• Responsible for providing technical/ project support to CSC client Exelon/ COMED.
• Designed, configured, supported and implemented Windows Server , Active Directory and SQL
• Technical projects included physical to virtual conversions upgrades of existing Windows to Windows
Server , in a large , server farm.
• Created and administered Domain Group Policies over a variety of sites and subnets globally and
domestically. Advanced administration experience of domain security policies on multiple hierarchies
within domain forests, trusted domain policies, and domain sites and services.
• Responsible for monitoring internal compliance against information security policies and standards by
conducting data privacy due diligence assessments and risk assessments.
• Design, install, configure VMware ESX ., ESXi, and vSphere environments with VirtualCenter
management, DRS, HA. Upgraded VMware Virtual Center server to version .
• Build and deploy VMs and templates. Completed PhysicaltoVirtual PV, VirtualtoVirtual VV and
VirtualtoPhysical VP migration of / Servers.
o Analyzed and troubleshoot on an advanced level, performance of SAN backed VMware ESX
infrastructure to determine proper allocation of resources to a multidepartment user population
with widely varying needs.
o Developed, tested, and maintained a disaster recovery plan for critical VMs and application
o Wrote the strategy documents, designed and administrated the environment.
o Documented the client’s existing infrastructure, technological assets and capabilities
o Performed a VMware Capacity Planner assessment on the inscope environment
o Evaluated multiple target hardware platforms to identify bestfit scenario for customer’s
desired consolidation ratios and data center need
o Recommended virtualization candidates & strategy; Delivered bill of materials
software/hardware, and risk assessment
• Clustering Solutions – Server /, SQL and VMware . Clustering. node clusters for File
Systems, Database, and Application clusters.
Sher Technology, Oakbrook Terrace, IL /–/
Senior Technical Consultant
• Designed, configured, supported and implemented Windows Server /, Active Directory, Open
SUSE . Linux, Exchange /, IIS ., SQL /, Citrix Metaframe./ . in small to
enterprise level multiple domain businesses environments.
• Saved on licensing costs by implementing open source software packages successfully across all platforms.
This included, migrating from Exchange to Zimbra and Scalix email systems.
• Improved Windows / server performance and availability, implementing new server monitoring,
tuning technologies and complex troubleshooting and problem resolution of major server issues.
• Technical projects included migrations and upgrades of existing Windows / and Exchange
environments, rollout of corporate Windows , AD, DNS, FTP, SQL servers, T Circuits and FRAME
• Implemented, monitored, and operated remote access platforms including dialup access, remote access
Sonic Wall and Cisco VPN, and BB Sonic Wall and Cisco VPN. Installed/configured Sonic Wall firewall
using best practice documentation.
• Improved company’s backup strategy by replacing Iron Mountain with an increased integrity and security
solution. Eliminated a maintenance fee of $ per month from Iron Mountain by designing a better and
cost effective DR policy, resulting in increased off site tape availability and security.
• Managed technical project activities, ensuring all project phases are documented appropriately and
established strong collaborative relationships with internal and external strategic partners.