[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
a Barton Court
Date of Birth: //
Full UK Driving License
At the age of five I began riding horses and ever since horses have remained a constant and much treasured part of my life. My passion for all things equine has developed into a career path that reflects this intensity.
During school years I developed a distinct aptitude and competence within scientific subjects which I carried on through to A levels. I subsequently decided to combine science and horses within furthering my education. Throughout the course of my degree this aptitude remained ongoing and was demonstrated within subjects such as nutrition, microbiology and veterinary diagnostics. I went on to complete a nutrition based dissertation analysing electrolytes and using new technological advances in biochemical analysis, developing my academic capabilities with regards to equine science.
This course of work has led to the furthering of my education to masters level at The Royal Agricultural College; in which I benefited from tuition provided by several of the country&;s leading researchers in the area of equine nutrition and behaviour. I am currently conducting nutrition based research which will be put forward for publishing in April .
Throughout education I have continued to have a practical role with horses whether it is through voluntary or paid employment; this has developed not only equine related abilities, but also the ability to work and communicate capably with a range of people within varying environments.
St Thomas More Catholic School
GCSEs including A grades in Biology, Chemistry and Physics
A Level BiologyC, Chemistry D and Physics Grades E
University of Northampton, Moulton College
BSc Hons Equine Management Second Upper Class
Nutrition based dissertation, all nutrition assessments graded A C+
Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester
Oct to present
MSc Applied Equine Science
Currently achieving distinctions and merits in all assessments undertaken
* years voluntary experience at a riding school including care and management of horses, working with clients of varying ages and abilities within lessons
* weeks work experience at Prince Bishops Veterinary Hospital shadowing veterinary surgeons during consultations, biochemical diagnostic procedures, surgery and rehabilitation therapy
* weeks voluntary employment as yard manager at Moulton College Equestrian Centre including management of college, RDA horses, livery yard, event secretary duties and supervision of equine and animal welfare students on the yard
* month voluntary employment as yard manager at Priestfield Stables including responsibility for all competition horses, daily dressage tuition, tuition in re schooling and breaking
* During both my third and second year of degree I organised profitable events at Moulton College, including an intercollege dressage and show jumping competition and a lecture demo with horse physiotherapist Gillian Higgins, which offered the novel and educational experience of painting the equine musculoskeletal anatomy onto an actual horse
I have previously worked at Next Retail from June to December . I progressed from a sales consultant position to administration after months. I developed invaluable communication skills encompassing customer service and team skills. From my administration position I have experience in answering telephone calls professionally, payroll, cashing up, auditing and completing numerous reports. I was involved in the training of new staff members both on the shop floor and in administrational roles.
From December August during my degree I worked as a part time riding instructor and yard manager at East Lodge Riding Centre, a large and successful business. This provided me with invaluable experience in working with and providing tuition to riders of all ages and abilities, including tuition of three disabled regular clients, which I found incredibly rewarding and enjoyable. Through this employment I found a profound capability within myself to work with a wide range of individuals and the ability to uptake a leadership role with ease.
I have obtained practical laboratory skills in several areas including haematology, faecal analysis, parasitology, microbiology and proximate analysis. In addition to this, my practical skills include an ability to work with horses among all disciplines and I am an accomplished rider. I have capable IT skills and I am able to work without difficulty with most present day software packages.
In addition to practical skills; following previous employment, university and work experience I have developed a confident approach to communication and team skills. I am able to work efficiently both as a team and independently; and I am also able to uptake a leadership approach in most situations with ease. In conjunction with developed communication abilities, previous positions have required effective management capabilities and organisational skills which I have found to motivate me further within the work place and supplemented my already strong work ethic.
Head of Equine
Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester
Vice principle Moulton College, Northamptonshire
Administration Manager, Next Retail PLC, Gateshead