• Expanding consumer and retail touch points via new or nontraditional distribution opportunities,
e.g. digital download, mobile content devices, kiosks, and direct to consumer initiatives;
• Supporting digital transition of physical goods retail customers; supervising performance of
worldwide digital accounts, e.g. Apple’s iTunes, Playstation Network’s Video Store, and Xbox
Live in the German language territories;
• Negotiating and implementing crossselling activities with Sony Corporation and other hardware
companies, including versatile bundling and retail promotions;
Founder and Chief Executive; Gryphon Entertainment, New York/London | since /
Drawing on its deep understanding of the creative industries, Gryphon Entertainment serves both
the public and private sector. The Company specializes in media business and operating strategy
formulation and implementation, process improvement and design, organizational change,
content/IP assets management, strategic business planning, content sourcing and acquisition,
viability studies, business modeling whatif scenarios, and innovative marketing strategies.
• Providing counsel to improve strategy and performance within film/television production and
distribution, digital media and internet, advertising and promotion, merchandising, and finance;
• Advising production companies, content providers, distributors, publishers, funds, and banks on
new economy strategies and complex M&A transactions up to € million.
Strategy Consultant for Content and Multimedia; Ericsson, Dublin | //
Ericsson Consulting is a subdivision of the global services delivery center of Ericsson, the world
leading supplier of telecommunication solutions.
• Assisted mobile and broadband network operators as well as content developers and providers
with advice and execution in developing new media business models around mobile advertising,
mobileTV, Video on Demand VoD, and IPTV;
• Engaged in tactical marketing strategies for consumer multimedia solutions, covering areas such
as converged TV, music, gaming, and creative communications;
• Analyzed intermittent changes in the value chain resulting from disruptive technology and digital
natives’ roles in the emerging multimedia ecosystem;
• Provided thought leadership by developing successful, market changing propositions based on
segmentation, analysis, and insight.
Finance Manager; Qwerty Films formerly Kuhn & Co., London | //
Film finance and production outfit established by Michael Kuhn, former CEO of PolyGram Filmed
Entertainment PFE to develop and produce low to medium budget feature films.
• Responsible for the daytoday management of the company’s accounts, including management
accounts, consolidation, payroll and production accounting, sales & distribution activities;
• Tracked investment in film development, coordinated and supplied financial information to private
equity investors, public media funds, government bodies, and sale & leaseback organizations;
• Conducted financial modeling and benefit realization analysis for feature films with budgets from
$ million; oversaw production of movies such as Kinsey, I Heart Huckabees, and The Order.
Business Development Manager; MAX, London | //
Joint venture comprising leading postproduction houses such as Das Werk Germany, Mikros
Image France, En Efecto Spain, Glassworks UK, and Centropolis FX USA.
• Consulted on operational improvement, business process management and organizational
change, multichannel distribution strategies and their operational and business impact;
performed IT infrastructure and service delivery assessments, helping this panEuropean initiative
of visual effects experts from seven countries to streamline processes;
• Achieved scalability through targeted marketing, allowing the group to cater to a wide range of
creative demands and project sizes, including the ambitious production Enemy at the Gates;
• Sourced projects among the international film community; identified commercial opportunities for
added services using the group’s cross divisional network; structured and negotiated deals at
board level to secure high caliber postproduction work for the group;