[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
AHMED K., P.E. Professional Engineer, USA, LEED GA
Ellewa Abd Elaziz Ali St.App.
Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt
Education: B.SC, MECH. ENGINEERING, THE AMERICAN UNIV. IN CAIRO, EGYPT
Professional Affiliation: Member of American Board of Professional Engineers & Land Surveyors CA, USA. American Society of Mechanical Engineers ASME, USA. Member in the Engineers Syndicate of Egypt. Licensed Professional Engineer P.E. LEED Green Associate.
Highlights of Qualifications:
* Fully aware of American Building, Mechanical and Plumbing Codes and member of ASHREA and Egyptian Codes.
* years of Project Management and Construction Management, Design and Review of Drawings and Submittals.
* years of handson experience and field work ranging from Building Services to industrial Power Plants.
* Saved the owner $K in procurement services.
Project Manager, SHAKER CONSULTING GROUP SCG, Maadi, Egypt
* Prepared design work programs. Managed and reviewed design documents including design report, design drawings, technical specifications, BQ&;s and cost estimate. Overviewed and led the whole project in all technical and management progress meetings and project submittals.
* Develop, review & implement scope of work, terms of agreements and contracts. Manage, monitor and control all contractual commitments to ensure that work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings and contract terms. Develop or direct the preparation of projects&; progress reports.
* Project Management of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing in all design phases for a complete tender and construction documents. Leaded major decisions making process to ensure resources and information are avaible for the project team for a complete tender and construction document including coordination with all disciplines.
* Managed Major Cost related items for the most value engineered plans for the owner. Participated in the MEP technical bid evaluations for the main contractors on site and office. Reviewed our MEP responses to international consultant comments on all drawings phases.
* Participated in Governmental and Utilities MEP meetings obtaining approval for; Gas, Telephone, Water and Sewage. Reviewed and assured all LEED GOLD points are implemented by the project team. Prepared bid documents and participated in bid analysis including commercial and technical with the team.
Examples of such projects are:
* MALL OF EGYPT, . Billion EGP: Construction design of the Mall, South and North Car Parks, /kV HV Cable and Substation, Snow park and Leisure and Entertainment area, Future residential areas, MW Energy Center Plant Chillers, CT&;s, Chiller and Condensing Pumps Primary and Secondary circuits, /. kV Transformers, MDB, Electrical Substation /kV Tenant and Landlord, FF, Drainage, Water network including all related pumps and auxiliaries.
* ESPLANADE, Million EGP: Detailed design of about plots; each plot has luxurious residential buildings of floors. Energy plant serving each plot Chillers, CT&;s, Chiller and Condensing Pumps Primary and Secondary circuits, /kV Transformers, MDB, FF, Drainage, Water network including all related pumps and auxiliaries.
Sr. Project Engineer, DAVIDOVICH&ASSOC., Culver City, CA, USA
* Project Management of design and installation phases. Management of all contractual matters related to the project across all concerned parties.
* Reviewed, approve and present all plans, schedules and reports related to the project to the client. Review the work procedures relating to licenses and any required government approval.
* Designing of commercial, mixed use, residential, hotels and resorts Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning systems adhering to Building, Mechanical and Plumbing Codes, load calculations, equipment sizing, response to contractors&; RFI&;s & submittals, field investigations. Assisted in the design of Plumbing system for residential buildings including waste, vent, water, gas risers plans.
Examples of such projects are:
* FAIRVIEW DEVELOPMENT CENTER, CM $ Million HVAC Portion: Replacement of dual duct x Ton Air Handling Units AHU&;s with its related air ducts, load calculations including field visits to make sure of space availability of new AHU&;s. Replacement of duct smoke detector, return fans and any other related equipment.
* COURTYARD by MARRIOT, High Rise LA $ Million HVAC Portion: HVAC design of story commercial hotel , Sq.Ft. Four pipe air handling units governed by Central Plant, Split system units, Split Heat Pumps, and Hydronic Heating System. Overview of Smoke Evacuation System and preparing Piping Riser Diagram.
Mechanical Engineer, KLG/HOLLAND, Los Angeles, CA, USA
* Designed of Mechanical, Control and Plumbing system phases. Management of all contractual matters related to the project across all concerned parties.
* Prepared and reviewed and present all plans, schedules and reports related to the project to the client. Review the work procedures relating to licenses and any required government approval.
* Responsible for designing of commercial, mixed use, residential, hotels and resorts Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning HVAC systems, preparation of specifications, load calculations, equipment sizing & selection, response to contractors&; RFI&;s & submittals, field investigations, review of shop drawings and site inspection, some design and inspection work related to renovation of Mechanical, HVAC in existing buildings.
Examples of such projects are as follows:
* Santee Court, LA $ Million HVAC Portion: Renovation of Commercial/Residential High Rise and Low Rise buildings Units. The upgrade includes demolition plans, HVAC plans and sections duct & piping, plumbing gas, waste & vent and domestic hot and cold water riser plans, schedules, details and specifications.
* CRA, North Hollywood: HVAC modifications including rooftop A/C Units with grills, diffusers and Plumbing plans, specifications, Title .
* Long Beach Unified School District, Marshall & Muir High Schools: Replacement of Steam/Water Boiler Heating System including demolition plans, all related piping, control valves, vacuum pumps, convectors, radiator valves, DSA form preparation, schedules, details and spec&;s.
* CBB Bank, Pasadena $ Million HVAC Portion: HVAC design of story commercial bank , Sq.Ft. Rooftop units, Split system units, Split Heat Pumps, VAV system, Hydronic Heating System. Preparing Specifications and Equipment selection.
+ Vista Del Arroyo Bungalows, Pasadena: HVAC design of Split Heat Pump systems for different unit types complete with exhaust and all auxiliary equipment. Preparing specifications.
Procurement Engineer, SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC, Cairo, Egypt
Technical/Project Engineer, Service & Maintenance Dep., ANSALDO Int&;l, Egypt
* Operated on the flushing of different systems in MW Power Plant such as Turbine Lube Oil Tank System, Electro Hydraulic system E.H.C, Auxiliary Header Flushing, Thermal Cleaning Cycle of LP Condensate Cycle, HP Feedwater Cycle, Steam Generator, Generator Hydrogen Cooling system, Stator Water Cooling System and Hydraulic testing of the Condenser
* Coordinated different projects with other PM&;s and prepared technical manuals and related documents Prepared offers and rehabilitation programs to clients illustrating the technical side including major and minor overhaul services and spare parts lists. Explained the offers content and negotiated prices. Prepared time studies and BOM.
* Tracked, analyses and solved various problems that occurred during the startup operations of different systems in the control room and assisted in the first fire out of the boiler
* Procurement Officer, Engineering & Procurement Department, ANSALDO Int&;l, Egypt
* Trained in Milan, Geneva & Gio de Cole, Italy for a period of two months:
* Handled the Regional Purchasing Development Program RPD in the Middle East, which including purchasing f different parts for power plants and created a key vendor list in the region
* Contributed in composing offers emphasizing the technical & commercial aspects and setup ways of communication between the HQ and the local office in Cairo
* Negotiated with local companies for bid participation and quotation list.
Career Related Training and courses
LEED Green Associate USGBC, Jan.
Licensed Engineer in State of CA, US HIGHEST DEGREE IN US, Oct. .
EIT Approved by State of CA, USA.
Air Conditioning, TRANE CA, USA, June
AutoCAD Los Angeles, CA. USA, Nov.
SMITH Fiberglass Tank Los Angeles, CA, USA, June
Communication Course Los Angeles, CA, USA, May
Contract Management Cairo, Egypt, May
Bit Seminar, selling solutions, selling profit Improvement, Total Quality Management and
Diamond schoolDubai, UAE, Nov. , AprilMay
Rig Field Training Chorpus Christi South Texas , USA, March
Drilling Application schoolHouston, USA, Feb.
ISO application, projects in most Mechanical courses
Solar energy: Flat Plat Collector and System NRC, Egypt, Spring
Production Management Diploma The American University in Cairo, fall
Financial Analysis Diploma The American University in Cairo, fall .
Computer Skills: Windows Applications: Word, Excel, Power Point and Visual Basic VB., Act ., Energy Pro, AutoCAD , Workstation Design Packages such as IDEAS, NISA & staad, AS/
Languages Skills: Fluent in Spoken and Written English and Arabic. Some knowledge of Italian.
Reference Furnished Upon Request