[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
BRIGADIER SAMARJEET S. Artillery
Senior Management Professional:
Human Resource Management General Administration Logistics Operations Security Operations
"Striving to upgrade knowledge and practices to retain excellence in the professional brief."
Budgeting & Forecasting
Human Resource Management
Training & Development
Large Scale Combat Operations
Security & Safety Initiatives
Logistics & Transport Management
Counter Terrorism & Disaster Management
* A competent professional with over years of comprehensive experience in the Indian Army and UN Mission in Eritrea and Ethiopia UNMEE.
* Extensive experience in managing operations of large groups with leadership qualities & organisational skills.
* Hands on exposure in various facets of personnel administration thereby garnered strong capabilities in Recruitment, Selection, Training & Development, Manpower Planning, Orientation, Career Development, Grievance Handling and Employee Motivation.
* Stints as Commissioned Officer in army units under different operational environments have honed abilities in identifying potential, deconstructing complex situations and streamlining solutions leading to increased operational efficiency and success.
* Evolved and executed strategies pertaining to Security Consulting, including risk analysis, threat assessment, security, law enforcement, information/personal security and contingency/crisis planning & protection.
* Strong exposure in liaising with State Administration and other Government Agencies, both Indian and foreign.
* Proactive and team oriented with proven acumen to lead & manage diverse and large teams; effective communicator with exceptional presentation skills.
Since Dec&; associated with Indian Army; release from Army on rd Jan&;
Safety & Security Management
* Planning, directing and controlling activities & resources for investigations on Corporate geared towards identifying corruption & malpractices and facilitating the institution of corrective measures.
* Monitoring safety of static installations, internal security duties in aid to civil authorities, garrison security, security of personnel, material and information, discipline, training and welfare of troops under command.
* Conducting internal investigations relating to sensitive security issues and modern security intelligence, surveillance systems in peaceful and violent situations.
* Developing & implementing budgets & annual plans for managing facilities as per organisational needs.
* Planning & controlling all elements of facility with responsibility of managing cost improvement programs & other productivity programs; spearheading various administrative functions such as maintenance of equipment, transportation and record keeping.
* Ensuring proper maintenance of building services electrical, airconditioning, plumbing, fire fighting, landscaping, housekeeping, civil works, etc..
Procurement & Logistics Management
* Conceptualising strategies & formulating policies for Civil and Military and MultiNational Logistics Projects.
* Developing Annual Plans and Budget for Logistics Operations; established Standard Operating Procedures for all C&FAs; prepared and implemented budgets.
* Supervising complete logistics operations, appointed new CHAs, freight forwarders & shipping lines, entered rate contracts & finalised contracts for transportation; implementing continuous measures to maximize productivity of the Department.
* Managing the recruitment lifecycle for sourcing the best talent from diverse sources after identification of manpower requirements for new / existing departments as per budgetary norms and attrition.
* Aligning individual objectives to company objectives; managing performance by preset goals by facilitating Performance Management System and process administration for the vertical; formulating & implementing increment, incentive & other remuneration policies; ensuring prompt resolution of employee grievances to maintain cordial managementemployee relations and achieve dedication by workers.
* Liaising with external agencies, government authorities and officers for statutory returns such as PF, Pita, Labor License & other returns; ensuring strict compliance with the statutory requirements of Factories Act, EPF, Contract Labor Act and Companies Act as Member of General Executive Management Committee of the prestigious "Whelers Club", Meerut.
Training & Development
* Determining training needs, identifying training gaps, & conducting programmes to enhance their operational efficiency leading to increased productivity.
* Designing & developing modules & customizing training programmes based on the need analysis; creating content and rolling out of all kinds of trainings across the organisation.
* Creating and implementing Training Framework; driving the same across the company in different levels; planning and delivering Induction training for staff across the country; conducting reviews & providing feedback on areas of improvements; assessing training effectiveness with pre and post training audits.
SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTIONS ACROSS ASSIGNMENTS
Since Oct&; Brigadier Chief of General Staff Information Warfare
* Holds the distinction of identifying present & future needs of Physical, Cyber and Electronic Security of Southern Army Command through interaction with Media; played an instrumental role in training officers and personnel to meet the needs.
* Conceptualised & implemented policies and guidelines. Being the first officer to start this new appointment, conceptualized, formulated and put into practice the policies and guidelines which have now become the "Standard Operating Procedures" for the complete Command.
* Spearheaded the entire gamut of Administrative and HR Operations of staff and officers.
* Started and worked with very limited resources and overcame the constraints of lack of initial training by ensuring conduct of courses for officers and men. The acid test came during the conduct of Exercise "Sudarshan Shakti"NovDec where the Army Command was operationally tested in the presence of the Hon&;able President and the Raksha Mantri, both having expressed satisfaction over the state of training and morale. Zero attrition amongst the employees serving under the officer is a testimony to the highest standards of morale amongst the officers and men.
Mar&; Oct&; Brigadier Directing Staff Higher Command Wing, Army War College, Mhow
* Demonstrated excellence in training Senior Officers of Services and Officers from Foreign countries to enable them to shoulder higher command responsibilities.
* Managed the entire gamut of operations including HR, Training, Manpower Planning and Asset Management.
Jul&; Mar&; Brigadier Commander Artillery Brigade
* Excellent track record of leading a workforce of nearly qualified knowledge workers including Officers, Warrant Officers and Soldiers with complete accountability of Induction, Administration, Training, Placement, Assessment, Morale, Discipline, etc.
* Conceptualised & created operational and training modules based upon Systems Approach to Training SAT.
* Successfully managed assets worth INR Million.
* Established SOPs for Crisis and Disaster Management, in close coordination with Senior Govt officials, aimed at providing safety and security to govt. installations and public assets.
Jan&; Jun&; Colonel Chief of Operations Logistics and Maintenance
* Steered the safe induction/deinduction of over , troops in the logistically most challenging army formation corps comprising of Leh, Laddakh and the "Highest Battle Field in the World Siachen Glacier".
* Provided complete administrative support for , , tons of supplies, stores and equipment for Winter Stocking and , troops by Air and Road.
* Ensured maintenance and resupply of over vehicles including porters & ponies on a daily basis.
* Instrumental in streamlining the inventory function by:
* Identifying the average demand & downtime of various items and categorised the items into groups based on timelag between demand and availability on ground; this helped in reducing inventory in numbers and quantity.
* Establishing forward logistic nodes, with repair and recovery facilities both integral and outsourced and ensuring Nil downtime of equipment and vehicles.
* Streamlined the Logistics Network by conducing WorkStudy and using Transportation Models for effecting time and cost savings and to identify areas of cutting the wastage of resources.
* Streamline the Supply Chain by applying the knowledge of Management Studies and developing Transportation Models; reduced costs by upto % resulting in more efficient use of resources; funds saved were utilized for welfare of troops, their families and upgrading of facilities.
* Ensured approx % cut in proposed rates during the negotiation phase through meticulous collection and collation of background data of global rates and discussions based on hard facts.
* Administered safety and security at Air Maintenance Cell and Transit Camps; managed casualty and medicalevacuation from various forward posts.
May&; May&; Colonel Chief of General Staff Planning
* Successfully managed the dual tasks of CounterInfiltration and CounterInsurgency at an operationally deployed Corps Headquarters of Srinagar; planned and managed operations in Kashmir Valley with accountability of raising of new Units/Sub Units, their move, deployment and employment.
* Spearheaded construction of Kms of Border Fence on Line of Control and Aviation Base at Manasbal; oversaw the entire gamut of tasks including planning, fund management, employment and administration of nearly personnel of the Engineer Task Forces.
* Successfully undertook vendor identification, evaluation and selection through global tendering thereby ensuring establishment of fair practices; instituted Tender Purchase Committees thereby ensuring vendor satisfaction, no legal issues and smooth & timely conclusion of the process.
* Awarded Army Commanders Commendation Cards twice for Gallantry and third time for Distinguished Service.
Jun&; Dec&; Colonel Chief of General Staff Mountain Division
* Devised & effectuated operational plans for the Division with complete accountability of developing training modules, forecasting, inventory control and information management.
* Managed overall security of assets and personnel of the Division comprising , troops & Officers and assets worth over Crores INR.
Jan&; Jun&; Colonel Commanding Officer Artillery Regiment
* Excellent track record of commanding an Artillery Regiment, both in peace and during Operation Parakaram; ensured security of large quantum of personal weapons, ammunition, explosives, artillery guns, and administration of Officers, Warrant Officers and personnel.
* Conceptualised, designed, and implemented training, operations, welfare projects and logistics models.
* Ensured % satisfaction level amongst employees through a well planned Leave and Training Schedule.
* Motivated staff by encouraging them to participate in Group Discussions and BrainStorming Sessions in order to bring out their views and generate new ideas.
* Instituted a process of fair appreciations and awards was and streamlined the same with passage of time.
* Rendered extensive aid to civil authorities and managed disasters.
Feb&; Dec&; Lt. Colonel Senior General Staff Officer Operations
* Commanded Operations and Security at the Command Headquarters.
* Managed secret and confidential plans of all security related aspects of Operation Vijay Kargil.
Jul&; Dec&; Deputy Chief of Integrated Support Services DCISS UN Mission in EthiopiaEritrea UNMEE
* Demonstrated the highest degree of security consciousness through selection and deputation for foreign assignment on training of Special Mobile Force of Mauritius & UN Mission.
* Led complete Peace Keeping Operations in India and Abroad under the aegis of United Nations.
* Holds the distinction of spearheading administration and HR aspects of over Peacekeepers Military and Multinational Civil Experts, an Aviation Base, Logistics Base and Warehousing for assets worth over INR Crores.
* Prepared and controlled the assigned budget for ISS Branch.
* Served as Principle Advisor to Deputy Representative to Secretary General and Force Commander on Policy & Strategy.
* Successfully officiated as CISS in the incumbent&;s absence.
* Led a team of officers including Branch Heads, staff members and security personnel, of a Multinational Peacekeeping Force.
Dec&; Jun&; Chief Logistics Officer, UNMEE
* Directed the largest Logistics Branch comprising of Officers of various Nationalities.
* Managed the entire gamut of operations including formulation & implementation of plans for safety of equipment, administration of personnel and management of assets.
* Led all Indian contingents, Staff Officers, Military Observers and Indian Nationals in Eritrea and Ethiopia as an Indian National Senior; managed evacuation of all these personnel to home in case of crises.
* Awarded Force Commander&;s Commendation Card in UNMEE for Distinguished Service.
Oct&; Dec&; Team Leader Training Team, Mauritius
* Successfully led a team of experts with complete accountability of office procedures, office security, administration and management; carried out training for Officers and Staff of Special Mobile Force of Mauritius.
* Master of Philosophy Defense & Management Studies from DAVV, Indore with st Division marks in .
* Programme in Peace Keeping Operations from United Nations Institute for Training and Research, New York with Distinction in .
* Master of Management Studies from Osmania University with Distinction in .
* Advance Course in Management from All India Management Association with st Class marks in .
* Diploma in Defense Management from DAVV, Indore with st Class marks in.
* Diploma in Management HRD from IGNOU with st Class marks in .
* Master of Science Defense & Strategic Studies from Madras University with st Class marks in .
* Basic Course in French Language, from National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla, in .
IT COURSE / SKILLS
* Certificate Course in Computer Fundamentals, DOS, Windows & MS Office.
* Well versed with Cyber Security Essentials, Lotus and Internet Applications.
Date of Birth : th October
Address : A, Nivedita Terraces, Svy No. /, Kedari Nagar, Wanowari, Pune , Maharashtra
Languages Known : English, Hindi & Punjabi
Location Preference : Pune / Maharashtra / Gujarat