[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
LOUIS J. L., CPA
Fulling Mill Lane Ridgefield, CT
Senior tax executive with over years of diversified tax and financial experience. Proven record of success in both public accounting and multinational, publicly traded corporations. Implemented innovative tax planning strategies while demonstrating handson leadership with strong, crossfunctional operational knowledge. Effective team builder who has overseen both turnaround and the reengineering of corporate tax departments, with strong experience in the following areas:
Federal and state corporate income tax Intercompany transactions and transfer pricing
Resolution of audit controversies Successful negotiation of tax incentive programs
Sales/use and property tax Legislative issues and strategy
Pernod Ricard USA, Purchase, NY /present
$ billion U.S. subsidiary of world&;s spirits company and wine company, based in Paris, with revenues over $ billion
Director of Tax
Chief U.S. tax official responsible for planning and compliance for Federal, state and international tax issues, including income, franchise, sales/use, as well as Federal & state tax examinations, tax accounting and reporting. Managed successful U.S. integration as part of a $ billion worldwide acquisition of Allied Domecq. Reached favorable Federal and state audit resolutions with savings in excess of $ million.
Currently manage a staff of .
The Breakwater Group, LLC, White Plains, NY // Business advisory and management consulting firm serving privately held & publicly traded companies and high net worth individuals
Managed the firm&;s tax practice, included preparation and review of consolidated corporate, partnership, Subchapter S corporation and individual tax returns. Served a diversified client base with revenues up to $ million. Performed compilations and reviews of client financial statements as well as due diligence on proposed acquisitions.
META Group, Inc., Stamford, CT //
$M international information technology research and consulting firm NASDAQ:METG with a focus on overseas expansion.
Senior Director, Taxation
Responsible for all areas of taxation, including technical research and support as well as all compliance functions return preparation and review, FAS analysis, transfer pricing initiative, and establishment of tax policies and procedures for the organization.
ETHAN ALLEN INTERIORS, INC., Danbury, CT //
$M vertically integrated furniture manufacturer and retailer NYSE:ETH with a store network in excess of locations. Strong domestic
presence with modest but gradual international growth.
Director of Tax
Chief tax official responsible for development and execution of global tax planning initiatives, oversee and provide technical support and planning
in all areas of taxation, accurate and timely compliance with all tax laws and filings, coordination of tax examinations and appeals, including
negotiation of settlements, management of company&;s effective tax rate, and seamlessly integrating effective tax planning within the corporate
business structure. Supervise a staff of professionals.
LOUIS J. L. PAGE
* Directed restructure of and rebuilt company&;s tax function. Reduced department costs by several hundred thousand dollars per year by "insourcing" functions and aggressively managing the use of outside consultants. Improved internal systems for more efficient management of tax reserves and company&;s effective tax rate.
* Produced savings in excess of $ million through negotiated tax incentives with various state and local tax and economic development agencies.
* Negotiated settlements and successful appeals producing savings in excess of $ million with various state and local government agencies in the areas of income, sales/use and property tax
* Implemented with assistance of outside consultants state income tax restructuring strategies producing an annual savings in excess of $. million.
* Facilitated changes in federal tax accounting methods that will generate in excess of $ million cash to the company over the next years.
* Coordinated companywide policies and procedures for unclaimed property compliance.
* Led initiative in tax planning for real estate transactions resulting in the deferral of gains in excess of $ million.
ASCOM HOLDING, INC., Woodcliff Lake, NJ / Shelton, CT //
$B multinational telecommunications conglomerate headquartered in Berne, Switzerland with worldwide operations, traded on the Zurich Stock Exchange. U.S. subsidiaries in excess of $M included manufacturers of routers, asynchronous transfer mode ATM equipment, telephones, toll collection devices, and mailing systems.
Director of Tax
Oversaw all U.S. tax operations, provided technical support and advice to U.S. subsidiaries in the areas of income, franchise, sales/use, property and unemployment tax. Resolved technical issues at the federal and state level as well as developed tax planning strategies. Ensured accurate and timely compliance with all tax laws and filings, including the review of the Federal consolidated tax return, approximately Forms /, state and local income and over , property tax returns. Coordinated all tax examinations and appeals, including the negotiation of settlements. Supervised a staff of professionals.
* Restructured company&;s tax function to maximize efficiencies and opportunities for tax savings. Substantially reduced annual department costs by strengthening internal function while reducing the reliance on outside consultants. Successfully converted the tax compliance reporting process saving several manhours per year.
* Produced tax savings in excess of $ million through planning, appeals, and petitions in the areas of income, franchise, sales/use and property tax
* Exposure to various areas of international taxation, including crossborder transactions and transfer pricing, Forms /, Swiss, Japanese and Puerto Rican tax issues.
FRANK B. HALL & CO., INC., Briarcliff Manor, NY //
A subsidiary of Reliance Group Holdings NYSE, was a $M international insurance brokerage with over worldwide subsidiaries before the acquisition of its assets by Aon Corporation through its subsidiary, Rollins Burdick Hunter.
Manager, Domestic Tax Reporting
Responsible for processing, preparation and review of Federal consolidated tax return and approximately state and local returns. Provided technical support to subsidiary controllers in miscellaneous tax matters handled in the field, such as sales/use, property and unemployment tax. Prepared the quarterly and annual consolidated tax provision and related financial statement disclosures for required SEC forms K and Q.
* Coordinated tax information with legal, payroll tax, accounting and data processing departments regarding subsidiary licensing, acquisitions, dispositions, reorganizations, state qualifications, withdrawals, etc.
* System coordinator and liaison for CorpTax, microbased tax preparation system used to process all corporate income tax returns.
* Researched and assisted in Federal and state tax examinations.
* Assisted in departmental budget including quarterly variance analysis
* Updated company Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual concerning various tax matters, including travel & entertainment expenses, IRS Form filings, W inclusion amounts, etc.
LOUIS J. L. PAGE
GENERAL ELECTRIC CAPITAL CORPORATION, Stamford, CT //
Multibillion dollar diversified financial services conglomerate with over separate business units and worldwide operations.
Tax Specialist, Procedures and Practices Corporate Tax Operations
* Assisted in preparation and review of consolidated corporate Federal, state, and partnership returns encompassing subsidiaries
* Identified unusual business transactions requiring special tax return treatment
* Established routines to accumulate data necessary for tax return preparation
* Documented newly identified timing differences for the tax reference guide
* Worked with personnel in newly acquired corporations to ensure an orderly and efficient integration into the corporate tax reporting process.
TOUCHE ROSS & CO., Stamford, CT //
International public accounting firm presently Deloitte and Touche
Highest level attained: Tax Manager began as Audit staff
Supervised the Tax Compliance/Computer Services Department consisting of professionals and clerical support staff. Provided tax and business advice to individuals, partnerships and corporations on various domestic and international issues. Exposure to numerous industries including retail, insurance brokerage, publishing, communications, manufacturing, transportation, and real estate syndication. Assisted in
federal and state tax examinations for individuals and corporations. Negotiated fees, proposals for new and extended services, billings and collections, and staff scheduling for all engagements. Assisted in Audit to Tax transfer program within the Stamford office, with extensive experience in professional staff counseling. Received Stamford Office Outstanding Professional Award in .
Master of Science, Taxation, Pace University, White Plains, NY
Master of Business Administration, Accounting, Pace University, Pleasantville, NY
Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting, cum laude, Pace University, Pleasantville, NY
Tax Executives Institute Fairfield/Westchester Chapter
Licensed Certified Public Accountant in New York State
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants AICPA