Technical Team Leader at Best Buy Canada
• Diagnosed and repaired consumer and industrial laptops and PCs, alongside a team of
• Created daily reports on inflow and aging product, escalating spare part delays, locating
alternative solutions for aging customer units.
• Monitored inflow volume, aging reports and productivity for a team of up to technicians
and a flow of up to customer units per day.
• Analyzed performance and quality data and worked with the leadership team towards
improving the turnaround time and maximizing the performance of the Service Depot.
• Interviewing and testing candidates for technician positions.
• Trained the entire technical team digital camera, TV, AV and computer teams in
following the newly implemented processes and software; followed up with additional
training sessions to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of vendormanagement part
inventory and other updated processes.
• Monitored the daily Apple reports, reducing the number of units in more than days since
all parts shipped; set a goal of zero units over days and achieved it; on several
occasions surpassed it, having received reports with all units in day since parts shipped.
• Coordinated the documenting of all standard operating procedures across several
departments logistics, service, administration and organized their storing and
• Contributed to a significant impact on the manufacturers’ response time to RMA requests,
driving it down to sameday confirmations for most LG, Toshiba, Panasonic and Sharp
• Contributed towards improving the turnaround time by promoting component level repairs
on LCD and plasma televisions, computer monitors and receivers.
• Created component kits to be used by the technicians in replacing commonly failing parts,
which fast forwarded outofwarranty repairs.
Electronics Technician at Best Buy Canada
• Diagnosed and repaired LCD/plasma televisions and computer monitors, home theatre
receivers, DVD players and recorders, digital cameras and camcorders.
• Trained newly hired technicians in repairs, troubleshooting and in using servicespecific
software SMARTS, RMS RETEK, EGrace, etc.
• Wrote technical service bulletins documenting common faults and repairing tips.
• Worked as a billing advisor, supporting and training team members in learning and
applying the new billing standard operating procedures.
• Designed and built a programmer used in rewriting correct data into memory chips in
TVs and monitors, reducing the turnaround time on a considerable number of units, from
an average of days down to same day repair.
• As a member of the social committee, participated in organizing social events.