[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Name of Firm: National Engineering Services Pakistan Pvt Limited.
Name of Staff: KAMRAN Y.
Profession: Environmental Engineer
Date of Birth: Feb.
Years with Firm: Years
Membership in Member Pakistan Engineering Council CIVIL
Professional Societies: Member Institution of Engineers Pakistan
Certified Trainer of World Bank for Resettlement and Rehabilitation Sector.
Practicing as Professional Engineer since .
* Specialized in Project Management, Proposal Preparation and evaluation, planning, design, appraisal and Environmental Assessment of various Development Sectors. Have extensive experience in writing technical, progress and monitoring reports.
* Conducted Environmental and Resettlement assessments, monitoring, preparation of Environmental Management and Monitoring Plans, Environmental Monitoring of multisectoral projects such as Oil and Gas, Gas pipeline, Thermal Power plants, Water and Sanitation, Integrated Water and Land Management, Dams, Industrial Estates etc.
* Complete in depth knowledge of World Bank, ADB, IFC, GCC Gulf States and other international laws related to Environment and Social Assessment and Safeguards.
* Involved in the capacity of Team Leader in many environment related projects at national and international level. Main responsibilities included to supervise a diversified team of experts and to solve the problems using correct methodological approaches.
* Punjab Municipal Development Fund Company PMDFCWorld Bank. Supervised as Manager Technical M&E inputs of Individual Consultants and Consulting Companies. Leadership skills in environment assessment processes of development projects and reforms. Carried out appraisal of development projects including analysis of allocation of funds and grants from the World Bank to the Urban Local Bodies in the province of Punjab, Pakistan. Procurement of Individual consultant and companies as per World Bank procurement guidelines. Prepared Terms of References and reviewed inputs of Consultants in Environment and Water and Sanitation projects. Organized workshops and seminars for stakeholders such as Urban Local Bodies, local communities and NGOs.
* Have capacity to communicate, negotiate and delivers. Experience in Video and Audio conferencing. Excellent in report writing, team building, conducted various workshops, seminars, well in interpersonal skills.
Name of Institution Year Degree
UNESCOInternational Institute of Master of Engineering in Sanitary
Infrastructure and Hydraulic Engineering Engineering
IHE, Delft, The Netherlands
University of Engineering & Technology Bachelor of Science in Civil
Lahore, Pakistan Engineering
Training/Workshop Year Organized By
* Sindh ConsultationsNatural Gas IPJVNESPAK and ILF Germany
* Stakeholder Consultations IPJVNESPAK and ILF Germany
Natural Gas Pipeline
* Minimum Environmental Human Resources Development Center,
FlowBabol RiverIran NESPAK
* Pakistan Environmental
Rules and Regulations Human Resources Development Center,
Global Positioning System Human Resource Development
Mechanism Center, NESPAK
Carbon Credits Potential in Human Resource Development
Sugar Industry of Pakistan Center, NESPAK
Advance Project Management Human Resource Development
TOR analysis and Proposal Human Resource Development
Evaluation Center, NESPAK
Advance MS Excel Human Resource Development
Membrane Bioreactor Human Resource Development
Technology for Waste Center, NESPAK
Team Building Human Resource Development
Attended short course on University of Management
Finance for nonFinancial Sciences LUMS, Lahore
Attended shortterm course on Institute of Public Health
Urban Solid Waste Management Engineering and Research,
University of Engineering &
Attended shortterm training course Canadian International
In Canada under Youth Initiative Development Agency CIDA
July to date Chief Environmental EngineerNESPAK
Presently working as Team Leader Environment in a consortium of NESPAK and ILFGermany on km IranPakistan Gas Pipeline. Responsible for preparation of Social and Environmental Impact Assessment SEIA, Resettlement Policy Framework, Authority Permit Plan, Public Consultation and Disclosure Plan, Preliminary SEIA report, Route optimization SEIA report etc. Various diversified responsibilities are under way such as Client correspondence, workshops, Stakeholders Consultations, liaison with Multi National Oil and Gas companies, preparation of Environmental Management Plan, Management System, Qualitative Risk Assessment, Baseline Studies, Risk of Compressor Stations, Block valve stations, pipeline route optimization for minimizing the damage to National Parks, Game reserve, Wildlife Sanctuaries. Responsible for audio and video conferences with ILFGermany Lead Consultant. Coordination with other technical team members who are working on design of pipeline, Compressor Stations, Pigging Stations, Block Valve Stations, SCADA system, Pipeline system design, HAZOP and HAZID studies etc. The draft report has been prepared in line with Safeguards of World Bank and ADB.
Working as Senior Environmentalist on km upcountry Transmission Line from Thar Coal to LahorePakistan. Preparing detailed Environmental and Social Assessment Report according to Asian Development Bank guidelines. Supervising the team collecting the Baseline Data, Social Impact Assessment, preparation of Initial Poverty Analysis Report, and Land Acquisition Framework and Environmental Management Plan.
Worked as International Consultant on Environmental and Social Impact Assessment ESIA Studies of Irrigation and Drainage Network/System Gambella Alwero Rice Project, Ethiopia funded by Saudi Star Agricultural Development PLC. Main responsibilities included overall supervision of Environment team, task allocation, Client correspondence, meetings, presentations, preparation of inception report and E&SIA report along with the detailed Environmental Management System and Water Quality Monitoring Plan according to the World Bank Safeguards and Ethiopian National Environmental Laws and utilized environment assessment overlays and matrix methods. Organized and supervised stakeholders&; workshop. Supervised baseline studies for the study area, provided mitigation measures for national parks and its safety.
* Presently working in the capacity of CoTeam Leader on Alborz Integrated Land and Water Management Project, Iran funded by World Bank. Main responsibilities include:
* Handled and conducted all the responsibilities of not only as Water Quality Specialist but also completed many tasks of CoTeam Leader Environment.
* Conducted Client routine correspondence, assisted Team leader/Project Manager in daily official matters, managed petty cash, accounts and overall administration of the NESPAK office in the absence of Team Leader, attended various meetings as and when required by the Client MRWC, MDOE, MJAO and PMSC.
* Participated deeply on behalf of NESPAK in various Joint Focus Group JFG meetings held in Sari and responded to the issues, matters etc. related with the NESPAK&;s tasks.
* Carried out strong coordination among the National Experts ATT and assigned various routine technical tasks to each expert and reviewed and evaluated individual reports.
* Coordinated with the CoTeam Leaders of ATT counterpart and discussed strategies as and when required for urgent issues and matters that needed to be addressed on priority basis.
* Assisted Team Leader in the preparation of Quarterly Progress Reports for SubTasks of Component and .
* Prepared Environmental Management and Monitoring Plans for Babol River, Wetlands.
* World Bank Safeguards training to the Mazzandran Water Supply Company, SariIran.
* Consultations with the affected people and monitoring of Resettlement Activities and compensation process.
* Prepared Baseline Studies for hectors agricultural area including ecological, social and physical sectors.
* Prepared comprehensive report on Biodiversity Monitoring Scheme for Upper Watershed of Alborz Dam under the limited time. The report was prepared in consultation with the Local Biodiversity Expert and his field investigations and strategies planned as a part of Upper Watershed Master Plan Component prepared by DFS GmBH foreign consultants. Preparation of this Report was a challenging task as this was the one of the prime duty of CoTeam Leader Environment.
* Rearranged and reorganized the Pest Management Plan Report subtask .component. Originally, the first draft report was prepared by the International Pest Management Specialist. Conducted detailed review of the report including the scientific methods of Biocontrol for pesticides, Farmer Field Schools, Integrated Pest Management, mitigations, trainings etc. and had number of discussions with the concerned specialist through Audio conferences and electronic mails as the specialist was not available in Iran. Finally, the report was prepared and submitted to the client.
* Prepared a Rapid Assessment Report RAP on Environmental Issues of Chapakroud Drain km in a very short period. The report was undertaken on special request of client MRWC as it was directed by the World Bank to the client. This task was not the part of IWREMS Consultants&; scope; however, NESPAK conducted this task in view of having good relations and future prospects of projects with the client.
* Prepared a detailed program of water quality monitoring in the Alborz Basin as a part of implementation activities for gathering the baseline information on rivers and wetlands. The program was successfully conducted in collaboration with Caspian Sea Environmental Research Institute, Iran.
* Prepared an Environmental Guidelines Manual for submission and selection of subprojects to be funded by Basin Water and Soil Committee in compliance with the World Bank Safeguard Policies for CDD projects in Middle East and North Africa Region. The manual gives a detailed process from identification to operation stages of the small scale projects to be completely owned and operated by the communities. The draft copy is submitted for the review and comments of the Client and PMSC Project Management Consultants.
Organized and supervised a one day Consultation Program with the members of Village Council of Kurdkola Abbandan. The main objective was to aware the council about the ecological value of abbandan and communities participation in this regard. The consultations went very well and communities showed their interest in maintaining the natural balance of the abbandan.
WORLD BANK MTR MISSION:
Handled two Mid Term Review Missions MTR of World BankAprilMay and December . Presented and briefed to the MTR Mission about the progress of IWREMS Consultants&; for the nearly last two years. Briefing included both the Components i.e. and and its subtasks such as Procurement, Water Balance, Basin Water Allocation, Simulation study, Dam Safety, Pest Management, Biodiversity, Water Quality, River and Abbandan Ecology, Resettlement etc. Another briefing gave to the Mission during the wrap up meeting held in PIUMJAO and handled the Q&A session during this meeting and replied to most of the questions by the Bank and other stakeholders including the major ones were left abutment slope stability, DO values, WUAs water allocation, pest management and sediment control in the reservoir.
July June Principal Environmental EngineerNESPAK, Lahore
* Worked as Water Quality Monitoring Specialist as an International Consultant on Alborz Integrated Land and Water Management Project, Iran funded by World Bank. Main responsibilities include preparation of water quality monitoring protocols, environmental monitoring, water quality assessment, solid waste management, and supervision of implementation program. Involved in Supervision of Environmental Monitoring during the implementation of Alborz Dam Basin of approximately ha area the works include monitoring of water quality, water resources, resettlement, forest cutting, roads development in upper watershed, pest management, aquatic monitoring, wetlands water quality monitoring.
* Worked as Team Leader on preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment of MW combined cycle Atlas Power Plant, Shiekhupura Lahore. Supervised onsite monitoring activities such as air, noise, water, tree cutting. Responsible for Baseline Studies, and data analysis. Preparation of Environmental Management Plan and Mitigation Plan, Solid Waste Management plan, and Mitigation management matrix. Assisted client in Public hearing process for NOC.
* Worked as Team Leader on preparation of Environment and Social Assessment of kV Dadu to Khuzdar Transmission Line as per World Bank Guidelines. Handled World Bank mission. Carried out meetings with the client, supervised environmental monitoring for complete section of line km, reviewed the World Bank safeguard policies, supervised air, noise and water monitoring at the project site, mobilized environment team at the site and prepared detailed report including Baseline Studies, Risk Assessment, Mitigation Plan, Stakeholders&; Consultation, Resettlement Policy Frameworks per operational directive . of World Bank.
* Worked as Country Team Leader on preparation of Environment and Social Assessment report on CASAREM Transmission Line Project based on Asian Development Bank guidelines. The line will start from Kyrghistan and will end up at Pakistan. The main responsibilities include coordination among three international EIA teams, coordination with the principal Consultant SNC Lavallian, Canada, meetings, presentation, review of data and final report preparation as per World Bank guidelines.
* Worked as Environmental Specialist on Lahore Sports City, Pakistan, project being financed by Bukhatir Group, Sharjah. The city will be implemented based on ideas of Dubai Sports City. Prepared Initial Environmental Report including the Solid Waste Management Plan, Baseline Studies, Stakeholders&; Consultation, Management Plan, Mitigation Matrix etc. Presented IEE report to a diversified international team in International Conference held in SharjahUAE. Responsible for client correspondence, handling all environment issues with Government of Punjab, Pakistan.
* Worked as Team Leader on preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment/Sectoral Environmental Assessment SEA of two industrial park estate in Afghanistan World Bank funded project. Client correspondence, interaction with the World Bank and other project stakeholders. Evaluated national and municipal urban planning regulations in water sector for Municipality of Kabul and Jalalabad. Analyzed the institutional setup of AISA, Afghanistan and recommended measures to strengthen the capability of AISA in managing the environment, waste management, air quality and water sectors issues. Identified further areas of research and studies for development of industrial parks. Review and evaluated the water demands and supply sources to parks. Prepared detailed water quality monitoring program, conceptual design of central wastewater treatment plant. Worked out capital and operating cost of the proposed mitigation measures. Proposed additional studies and focused actions to AISA and World Bank for improvement in water and sanitation areas for the proposed industrial parks.
* Worked as Environmentalist on Nai Gaj Dam Project. Responsible for preparation of EIA. Prepared inventory of impacts and proposed their mitigation measures along with preparation of detailed Environmental Management Plan.
Worked as Individual Consultant to World BankWSPSA for preparation of water and sanitation Manual for Tehsil Municipal Administrations. The main objectives are to review of manual sections i.e. water, waste management, sanitation and general including environment, identification of key issues, development of water quality monitoring and testing programs, environmental criteria of water and sanitation schemes, review consistency of manual with LGO rules. Review of existing institutional setup of TMAs in the water and sanitation sector. Conducted meetings with NRB officials, PHED and TMAs for finalization of manual. Participated as a resource person in the working group meeting for finalization of Manual. Assist the WSPSA team in integrating the key water and sanitation issues in the manual.
Sep June Senior Environment Engineer NESPAK, Lahore
Worked as Individual Consultant to ADB in the capacity of Water and Sanitation Specialist on ADB&;s Response to Earthquake Disaster Project, Pakistan. The main responsibilities included consultation with provincial government, district government and TMAs on damages of water, sanitation and solid waste management infrastructure schemes in AJK and NWFP. Carried out filed verifications in all main affected towns regarding water, sanitation and solid waste management sectors. Characterization of damage at various elevations, various distances to epicenter, water supply and sanitation schemes. Supported and assisted water supply and sanitation donor agencies cluster team in computation of costs and strategic advice for the sector.
* Worked as Individual Consultant in the capacity of Water and Sanitation Specialist for the Fact Find Mission of ADB to AJK. Prepared project formulation for environment, water supply, sanitation and solid waste component. Carried out detailed sector review, strategies, reforms, evaluated capacity of water and sanitation institution and tariff structure and reviewed AJK policy in the water and sanitation sector. Developed WSS criteria, identified subprojects worth US$ million in seven districts of AJK. Prepared financing plan along with implementation arrangements. Reviewed and revised the water quality standards. Held discussions with the NGOs, beneficiaries and project affected people in the identification of proposed projects. Prepared cost estimates and monitoring and evaluation strategies.
Worked as Team Leader on the preparation of EIAs of number of projects in Sultanate of Oman such as EIA of Wadi Dayqah Dam, Wadi Kalbo Dam, Wadi Ghulaji Dam and Wadi Darbat Dam in Sultanate of Oman according to GCC guidelines. Major responsibilities include: Water quality monitoring, noise monitoring, air monitoring, review of water conveyance system to Muscat and Quriyat, identification of impacts of water treatment plant, client coordination, stakeholders consultations, existing setup of ecology, quality analysis of sea water and groundwater including assessment of sea water intrusion, identification of project beneficiaries and proposal for mitigation measures for the project affected people. Prepared Environmental Management Plan, Monitoring Plan, Mitigation Matrix, Baseline Studies, Impact Assesment. Played an extensive role in registration of NESPAK with the Ministry in environment sector.
Worked as Environmentalist on Health, Safety, and Environment audit of Pakistan Oil Field Gas Processing Plants/Fields