• Supervise that vessels involved in Installation process Derrick Barge Azerbaijan and STB
are available to support the Project’s objectives and ensure milestone dates are met.
• Implement HSE and QA methods of International Oil Company IOC to the vessel
Refurbishment and Upgrades program.
• Manage IOC and Installation Contractor’s site teams’ supervision to ensure HSE
targets are met and safe working environment and practices are provided for all
the Refurbishment and Upgrade works.
• Deputize for the Upgrade Superintendent when required.
• Provide support to offshore operations during critical installation activities,
commissioning periods, mobilization etc.
• Maintain awareness and promote project goals in respect of HSE, Schedule, and Technical
• Participate in prework toolbox talks to ensure the workforces are prepared for the task.
• Ensure Check Lists are fully reviewed and approved prior to commencement of offshore
• Ensure the Management of Change process is fully implemented
• Supervise offshore activities and ensure the work is undertaken in accordance with
approved Installation procedures
• Issue the reports to T&I Installation Manager informed on the key issues and unresolved
• Ensure that lessons learned are appropriately considered during the offshore work
• Provide translation advice on key technical documents
• Liaise with State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic and local authorities if required
during the offshore phase
Period: October January
Place of Work:
British petroleum UK – Saipem Italy – International
Operating Company consortium of the
Derrick Barge Azerbaijan with the t crane and
STB Heavy Jackets and topsides
BP AIOC Saipem in an “Azeri Chirag Guneshli Project”
Vessels Upgrade and Refurbishment project engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise the development of a repair strategy for vessels.