[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Joyce Long, PMP
Chase Card Services, Wilmington, DE
Risk Execution Authorizations Quality Assurance, June, to Present
* Temporary reassignment to assist with resource constraints in the authorizations space.
* Demonstrate teamwork by putting business needs ahead of my personal career path to meet a short term need.
* Gained business knowledge in the second of three major functional areas within Risk authorizations, portfolio and acquisitions workflow.
* During my second week in my new role, I discovered a major defect in a new system scheduled to go into production in July and was able to assist in resolving it prior to implementation.
* Mentor my teammates on technical areas lacking within the team such as advanced Oracle queries and introducing them to Sharepoint concepts.
Risk Project Execution Enterprise Project Team September, to June,
* Member of project management team within Risk Execution focusing on enterprisewide projects such as new RegZ credit card legislation compliance and infrastructure upgrades.
* Planning, reporting, risk assessment, participate in requirement walkthroughs and issue resolution, implement process improvements.
* Manage the level of effort calculation, reporting and tracking effort for Risk projects and program change requests by working with other PM team members and policy managers. In my first three months improved the on time submission for LOEs from % to %.
* Developed a new graphic representation that combined enterprise and business as usual BAU deliverables on a single Excel calendar which was well received by stakeholders.
Senior Risk Analyst July, to September,
* Responsible for ensuring through quality assurance that a wide variety of credit risk and fraud risk processes meet the requirements for revenue and loss avoidance targets for policy areas, directly impacting the bottom line for Card Services.
* Project benefits range from customer service improvements, to many millions of dollars per project.
* Functional areas supported include credit bureau scoring, credit line increases and decreases, high risk account management, balance transfers, various fraud areas such as bust out or account takeover activity.
* Perform impact assessment of changes for cross functional areas.
* Plan, prioritize, negotiate schedules for testing.
* Assess and communicate LOE for BAU and enterprise projects. Developed standard LOE tool to use within workgroup
* Execute testing of run the engine batch processes using appropriate risk based methodologies as well as infrastructure & software component upgrades.
* Strong tech knowledge of complex Oracle database design and queries; SAS, Unix environments, editors, shell and perl scripts; network and database performance; and various file transfer mechanisms such as ACME, FTP and XFiles on a daily basis.
* Identify operational impacts on production implementation, suggest alternatives and gain consensus from affected parties.
* Ensure compliance with exit criteria and provide sign off of projects with a goal of zero defects in production.
* Participate in production support problem inventory meetings to diagnose recurrent issues, identify root causes, and develop/implement new QA processes to reduce or eliminate recurrent issues.
* Coach & direct the efforts of contingent & project staff as required.
* Promote process improvements that comply with corporate & external standards such as Six Sigma/CMM
* Establish/maintain working relationships across other departments. Work closely with business leads, sponsors, enterprise wide project teams, vendors & others.
* Self study to obtain PMP certification while meeting challenging production deadlines and high quality standards
Merck, Lansdale, PA,
Senior Business Analyst January, to April, contract basis, backfill assignment for contractor who left early
* Consultant to eDiscovery PMO for Litigation Support Services, as part of the Vioxx related lawsuits.
* The eDiscovery PMO was tasked with responding to several thousand plaintiff request for discovery on the legal matters, and with extracting appropriate responses from various corporate systems and external data systems such as prescription databases.
* Work with stakeholders to define business processes that would extract information in exactly the same method over thousands of requests; and to be able to define the exact discovery process version used for a particular plaintiff response.
* Develop automated workflows within Keyflow software for use by clerks who responded to discovery requests.
* Liason with external legal counsel to ensure that court instructions were followed correctly
* Test both the software processes that extracted data and the business processes used to respond to request to ensure compliance, including performance testing.
* Respond to new data requests in a manner that protected both the corporate and the plaintiff interests.
* Direct the effort of four other business analysts and up to fifteen data processors.
Intracorp Cigna, Philadelphia, PA
Senior Business Analyst September, to January, contract basis, backfill assignment for contractor who left early
* Work on a large project replacing a legacy system with several components which was used to review worker&;s compensation and other injury related medical bills and recommend the most cost efficient payment under policy guidelines for a number of employers and TPA&;s.
* Project transitioned to a new vendor to scan bills into a document image management system, implemented a customized version of Fair Isaac&;s Smart Advisor application, replaced the legacy invoicing modules, coordinated with a new back end vendor for printing and mailing, and provided various data warehouse and EDI support activities related to this project.
* Business analyst lead for the business develop and streamline requirements, schedule and plan project related activities, map as is and future state business processes, write use cases, create swim lanes and other UML diagrams, write other documentation.
* Liason between the business, project office, IT and external vendors.
* Plan parallel testing of the invoicing system, and UAT planning and coordination on several other processes.
* Converted the requirements into a relational database model for change control and flexibility in reporting, which was a key factor in reducing over requirements to under during descoping sessions which I facilitated between IT and the business.
* Reduced the onboarding time for new customers from months to and scheduled the conversion of existing customers in various waves using a command center approach.
* Direct the efforts of two other business analysts.
JPMorgan Chase, Newark, DE
Senior Business Analyst Merger Related Initiatives August, to September, contract basis
* Senior business analyst/project manager in the HR technology arena working on several projects.
* Introduced use case methodology to a project and organization; was able to use this methodology to bring a large troubled project back on schedule and reduce estimated costs by several hundred thousand dollars while simultaneously working on other projects with short implementation deadlines.
* Modeling including over use cases with associated diagrams including swim lanes, use case, sequence and state diagrams.
* Member of process SWAT team which developed standards, tools and templates for use cases, swim lanes, and other UML artifacts.
* Adapt costing worksheet used by all projects by creating a calculation process to show the shift in phase costs and labor from a traditional project life cycle to the RUP.
* Assist testing center in adapting infrastructure performance testing to true application performance testing. Planned and participated in command center for overseeing infrastructure transformation of + enterprise wide human resource applications.
* Mentored other business analysts.
* Assist in various reporting and process improvement activities including root cause analysis.
Self employed Malvern, PA
Principal, May, to November,
* Help organizations achieve improved results through strategic planning, team building, human resource skills development, and business process improvement through cycle time reduction.
* Certified as facilitator of Total Quality Institute business process improvement methods.
* One of my largest projects included helping a durable medical equipment company grow from to employees with a new sales and marketing model and develop business processes to handle workflow.
* Assist two startup enterprises with obtaining minority loan approval through writing comprehensive business plans and loan applications
Management Sciences Corp. Pittsburgh, PA
QA Lead, October, to March, contract basis
* Work on a contract basis for a data warehousing client developing a statistical/financial application that performed multiple linear regression for forecast modeling.
* When I started the project was months behind schedule and had not yet achieved an acceptable level of quality to move into functional testing. Within months I was able to bring the defect level to a point where we had our first production release and my client received payment from their client.
* Very technical hands on position using a variety of database and other tools, including Business Objects.
* Mentor other QA staff and QA manager in creating standardized processes.
* Implement automated testing including performance testing, using a variety of commercial and opensource tools, on a shoestring budget.
Highmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield Pittsburgh, PA
Senior Consultant, April, to October, contract basis
* Hired to work in a senior level analyst, QA and testing capacity at a variety of clients.
* Most of my time was spent bringing a large troubled health care billing project back on track. An external consulting firm with a fixed cost project overran budget and walked out leaving no documentation.
* Mentor the project manager and teach business subject matter experts how to test the system and develop a testing plan.
* Work as a business analyst on gleaning requirements from senior executives of the member departments. This task was made more challenging by the fact the project had failed times in years and the users were not convinced of the need to do it again.
marchFirst Pittsburgh, PA
Software Quality and Methodology Practice Manager, September, to March,
* Create the STQA function within a year old branch of a large professional services consulting company that went bankrupt in the tech market downturn. P&L responsibility.
* Participate fully in sales function including lead generation, proposal writing, and sales presentations.
* Hire/Fire responsibility for QA/BA personnel.
* Ensure that our projects met customer requirements, so that we would be paid for the work performed.
* Perform risk assessment and management on new contract opportunities, to maximize revenue.
* Develop methodology and practices to be used on all projects, including UML guidelines and peer review/inspection procedures.
* Work as a business analyst or project manager on projects as needed. Audit and compliance responsibility for project documentation in accordance to acceptable risk guidelines.
* Work on business process improvement activities for a variety of clients.
YOUcentric, Charlotte, NC
Test Automation Lead March, to September, contract basis
* Introduce and implement test automation for a producer of customized CRM and ERM software, helping reduce time to market and improve overall quality.
* Develop test strategy and business plan for automation area of QA, including developing potential revenue producing opportunities that turned QA from a cost center into a revenue producing area.
* Assist in creating company wide quality procedures and methodologies, including standard use case, requirement, and test matrix templates and issue tracking workflow.
* Participate in strategic planning team for new company product offerings.
* Implement new code configuration management system and Mercury suite of tools. Write custom interface using Mercury API to maintain synchronization between proprietary defect tracking tool and TestDirector during the transition, reducing rekeying, saving time and reducing errors.
* Facilitate JAD sessions between internal resources and external clients.
Computer Associates Charlotte, NC
Enterprise Architect, May, to March,
* On site at Bank of America for most of the duration of my tenure at CA. Began with a small family owned firm that was purchased by CA.
* Manage and perform quality assurance on various commercial applications, primarily in wire transfer functionality where defects would result in an unrecoverable loss of funds to the bank.
* Participate in all functions of the SDLC including writing and reviewing use cases. Formal training in use case methodology.
* Assist in bringing organization to CMM level including writing the software testing portion of methodology.
* Strong hands on experience with Mercury suite including WinRunner, LoadRunner, and TestDirector.
* Assist in other special projects, such as writing proposals that won contracts worth a total of $ million in services revenue over years. Spent two months in London, England as an onloan consultant with expertise in customer service startups and service level agreements in support of these contracts.
* Spoke at two onehour sessions at Mercury Interactive User conference, Orlando, Florida.
* In the evenings and on weekends, helped firm gain additional revenue by working on other projects at CA offices, primarily on project planning and development efforts. Projects included YK conversions, development of mortgage broker web apps, and others.
Self Employed Matthews, NC
Principal, March, to June,
* Help small and large companies such as Harris Teeter supermarkets seeking to update skills of internal development staff from mainframe to client server and web technologies by developing and conducting training initiatives and mentoring staff through the learning process.
* Conduct Microsoft training courses in WOSA, SQL Server, NT SE track, Visual Basic and other technical topics for my own business, Central Piedmont Community College, and CompUSA.
Premier/ISV Support Engineer, May, to March,
* Help large companies and independent vendors incorporate bleeding edge technologies into their own products, functioning as escalation point of last resort for development issues.
* Provide outstanding customer telephone support to worldwide customers.
* Ensure that our clients such as Symantec, Countrywide, and others did not miss their implementation issues due to technical problems with Microsoft technology, which could have resulted in significant financial repercussions for our clients.
* Prolific author and contributor + articles to Microsoft knowledgebase, premier newsletters and other publications used internally and externally.
* Work on entire life cycle of product releases, including quality assurance, training development, strategic planning, and escalation handling.
* Support lead on beta phases of three major Microsoft software releases, to ensure that the support team was ready to support the product on the day of external release.
* Won many productivity, teamwork, and quality awards, including Eagle award voted on by peers and given to outstanding support individual for contributions over the past year.
* Assist in developing Microsoft Certified exams in multiple areas.
* Obtain summa cum laude bachelor degree in business management, Microsoft Certified Solution Developer, and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certifications.
Philip Morris Concord, NC
PC Support Manager, March, to March, contract basis
* Create an internal helpdesk for a client on a month trial basis. Contract was extended to sites and over full time consultants for a year extension.
* Responsible for training, installation, ordering, software and hardware support of all PC and LAN systems. Installed desktop base grew from to + in a year period.
* Manage employees on site.
/ PMP certification with over additional PDUs obtained since
/ Certified Quality Facilitator CQF, Total Quality Institute, Reading, PA
/ Montreat College USNCCharlotte Campus Bachelor&;s Degree Summa Cum Laude, Bachelor of Science in Business Management
/ Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer
/ Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer