[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Lake Mary, FL
Sales and Marketing Professional
Product Management Channel Development Market Penetration
Successful professional with a proven track record managing products, services, and people. Expertise and background in manufacturing, wholesale distribution, merchandising and international logistics. Skilled in all aspects of business including sales, marketing, purchasing, inventory management and order fulfillment. Demonstrated results through planning, budgeting, forecasting, P&L management. Builds longterm profitable business relationships to drive sales and penetrate existing markets.
Significant International Experience
Selected Professional Accomplishments
* Analyzed target markets, researched competition and developed Sales and Marketing initiatives enabling market entry for a startup company and sales growth from $ to $M in only years.
* Directed the budget, merchandising investment plan, display placement, inventory purchase and sales focus to successfully launch a new foreign product line trending $M in sales after year.
* Designed and established logistic program covering importation, cross doc operations, finishing production scheduling and order fulfillment providing the infrastructure to support $M in sales.
* Researched potential customers, marketed, and sold foreign airfreight consolidation services to increase business from $K to over $.K per week.
* Targeted key trading areas and successful distribution companies with minimal territory conflicts, developed persuasive presentations highlighting organization&;s manufacturing capabilities used to support the product line and established a key Distributor Network of companies in months.
* Initiated project to move containers of excess inventory through traditional and nontraditional channels. Created marketing collateral, directed sales effort and launched program in weeks resulting in $K in incremental sales.
* Led project to design and implement software program in three months necessary to acquire and maintain business relationship with the largest buying groups delivering % of industry sales.
* Selected new facility for cross doc and distribution operations, negotiated costs for rent, fork trucks, motor carriers and hired employees to run and maintain an import program, finishing and order fulfillment, and customer service procedures ahead of schedule.
* Implemented aggressive pricing and sales promotions to achieve sales increases in a down and saturated market. All other distributors with same line and territory experienced declines between and %.
* Created and implemented sales strategies and improved incentive programs which maintained focus and enthusiasm for product line and exceeded manufacturer&;s budget by % in a down market.
* Identified new revenue streams to expand sales with existing customers and to acquire new clients by combining transportation and customs services. Increased profit per transaction by %.
Sierra Group, Inc. September current
Sales and development activities focused to expand customer base, target undeveloped market sectors, and identify new channels and industries. Working directly with customers to develop marketing programs, point of purchase systems, Branding and reBranding programs, and other means to promote and sell products.
Wheeler, March August
A division of JJ Haines
Marketing Manager/Orlando FL
Directed all marketing and product management activities for $M portfolio of floor covering products. Orchestrated vendor and manufacturer relationships in distinct product offerings in residential and commercial sectors.
Implemented and directed all pricing, margins, and promotions of existing and new product lines.
Budgeted and forecasted product line investments, inventory costs and sales volume. Controlled purchasing, logistics and inventory of product and merchandising to lower landed costs. Established stocking levels and evaluated inventory flow through turn and "turn and earn" analysis.
Scandian Wood Floors Virginia Beach VA August March
Director of Business Development
Cofounder of Scandian Wood Floors Brand. Developed sales and marketing strategies. Created the marketing materials, customer support and advertising programs used to develop the national brand recognition that lead to explosive nationwide growth.
Designed company&;s international and domestic logistic systems that provided service to distributors in North America. Developed and managed buying group relationships increasing access to top selling stores around the nation. Conducted launch and training seminars introducing the company and products, as well as the proper ways to represent and sell the products in the field
Successful year career in International Logistics with a proven track record of growing sales, developing new revenue streams, and exceeding company goals.
Significant roles and accomplishments included:
* Management of a worldwide network of agents used to grow existing business, expand market share and increase income.
* Negotiation and coordination of ocean freight contracts that generated favorable rates and the required trade lane access to compete and grow in the marketplace.
* Developed and closed the sale of customerspecific, logistic programs through the preparation of landedcost calculations that optimized customer&;s freight usage.
* Collaborated with clients and US Customs to acquire proper classification, valuation, CTPAT, trade zone programs, drawback programs, customs petitions, and related customs issues
Education and Trade Accreditations:
* Duquesne University BA Political Science and History
* US Customs Brokers License
* Professional Development programs/coursework in Sales, Marketing, and Logistics