered Project Management classes
+ Developed and delivered MSOffice training Word, Excel, PowerPoint
+ Developed and delivered keyboarding training
Delphi Corporation / to /
Manager Systems Analyst Facilities Group / to /
Managed and analyzed information technology needs and requirements.
* Managed and developed organizational charts and interactive forms for training and human resources
* Facilitated, managed and documented group meetings, including preparation of presentations for staff and leadership
* Managed the website for different areas of the functional group
Manager Suggestion Program Manufacturing Group / /
Managed the suggestion process, which led to millions of dollars in savings and quality improvements for Delphi NA. Managed the work of administrators and reporting of requirements from approximately locations. Acted as the technical expert for Delphi and unions to enable process improvement. Managed and facilitated the redevelopment of a standardized approach for the suggestion process including the deployment of the changes to the process. Developed a scorecard of key metrics for leadership.
* Interfaced with various functions i.e., legal, payroll, human resources, etc. to resolve issues and developed communication to respond to suggesters, attorneys, ethicsline, etc.
* Facilitated and managed requirements gathering and directed the analysis, design and implementation of a common computer system to manage suggestions for all Delphi facilities using the systems development process
* Analyzed training needs and designed, developed and conducted training at divisions and plants
* Developed communications and promotions for the program
* Developed scorecard and metrics for data related to process effectiveness and efficiency
* Performed analysis to determine root cause and variation of process problems
* Benchmarked other organizations and processes to identify gaps to develop a process framework.
* Facilitated and documented business process review meetings with union, GM, Delphi and other representatives to address process requirements which included a rewrite of the rules, process, manual, forms and training utilizing project management PM methodology
+ Determined which best practices and deliverables to include in the reengineered process
+ Modeled process using Visio
* Prepared, coordinated, facilitated and documented leadership meetings for union and management included developing, reviewing and editing presentations
* Developed, implemented and managed the quality network website
* Managed and facilitated activities within functional areas of the organization including circle of colleagues, UAW, IUE/CWA, and GM partners to obtain consensus and commonality of processes.
+ Analyzed training needs, developed training plans, designed and conducted training, evaluated training outcomes and developed communication to promote training i.e., Problem Solving, Planned Maintenance, Standardized Work, etc.
* Developed various electronic surveys and analyzed results to promote continuous improvement
* Organized multiple national conferences, including engaging speakers, reviewing / developing / managing, and editing presentations
Systems Analyst Information Technology Group / /
Led, facilitated, and managed the crossfunctional team that developed the first global Delphi Information Technology Development Process including writing the process documentation and development of common reporting forms. Benchmarked other processes to develop a process framework to determine best practices and deliverables to include in the process. Modeled process using Visio and PowerPoint.
* Developed and implemented a program management process to enable management of technology development projects
* Analyzed training needs, developed training plans, designed and conducted training, evaluated training outcomes and developed communication to promote training.
* Evaluated, reviewed and edited training and other documents for various areas of the functional group.
* Coordinated and managed research organizations contracted by Delphi
* Prepared, coordinated, facilitated and documented information management task team meetings for executive leadership
* Developed various electronic surveys and analyzed results to promote continuous improvement
Project Manager / Continuous Improvement Leader Delphi Development Processes / /
Led, managed, facilitated, and coordinated the project to develop the first common global development processes that promoted a standardized approach for product research and product development for Delphi products. Received the GM President&;s Council Award.
* Successfully introduced global teams to brainstorming, collaboration and process development using electronic media which enabled faster team consensus as well as immediate document distribution
* Analyzed training needs, developed training plans, designed and conducted training Gate Reviews, Lessons Learned, Project Management, etc., evaluated training outcomes and developed communication to promote training
* Interfaced with crossfunctional teams i.e., engineering, manufacturing, and purchasing, environmental, health and safety as well as many other functions to ensure inclusion of appropriate activities, best practices, procedures, tasks and deliverables within the processes
* Used root cause analysis techniques to identify gaps. Benchmarked other processes to develop a framework to determine which best practices and deliverables to include in the reengineered processes
* Facilitated, documented and managed the development of governance, performance and changes to the processes Configuration Management; modeled processes using Visio and PowerPoint
* Managed the development of a common electronic system eliminating the need for paper
* Managed and coordinated + inputs / outputs for the processes using an Access database
* Facilitated and managed global crossfunctional teams in requirements gathering and development of common processes i.e., Global Engineering system, Document Manager, Bill of Materials, Change Management Process, Incident Reporting Information System, etc.
* Initiated and trained on the use of Lotus QuickPlace as a collaborative website for engineering and manufacturing teams
* Defined requirements implemented and managed the website for the engineering community.
* Developed and analyzed various surveys to promote continuous improvement
* Organized various global conferences including engaging speakers, reviewing / developing / managing, and editing presentations
* Prepared, reviewed and edited presentations for staff and leadership
Manpower/Entech / /
Systems Analyst at General Motors at Cadillac and Inland Fisher Guide
Managed the development and training of systems engineering methods for Cadillac. Participated on the team that developed systems engineering training including requirements, specifications, block diagrams, trade study, and quality functional deployment.
* Analyzed training needs, developed training plans, evaluated training outcomes, developed communication and conducted training for engineering to implement requirementsdriven processes i.e., Design of Experiments, Systems Engineering, Quality Functional Deployment, Trade Studies, Requirements, etc.
* Facilitated and managed the requirements gathering and modeling of many common processes for use within the Cadillac engineering community including the Cadillac vehicle engineering technology process including developing documentation and modeling the newly designed processes
* Evaluated and offered feedback on block diagrams, interface control documents and technical specifications to ensure acceptability within engineering standards
* Assisted in establishing requirements to develop General Motors technical memory lessons learned
* Managed requirements definition and guidelines to develop a process modeling software application
Total Quality Systems Software Inc / to present
Advisory Board Member
Provided consultation to customers on idea management and applications including demonstrations and responding to questions and requirements. Consult with developers on management and enhancements to software. Reviewed, edited and developed materials. Contributed to and edited the book "The A to Z of Idea Management for Organizational Improvement and Innovation" published by Jim Schwarz Total Quality Systems Software Inc..
Technical Environment: MsOffice, MsProject, Access, DreamWeaver, iRise, eLearning SW, Captivate, SmartBoards, Educator, Audacity, FrontPage, Captivate, SharePoint, PhotoShop, Visio, Outlook, PresentOnLine, NetMeeting, PageMaker, FrameMaker, RAD/JAD, eLearning SW, SmartBoards, QuickPlace, LotusNotes, electronic survey tools, FrameMaker, PageMaker
* Project Management New Horizons
* Trade Study Methodology GM
* Six Sigma Green Belt Delphi
* Lean Principles Delphi
* Problem Solving Delphi
* Diversity Delphi
* Quality Function Deployment GM
* Design of Experiments GM
* Specification Writing GM
* Web Design New Horizons
* Synchronous Principles GM
Master of Science in Information Management and Communication, Walsh College //
Bachelor of Business Administration in Computer Information Systems, Walsh College /