To help lead an effective and meaningful catalyst of change that utilizes my decades of research,
consulting and government experience in public policy. To build highperformance cultures where
public leaders model, mentor and effectively execute policies and completely engage from
ground up, those who serve. To collaborate and assist the transfer of SES institutional
knowledge to tomorrow’s leaders. To bring back the true meaning of the World War II theme
“good enough for government work" which has always meant it could pass the most rigorous of
More than years’ experience serving in key leadership positions with impact on public policy
and programs in the areas of defense, intelligence, healthcare, education and workforce
development. Skilled in managing teams of professional and technical staff; demonstrated ability
to reach across organizational boundaries and collaborate with intraagency missioncritical
initiatives. Expertise penetrating into government white space—growing and cultivating
relationships with my “client for life’ passion for each and every prospect. As such, eminent
government contract opportunities followed. Exceptional entrepreneurial selfstarter with
complete command over the entire consulting life cycle. Professional talent and trusted
relationships in government expertise is genuine and evident to customers, given my solid
experience as both a political appointee and civil servant in the federal government. Proven
results in public policy, one of writers of specs for the reauthorization of the Elementary and
Secondary Education Act ESEA.
• Met and exceeded annual team revenue goals on solo status for Harvard Business
• Stood up leadership development and management training government practice for Harvard
Business Publishing, majority of ‘wins’ emulated from relationships.
• Target, coordinate, and develop capture strategies with new partnerships to expand in hard to
• Provide progressive and innovative vision for future growth.
• Established deep connections with Harvard Business school faculty through close working
• Trusted advisor on own established reputation with all cabinet level agencies.
• Negotiate continued funding for workforce development and preserved major Department of
Defense DoD program, Troops to Teachers. Successfully negotiated with top White House
officials, Senior Executive Service SES members, legal counsel, legislative affairs and
congressional sponsorship. Used innovative thinking and built shared multidepartment and
agency vision to continue program under new moniker—Transition to Teaching—Garnered
$ million grant for this initiative which continues today.
• Amassed congressional attention after publishing a Guide on crisis planning that informed
school safety policies after the terrorist attacks of /. Ensuing $+ million in funding with
grant competitions; requested by name to write the school safety grant specs, implement the