[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Education & Development
Communications & Media
Education Material Production
Monitor & Evaluation
Countries Lived & Worked: Tunisia, Morocco, Thailand, Lao PDR, N. & S. Vietnam, Cambodia.
Asian University, Banglamung, Chonburi, Thailand
Dean of Faculty, Liberal Arts, June .
• Manages and administers the Faculty of Liberal Arts comprising:
The departments of Communication Skills, Education, Humanities & Social Sciences,
Mathematics, and Multimedia;
the graduate M.Ed. and Multimedia programs;
two undergraduate programs in Communication Arts and Multimedia;
the oncampus college high school;
special programs such as the English Immersion Programme EIP & the Thai Intensive
Programme TIP and the two English Summer Camps.
• Maintains the Faculty's Quality Assurance QA Policy, ensuring that courses meet national and
• Initiated Professional Development program and Faculty Time Equivalency policy;
• Implemented [via university committees/councils to the Ministry of Education] four new graduate
• Chairs Faculty and Program committees and liaised with the Associate Dean, Program Leaders
and Department Heads for effective decision making on issues related to curriculum
development, technology needs, media promotion, and student and staff recruitment;
• Overall responsibility for course content, teaching methodology, time tabling, examination
administration and pastoral care of students/staff; and ensuring the availability of all resources;
• Lectures in Multimedia Departmernt & Communication Arts program;
• Develops new programs, budgets, and proposals;
• Successfully increased student matriculation through outreach, recruitment, and online and
Mekong Institute, Khon Kaen University, Thailand
ManagerCoordinator, Program and Communication Coordination, .
• Assisted with program information restructuring/coordination and annual workplan;
• Designed pre and post training and instruction evaluation guidelines;
• Mentored staff in theory and application of learning evaluation, program monitoring & evaluation,
research, communication technologies, photography, and writing skills.
• Drafted annual report and outlined the annual design of quarterly newsletter.
Center on Community Living & Careers Indiana Institute on Disability & Community, Indiana
Research Analyst, .
• Analyzed state and agency data, and designed representative graphs, charts & interpretations;
Michael Ernest J., PhD
Asian University, Moo , Hwy
Huay Yai, Banglamung, Chonburi,
Michael E. J.
• Determined research strategies and questions, did grant searches, and wrote quarterly reports;
• Designed online assessment tools for teachers, students and course summary and evaluation;
• Analyzed Direct Service Provider agency staff recruitment retention plans/made recommendations;
• Prepared presentations on employment services for disabled adults.
Center for Evaluation & Education Policy, Indiana University
Project Evaluator – Alternative Education Program SYF Education Resource Centers – .
• Assessed and evaluated the Simon Youth Foundation project of alternative education for kidsatrisk.
• Made site visits across states with extensive interviews of superintendents, principals, teachers,
students, and parents;
• Analyzed qualitative data;
• Wrote narratives and reports with recommendations.
Cultural Immersion Projects, School of Education, Indiana University
Associate Instructor Project Coordinator, –.
• Recruited and was responsible for up to undergraduate student teachers in three program phases
Classroom, incountry studentteaching, and overseas studentteaching.
• Conducted classroom sessions on countryspecific cultural, political, historical, and educational values
in ten nations.
• Conceived and adapted a tool for student’s selfevaluation and conducted personal interviews three
times annually in effort to mentor them in their personal and professional growth.
• Incorporated pedagogical and cultural ideas through the design of a year long simulation activity.
• Supervised and mentored student teachers in classroom situations at local public schools.
• Produced a multimedia film for international award ceremony.
Aquaculture & Aquatic Resources Management AARM, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
Senior Program Specialist: Manager, Information & Promotion Unit, .
• Developed strategies and led team tasks to address Southeast Asian institution building needs of
eleven partner colleges’ Information Management capacities and Human Resource requirements.
• Hired and supervised a staff of six in regional training and media production activities.
• Conducted/facilitated training: webpage development; audiovisual production; educational materials
design; library and information management; and instructional technology integration.
• Managing Editor responsible for delivery of publications: anthology book series, international
newsletter; website with educational materials; technical publications; and modules and manuals.
• Authored press releases; promotional materials; program logos/motto; brochures; best practices and
policies; program reports; organizational statements; journal articles; and proposals.
• Informed donors and international community of the program’s work and expand network of partners.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees UNHCR, Thailand
Associate Program Officer – Education & Social Services, .
• Monitored, assessed, and evaluated all educational, vocational, and social service programs in nine
refugee camps in Thailand sheltering the Lowland Lao, Hmong, Vietnamese, and Khmer.
• Liaised with major international refugee donors in training/social service program design.
• Assessed the nonIndochinese Burmese, Sinhalese, Tamil, Afghan refugee’s needs, formed a
refugee education committee, established a refugee school with multilingual curriculum and teacher
training program to serve + refugees in Bangkok.
• Formed networks of assistance with institutions/agencies and created a variety of educational and
vocational programs benefiting women, men, boys, and girls of at least ten different nationalities.
• Initiated primary education and skill training programs, tertiary opportunities, and coordinated
scholarship programs that sent refugees to local and international schools.
• Supervised four social counselors at the nonIndochinese center and supported social and medical
welfare programs, including special services for HIV/AIDS cases and abused children;
Michael E. J.
• Planned, proposed, and negotiated security measures at center, which was often a hotbed of violence,
disputes, psychological eruptions, and frequent police raids.
• Cowrote and produced teacher training video and manual in three languages.
• Prepared monthly reports with statistics, $, annual budgets, and program proposals.
OTHER RELATED POSITIONS
• Indiana University IU Instructional Systems Technology Department, Associate Instructor: R,
R Instructional Design courses, year.
• Institute of International Education & IU, Education Consultant – SE Asia Region. .
• Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University, Thailand, Instructional Material Developer, yrs.
• Institute of International Education IIE, IELTS and TOEFL Proctor, years.
• Head Start PreSchool Program, Materials & Curriculum Developer, Eugene, Oregon, years.
• OhioReads Literacy Program via Indiana University, Monitor & Evaluator, , year.
• Peace CorpsTunisia, AudioVisual Agricu