[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Online professional profile: Twitter:
My Quia site of online Spanish games, activities & quizzes:
My social bookmarking profile with "stacks" of useful sites for educators:
* University of California, Santa Barbara, CA
* Master&;s of Arts Degree in Hispanic Literature and Culture,
* Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, IL
Illinois Teaching Certification: Type K, Spanish,
Bachelor of Arts with majors in Spanish and SpeechPerforming Arts,
* Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
* Freshman course of Sociology,
Instituto Español Salamanca Berceo, Salamanca, Spain
* Spanish cultural and linguistic immersion courses,
Guerin College Preparatory High School, River Grove, IL
Spanish Teacher present
Teach Spanish IV regular, Honors and AP Advanced Placement courses using creative methods of instruction in order to reach students with varying abilities & learning styles.
Wrote and deliver College Boardapproved Spanish AP curriculum.
Serve on the Technology Team, collaborate on the writing of the school&;s technology plan, present methods to incorporate technology across the curriculum and provide technical support to colleagues.
Regularly integrate technology into curriculum via online activities such as Spanish games, blogs, quizzes, videos, etc., and softwarebased assignments using PowerPoint, One Note, Word, etc.
Plan and chaperone Spanish domestic cultural field trips and trips abroad
Resurrection College Preparatory High School, Chicago, IL
Taught Spanish levels I IV curriculum using diverse methods of instruction in order to reach students of varying abilities.
Named most creative teacher in the Foreign Language Department.
Served as comoderator of Spanish Club for years, a mentor to new faculty, and a member of the Discipline Board.
Planned and supervised Spanish cultural excursions and was a volunteer chaperone for Kairos Retreat and French field trips.
Completed a summer grant project creating online games and activities to supplement Spanish curriculum.
* Continued on reverse side
* Sonja T. pg.
* Triton College, River Grove, IL ESL & GED Math for Spanish Speakers Instructor
Planned and taught dynamic ESL and basic math GED in Spanish classes to diverse student populations.
Assessed ESL students in speaking and writing abilities, and in reading and listening comprehension, and measured GED students&; math aptitude.
Assisted ESL department in the registration of new students.
Triton College, River Grove, IL
Coordinator of Adult Literacy and Spanish Literacy Programs
Recruited, interviewed, & matched prospective students and volunteers.
Built coalitions with churches, libraries, schools and other literacy agencies in the community.
Maintained student and volunteer databases.
Planned and facilitated tutor training sessions in English and Spanish.
Assisted Adult Basic Education Director with grant proposals.
* Spanish Instructor After School Program
ACT Charter School, Chicago, IL
Designed and implemented foreign language curriculum for adult and middle school students.
* Planned and chaperoned cultural field trips.
* Proficient in MS Word & , PowerPoint, WYNN, MS Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, GradeQuick, Edline, School Connect, and numerous Email formats.
* Have created numerous class webpages, Quia games, Wordle word clouds, Prezi presentations, online polls, and Edocs to supplement curriculum.
* Prepare and deliver professional development to faculty on technology integration into curriculum.
Skills Bilingual English/Spanish
Scholarships Summa Cum Laude graduate , Merit Tuition Waiver Scholarship , Communication, Media, & Theatre Academic Achievement Award & , Speech and Performing Arts Talent Scholarship , NEIU&;s Dean&;s List , Certificate of Excellence in Tutoring , High Honor Graduate , Truman College&;s Dean&;s List , Phi Theta Kappa member