[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
TYPE OF EXPERTISE:
. Family name: Valbona Contact: . First Names: B. Tel:
. Date of Birth: June
. Passport holder of: Kosovo
Institution Date from Date to
Degrees or Diplomas obtained:
The University of York, United Kingdom [ ]
MA, Public Policy and Management , University of York, United Kingdom
DFID, London 
Programme Cycle Management
DFID Glasgow 
Financial management training
University of Edinburgh 
Understanding Poverty and Antipoverty Work
DFID Bucharest 
Procurement training course
DFID London 
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
DFID Sophia 
Management Development Programme
National School of Government 
Assertiveness at Work
GTZ, IHSD and The World Bank Institute, Tirana 
Partnership for poverty Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers
London School of Economics London 
Economics for noneconomists Basic and Advanced modules
DFID London 
Reporting Officer/line management training
DFID London [ ]
Performance Reporting Information System for Management
National School Of Government London 
Working with Ministers
EC Brussels 
European Union Training
University of Essex 
Human Rights and Development
Social Development Direct Brighton 
Swedish International Development & Cooperation Agency Prishtina 
Results Framework Approach
DFID London 
Development partnership course
Hemsley Fraser London 
Influencing and Persuading
University of Birmingham 
Goodenough College London 
Public Sector Reform
DFID Tirana 
Fraser London ]
Writing for Results Hemsley
Atkinson Limited, UK 
Development of Leadership skills
DFID London 
CIPFA London 
PEFA Assessment Training
. Language skills: Indicate competence on a scale of to excellent; basic
. Membership of professional bodies:
* Member of UK Cross Departmental Strategy Theme team on Accountable Government and
Prosperity For DFID, FCO, British Council and the UK Ministry of Defence;
* Member of Asdvisory Group in DFID dealing with policies and procedures for staff apponted in coutry at global level.
* Member of working group for the development of Kosovo Public Administration Reform Strategy and Public Finance Management Reform Action Plan;
* Member of Kosovo Decentralisation Sector Group;
* Member Working Group on Capacity Building and Donor Coordination in Kosovo;
* Member of Public Administration Working
* Member of Statistics donor sector group in Kosovo.
. Other skills: Proficiency in standard PCbased software, including word processing, databases and spreadsheets.
. Present position: Senior Program Manager, DFID, Kosovo Summary of job description
Currently a senior programme staff member in DFID Kosovo responsible for design, management and monitoring of DFID programme implementation, such as financial expenditure, project budgets and writing reports and other documents. Currently, responsible for management of the whole DFID programme in Kosovo, delivered in close collaboration with Central and Local Government of Kosovo.
Successfully engaging in policy dialogue with Government and donors at their highest levels as well as with other local and international partners. Being a Kosovo national and a representative of a credible organisation such as DFID, provides me with direct access to key stakeholders and decision makers, access that has vastly contributet to all programmes under my area of responsibility.
I have strong analytical skills and great knowledge of the country&;s political economy that will enable me to perform the task at hand effectively. In addition to my technical skills, I am an excellent team worker with proven experience of project and people management, in complex political and economic environments. I have acted as Head of DFID Kosovo in and for year in total.
I am able to consider and analyse different opinions, take leadership of those and make decisions accordingly. I have excellent persuasion, influencing, networking and problem solving skills, all a valued asset in a development context.
. Years within the organisation:
. Key qualifications:
* A senior staff of DFID in Kosovo since and have received awards as individual and as part of team for excellent performance and contribution to organisation&;s objectives.
* Experience in policy dialogue at the highest level including members of Kosovo Government and Donor community
years of experience in reform in all aspects of Kosovo public sector reform through a variety of donor funded institutional/capacity development initiatives focusing on Public Administration Reform, Public Financial Management Reform, Good Governance, Reform of Statistics and Private Sector Development.
* Specific experience in programme design, management, monitoring and evaluation of technical assistance support to central and local government institutions in most sectors.
* Familiarity with working with donors and strong knowledge of funding operations and procedures.
. Country Experience:
Policy dialogue, interacting at high level with recipient government and donors on:
Public Finance Management Reform Integration of policy and budget process, social service financing, private sector development, development of statistics, aid effectiveness
Project identification, design and management:
Decentralisation/local government reform; health policy reform; social protection; Public Financial Management Reform PEFA assessment, Sector Expenditure Review Statistics development of national strategy for statistics; private sector development; tax system reform;
Monitoring and Evaluation :
Support to public finance reform programmes, Fiscal decentralization of social service project; private sector development programme, Project of support to Kosovo Assembly Parliamentary Accounts Committee
Human Resource Management :
Management of cofunded projects with World Bank, and UN Office for Project Services UNOPS
Integrated Public Financial Management Reform Project :
Participated in the project review of a $ million programme contributing to credibility and predictability, control and transparency of fiscal and budget management. The project will have a direct impact on statebuilding, strengthening the budgeting and planning cycle, identified as one of the key "survival functions" of the state of Sierra Leone.
. Professional experience:
* As a senior staff of DFID in Kosovo since responsible for programme design, management, monitoring and evaluation of DFID Kosovo funded operations
* Engaged in Policy dialogue with senior members of Kosovo Government and donor community and subsequently specific programme development, management and implementation in the areas of Social Service financing, Public Finance Management Reform Integration of policy and budget process, Tax reform etc. , Private Sector Development, Development of Statistics and Aid Effectiveness. Working closely with Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Local Government Administration, Ministry of Public Administration, Statistical Office of Kosovo and Ministry of Trade and Industry.
* Represents the Europe and Central Asia Department staff in a Member Advisory Group with the DFID Senior Management;
* Contributes actively to a number of DFID Corporate White Papers
* Awarded three times by the Senior DFID management for personal contribution to DFID&;s work
* Preparation of briefing packages for various DFID visitors, including Ministers and Members of Parliament
* Preparation of replies for different Parliamentary Questions related to DFID
* Devised a monitoring framework for the DFID Kosovo Programme
* Contributed to the DFID Regional Monitoring Framework development
Member of DFID programme review team Management of programmes in the Central Government of Kosovo
Integrated Public Financial Management Reform Project of World Bank, European Commission and DFID in Sierra Leone:
* Participated in the project review of a $ million programme contributing to credibility and predictability, control and transparency of fiscal and budget management. The project will have a direct impact on statebuilding, strengthening the budgeting and planning cycle, identified as one of the key "survival functions" of the state of Sierra Leone.
NOS Dutch Public Broadcaster
* Report and write news stories for publication or broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
* Arrange interviews with people who can provide information about a particular story.
* Determine a story&;s emphasis, length, and format, and organize material accordingly.
* Research and analyze background information related to stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
* Gather information about events through research, interviews, experience, etc.
OSCE Kosovo Verification Mission In Kosovo
Political affairs officer
* Conduct research and prepare analytical material and assessments related to political developments Kosovo;
* Responsible for preparing draft briefing material for the head of Mission and other officials;
* Provide advice and support to the Mission on a variety of issues concerning political developments in Kosovo
Commercial trading company
Director and Owner
* Responsible for overall company management including dealings with clients and customers.