Nationality Citizen of Mauritius
Date of birth th December
Tel No: + mobile
Skype Add: zyaadb
– now MSc in Carbon Management, University of Edinburgh Grad
B.Eng Hons Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Second Class Honours in the First
Division, University of Mauritius.
Higher School Certificate GCE Advanced level, Royal College of Port Louis, Mauritius
School Certificate GCE Ordinary level, Royal College of Port Louis, Mauritius
June – to date Environment Officer, promoted from Technical Officer from March at the Environmental
Law Division, Department of Environment of the Ministry of Environment of the
Republic of Mauritius
Main duties as Technical and Environmental Officers include:
• Environmental policy development and formulation in consultation with private sector and
• Various drafting of regulations and standards setting framing of an air quality
management system for Mauritius, formulation of recommendations over the introduction
of better automotive fuel quality, energy policy, waste management plastic bags, PET
bottles, compost, wastetoenergy, and ISO audit regulations, interalia.
• translation of environmental conventions into environmental laws e.g. Kyoto Protocol,
implementation of CDM projects.
• Preparation of information papers/memoranda for Cabinet of Ministers and replies for
Parliamentary questions speeches for Permanent Secretary & Minister.
• Conducting environmental sensitisation programmes targeted at the general public through
media, preparation of pamphlets, etc.
• organisation of workshops, seminars and training courses for local participants.
• Member of tender evaluation committees set up by Government for services in the air
quality and waste management sector.
February – May
Shift Dyer, Consolidated Fabrics Limited, Solitude, Mauritius Textile Factory
Main duties include:
• Responsible for the day and night on a hour shift system management of a team of
employees manual + technicians for the production of dyed textile fabric.
• Research on improvement of quality and costs of production.
January – April
Laboratory Technician, Margarine Industries Limited, Trianon, Mauritius Food
Main duties include:
• Laboratory quality control and ensuring recipes for production
• Implementation of quality systems, and undertake research and development.