[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
No / Polhengoda Road
SENIOUR EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
COO / Marketing Consultant
Innovative and result oriented leader focused on delivering exceptional results in a highly competitive environment that demands continuous improvement. Experienced in driving products, process and customer service improvements while building partnerships with key business decision makers. Consistently increased brand equity levels, market share and consumer off levels by conceptualizing and executing marketing strategies for a cross section of brands across FMCG, Banking, Telecom, Airlines and other skill based service organisations.
Expertise Business Start Ups, Process Re engineering, Cost Optimization, Project Management, Customer Relations, Productivity Improvement, Budgeting / Forecasting, Operations Management, Strategic Marketing, Trade Management, Market Research.
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER STARCOM WORLDWIDE SRILANKA AND MALDIVES to date
Led the company in a turnaround effort that took the company from a small startup with stagnant sales to the third biggest media agency in the country. Developed and executed a three year strategic plan which supported a % increase in revenue and a % increase in net profit.
* Delivered net revenue growth of +% over previous year, by demonstrating superior strategic and tactical marketing strategies, which resulted in several high profile new business wins.
* Transitioned company reputation from locally owned company to highly skilled multinational agency, through a concerted image building campaign.
* Drove down company working capital cycle from to days, by renegotiation credit and collection terms as well as re engineering internal processes which increased our processing speed.
* Successfully launched three new subsidiaries in Sri Lanka ie `Enhance&; which looks at outdoor advertising, `Naviya&; which looks at inprogramme advertising and `Digitas&; which looks at advertising in the digital medium.
* In line with diversification strategy, launched subsidiary in the Maldives. This involved a market potential assessment study, selection of local investor, launch strategy, integrating of local employees.
* Successfully managed several high profile product launches for key clients in the Telecom, FMGC and Banking categories.
* Was invited to represent the South Asian GPC council, which was charged with improving the level of innovation and creativity within the region.
* Commissioned Sri Lanka&;s first segmentation study based on passion groupsTM. This study will offset the limitations of current demographic research data, thereby enhancing the quality of information available within the country.
HEAD OF BRAND DEVELOPMENT AND SERVICE MONITORING SRILANKAN AIRLINES
Conceptualized and institutionalized the SriLankan Airline Service Philosophy among five thousand of the company employees, which included drawing up and implementing, external and internal marketing communication strategies. This ensured a differentiated rand offering, and a level of consistency in the airline&;s service delivery.
* Responsible for service branding initiative, which included perceptionpoint mapping, visual standards guide for customer touchpoints, service recovery procedures, redesigning frontline JDs, developing monitoring mechanism for standards, setting up rewards system, orientation and mandatory training program, redesigning service delivery structure, developing project teams and project champions and develop transitional plan to ensure all of the above materialize. Was awarded the Asian Brand Congress `Brand Leadership Award&; for work carried out under this project.
* Was part of the team that was responsible for SriLankan Airline&;s `we know India best&; campaign, which was responsible for ensuring that the brand reached top of mind among expatriate Indians across the world.
* Responsible for developing yearly countrywide marketing plans which included UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, India, Middle East, Japan, Singapore, Thailand.
* Responsible for identifying and initiating all organizational consumer research, which includes concept tests to usage and attitude and brand health checks. The consumer research conducted in India under my tenure was used as a platform for the company&;s marketing strategies for key growth market India.
* Project leader for corporate image uplift team, tasked with uplifting the profile of the company as a quality employer and the general brandimage of frontline staff ie: Cabin Crew and Ground Staff. This entailed a sustained PR initiative, as well as several corporate events.
MANAGER BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RECKITT BENCKISER SRI LANKA
Reporting to the CEO recruited to provide strategic direction to the company by formulating and then directing resources for the achievement of the company&;s key deliverables Net revenue growth, Brand profitability improvement, and Market share expansion. Was a member of the Management Committee responsible for running the Sri Lankan business.
* Was head of the crossfunctional Dettol Team, whose objective was to increase the equity of all the brands under the Dettol umbrella. This team was able to successfully grow the antiseptic soap market by adopting a fragmentation strategy, which enabled us to target nontraditional user eg young women.
* Responsible for the management of outsourced pharmaceutical brands which included Cardiprin and Gaviscon which contributed % to company revenue.
* Responsible for new product development function within the company. Was responsible for the following key NPD launches in Harpic Kramer, Mortein Ratkill, Dettol Soap, Robin Blue Soap. Was instrumental in increasing the NPD contribution to the business from .% of net revenue in to .% in .
* Was a member of the global squeeze team, which was tasked with developing strategies to increase market share of low market share brands across the world.
* Was responsible for approving all trade promotion / incentives within the company. Supported in driving Robin sales volumes up by %, through targeted distributor incentive schemes aimed at high throughput outlets.
* Was part of the team that was responsible for restructuring the sale and distribution process, which enabled the company to reduce the spikes experienced in invoicing within a month.
* Was responsible for developing key nontraditional markets for Mortein Vaporizers, Disprin, Colmans Orange and Vinegar key markets included shipping traffic and the US Military.
FINANCE MANAGER MAS / LEISURELINE PVT LTD
In charge of the Finance Function of the organization, reporting to the General Manager of the company. Duties included preparation of management reports for Managing Director, General Manager ie Customer Profitability analysis, Operational Performance Analysis, Internal & External Benchmarking, Forecasting & Feasibility Studies.
* Lead the company team leader to win the National Productivity award and s Akimoto award for s standards in the year .
* Member of the group strategic planning initiative aimed at doubling group turnover in five years. Was specifically responsible for formulating the fiveyear plan / GAP analysis, which included formulating short to medium term strategies to increase customer base.
* Was part of the core team, which implemented SAP R/ enterprise resource planning system at Leisureline. Duties included fine tuning system to suit individual SBU needs, drawing out training programs for users, testing the system, and developing the company reporting package.
BANKING ASSISTANT HONGKONGBANK HEXAGON SERVICES
Handling all promotional activities with regard to Hexagon electronic banking services, including providing customer support services, client presentations/training, and installation of software and communication systems.
EDUCATION / AWARDS
Masters of Business Administration MBA
University of Wales UK
Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants ACMA
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants UK
Asian Brand Leadership Award
th Brand Asia Congress Mumbai India
College Prefect , National Under Water Polo Vice Captain, College Colours in Rugby Football, Water Polo, Swimming,
REFERENCES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST