[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
PETER H. C.
Estancia Drive, San Jose, CA
Dear Sir or Madam:
This letter is written not only to present the attached resume for your consideration regarding
appropriate positions you may have or make available, but I’d like to express why my R&D
background in consumer electronic industry should give you a deep impression and meet your
Since awarded the degree of Master, about years of hard working experience as embedded
system software development for innovative products like OCAP STB has given me extensive
domain knowledge and professional computer related skills.
My special experience in the Panasonic AVC American lab had offered me the opportunity to
become familiar with headend operation and Open Cable product development.
I’m focused, aggressive, and very responsible for my jobs. Besides, I’d like to challenge myself
and continue to improve strong problem solving skills by attending technical conferences or
training courses. I was also given excellent evaluations by my managers, colleagues, and
customers. Therefore, I was honored to be chosen to receive ASUS exemplary employee
awards in .
Taking initiative has always been my career focus. I certainly understand responsibility, hold an
intense workethic, and strive to do my best in any situation. I’d like to meet and discuss the ways
in which I can contribute my knowledge and experience to your technical department.
Please see my resume for more detail information on my experience.
Peter H. C.
PETER H. C.
Estancia Drive, San Jose, CA
C/C++, Java, Perl, Python, X/ARM/MIPS assembly, Shell Script
Windows, Linux, Embedded Linux
ARM, MIPS, Atmel ATS, Broadcom SOC xx, , , Intel CE
Socket, Multithreading, IPC semaphore, shared memory, named pipe, Linux device
driver framebuffer, MTD subsystem, nandflash, USB, IC, GPIO, DirectFB/SDL
graphics architectureSawMan, Double framebuffer graphic system, GTK+ over DirectFB,
DBus, Gstreamer, DLNALibUPNP, DJmount, GuPNP,GuPNPAV,SOAP,SSDP.
STB technique: OCAP, OCAPDVR, Multistream CableCard CCIF, DSG, MPEG standard, PSIP ISO ,
ATSC, SCTE , DVBSI, Closed Captioning EIA/, EAS SCTE , HPNX
PRO, Motorola DAC , TVWorks DMS server.
Others: Zigbee Voice over RFCE, USB protocol, Android porting.
• Longterm training course in embedded system software design, Semiconductor Institute,
• M.S. in Biomedical informatics, National Yang Ming University, Taiwan, April
• B.S. in Biomedical engineering, ChungYuan University, Taiwan, June
• LPIC Linux Professional Institute Certification level one –
LPI, October ?
• NCLA Novell Certified Linux Administrator May .
• NDCTS Novell Data Center Technical Specialist May .
• TAIWAN IC DESIGN SOCIETY Embedded System Software Design
HONORS AND AWARDS
• ASUS broadband exemplary employee award.
• HTS PSI Parser It differentiates with many commercial PSI software tools. It supports many kinds of
detailed information like ISO , SCTE , SCTE , ATSC, DVB SI, and DSMCC/ObjectCarousel
Hon Hai Precision Ind. Co. Ltd FOXCONN, Taiwan May – Present
Role: Senior Engineer
• Responsible for developing the mechanism which uses IR remote RC to power up STB and wake up from
standby mode without MCU involved.
• This innovative solution can be adopted to omit MCU and save more cost for traditional STB design.
• Focus on Foxconn connected TV design Select MTK SOC + Fujitsu color engine.
• Research and implement Voice over RFCE based remote controller for Foxconn connected TV.
• Strong knowledge/skill of IEEE.. and Zigbee NWK/APS are applied in voice over RFCE design.
• Research and integrate Acoustic Echo Canceller in TV side to eliminate echo from nearend.
• WebM media player is under development.
PEGATRON CORP, Taiwan January – April
• The main task is to develop embedded system software drivers and middleware integration for Truway,
digital satellite, and IP STB.
• Developing diagnostic tools TestTask to ensure product on a very qualified SQA flow.
• Debugging with measurement equipments, oscillioscope datasheet, schematics to check Linux driver and
• Independently implement DLNA . software modules on BRCM based IP STB.
• Porting GTK+ over DirectFB as primary graphic backend on embedded Linux kernel to develop some
applications for BRCM MIPSbased platform.
• Independently develop PSI Program Service Information analysis tools using linux C?Support MPEG
• Bring product to pass HDMI/HDCP . certification.
Project: Cisco eurodocsis CATV system based STB
• Focus on system well booting bootloader, linux system configuration.
• Software driver development for SmartCard, DVBC video tuner, docsis tuner, and the other peripherals.
• Porting Cisco diagnostic tools on BRCM X.
• Refining system drivers to complete DVT report according to Cisco’s product specification.
• Operating SFU instrument to finish requirement of RF DVT report.
• OpenTV middleware integration.
• Nagravision security library integration.
Project: Thomson digital satellite STB
• Software driver development for DVBCI, DVBS tuner, MPEG SD video decoder, LNB switch /v,
and DiseqC .x transceiver control including k tone generation.
• Implements entire Spansion NOR flash drivers based on AMD CFI architecture.
Project: Sony Bluray Truway STB
• Intelbased CE software driver development including CEFDK, Redboot, Canmore linux
• Porting Multistream CableCard stack on Intel MCard driver.
• Writing diagnostic tools to verify all peripherals built on SONY board.
• Vividlogic OCAP middleware integration.
• Integrating Yahoo widget for demonstration.
• Developing gigabit ethernet driver on Redboot.
• Playing a coordinator role to communicate with SONY and other teams to proceed on a smooth flow.
• OCHOST.PICS ATP documents preparation for Open Cable Certification Wave Some are supported by
Panasonic AVC American Laboratory Co, New Jersey, U.S.A
August – June
Role: On Site Support Engineer
• Technical support for COMCAST RNG STB development.
• Developing some testing Xlet appended to TVWorks server.
• Integrating Guideworks CMAC/GOA OCAP monitor application.
• Integrating Panasonic OCAP middleware.
• Operating Motorola DAC for defining and changing Channel Map and MCard setting.
• Operating TVWorks DMS server for editing XAIT.
• All functional testing between MCard and RNG DSG, host control, extended channel, CA/CP, MMI,
homing, feature control in advanced DSG environment. Some portions were verified by HPNXPRO
• RNG on site testing and issue solving based on COMCAST headend in COMCAST Pennsylvania state
• CW certification in Cablelabs Denver.
ASUS Computer Inc., Taiwan February – December
Role: Software Engineer