[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
STEPHEN M. C.
Peak Performer with a strong track record in multiple industries including domestic and international experience in operations, logistics, P&L oversight, project management, business and product development. Detailed understanding of supply chain, procurement and production environments. Skilled in analyzing existing operations and implementing the strategies, processes and technologies to improve productivity, efficiency and customer support. Teamoriented with a proven ability to work in a challenging, dynamic, fastpaced and stressful environment. Exceptional communication skills, teambuilding and demonstrated leadership ability to achieve organizational goals. Six Sigma Green Belt Certified.
EDUCATION AND RELATED TRAINING
Masters in Business Administration Central Michigan University, MI.
Command and General Staff College U.S. Army, Fort Leavenworth, KS.
Materiel Acquisition Management Course Logistics Management College, Fort Lee, VA.
KL Energy Corporation January / March
President and Chief Executive Officer
Lead operations and strategic direction with full responsibility of a small, publicly traded, early development Advanced Biofuels Technology company. Managed all aspects of operations by directing and coordinating the activities of professionals and technicians including engineers, business development, project managers, procurement, marketing and sales staff. Directed financial and legal aspects of SEC regulatory filings. Provided recurring updates on all business matters to the Board of Directors.
* Participated in fund raising activities resulting in $M capital investment in .
* During difficult market conditions restructured the organization resulting in a % cost reduction.
* Developed license technology strategy resulting in strategic partners and new markets in France, Finland, Colombia and Brazil.
* Drove the planning and successful execution in R&D and operational commercial scale up of our thermalmechanical, enzymatic pathway to convert woody biomass to cellulosic ethanol.
COO/VP for Project Development
Responsible for the overall administration and business operations to include strategic planning, business and project development, construction management, procurement, cost estimating and contract negotiations.
* Developed and coordinated the strategies to deliver multimillion dollar ethanol construction projects resulting in $.M revenues in .
* Core member of the team that developed and executed the strategy to take the company public through a Reverse Merger, Private Investment in a Public Entity PIPE transaction.
Responsible for the overall operations, production, maintenance, compliance, training, human resources, and financial performance of a corn to ethanol production plant.
* Supervised the construction, purchasing, outsourcing and plant expansion resulting in a % increase in production output.
* Directed improvements to standard operating procedures and implementation of Computerized Maintenance Management System CMMS resulting in improved maintenance, inventory accountability and reliability.
Program Manager/Senior Logistics Analyst
Program Manager in support of United States Northern Command USNORTHCOM Logistics Directorate. Responsible for directing, planning and organizing all contract deliverables, P&L, resources, daily operations and monthly reports to the Contracting Officer Representative COR. Support new business opportunities through white papers, marketing, proposal support and capture management efforts.
* Provided Homeland Defense and Interagency logistics research, data collection and capabilities/gap analysis of Federal Agencies. Conducted over separate interviews and researched many hundreds of documents, and data bases. Developed a webbased, "informationcentric" portal that contained logistics data and logistics decision support tools.
* Developed a logistics focused, catastrophic scenario which led to the first DoD interagency logistics tabletop exercise. Coordinated with over federal, joint, multijurisdictional state and local, and active and reserve component AC/RC entities.
* Member of the capture team for the USNORTHCOM Advisory and Assistance Service Contract.
Senior Logistics Analyst
Served as Senior Logistics Analyst, Iraqi Armed Forces Reconstruction Support Program, Office of Reconstruction and Humanitarian Assistance. Deployed to Kuwait and Iraq. Provided operational and logistical input to the strategic plan to put the Iraqi Armed Forces to work in the reconstruction effort in Iraq to include recruiting, training, equipping, sustaining and identifying future leaders in preparation for the Iraq Defense Reform effort.
UNITED STATES ARMY
Service Support Director /
Directed a multifunctional support squadron consisting of six separate subunits, Material Management Center and , specialized soldiers tasked with supporting customers within an annual operating budget of $.M. Senior logistician responsible for all aspects of logistical support to equip, transport, maintain, procure, supply chain management and sustain a heavy Armored Cavalry Regiment of , personnel and $.B of equipment.
* Supported logistical operations during six month deployment to Bosnia SFOR. Supervised maintenance and BASOPS operations at four sites throughout Bosnia. Operated centralized warehouse and commodity management for all SFOR operations.
* Deployed robust logistics support package to Ft. Irwin, CA NTC providing life support, rail operations, sustainment and logistical operations support in a desert environment.
* Following / deployed a tailored logistics support package in support of a Joint/MultiNational training exercise in Egypt. Coordinated all infrastructure build up operations to include rail and port operations, establishing logistics pipeline to support and sustain operations, base security and life support activities.
Deputy Director /
Secondincommand of an Area Support Group directing the commander&;s staff, civilian directorates and subunits. Responsible for coordinating internal and external support strategies, action plan implementation and managing monthly/quarterly briefings and corporate performance reports.
* Implemented a formal supply chain management inventory monitoring system including Measures of Effectiveness MOE for a tactical warehouse resulting in the selection as best warehouse operations in United States Europe.
* Established logistics distribution port operations in Italy and Albania providing reception, staging and onward movement support to Task Force Hawk during initial entry of U.S. Forces into Kosovo KFOR.
Secretary to the General Staff Executive Assistant /
Coordinated the Commanding General&;s front and back office activities, protocol, and the tracking of all executive correspondence throughout the headquarters. Coordinated the Commanding General&;s efforts associated with short and long term strategic goals.
Material Management Director /
Managed the integration, policies, procedures and logistics support for U.S. Army forces stationed in Italy. Supervised commodity managers in maintenance, supply, transportation, procurement, and automation management.
* Served as principle logistics director J to the JTF Commander during deployments to Africa in support of Operations Guardian Retrieval and Guardian Assistance. Developed the logistics pipeline and infrastructure to sustain operations. Responsible for Base Operations to include housing, sustainment, supply, procurement, maintenance and transportation.
* CoChaired the excess management review resulting in identifying and filing shortages within the organization resulting in a $.M savings.
Executive Director /
Secondincommand of personnel in four companies providing maintenance, supply, medical, transportation and procurement services to a brigade task force of , personnel.
* Deployed over personnel and over vehicles to Ft Polk, LA JRTC then coordinated all life support and sustainment during a joint/combined arms air assault operation for days.
Support Operations Director /
Directed the Logistics operations staff with responsibility for direct support maintenance, supply chain management, medical, transportation, procurement and warehouse operations for a brigade task force of , personnel.
* Increased logistics capabilities through the integration of several field logistics systems and national systems into daily operations. Reduced repair parts inventory at a savings of $, and reduced receipt processing time by %.
* Developed concept of support during deployments to Ft. Irwin, CA NTC and during an Early Deployment Readiness Exercise EDRE, which validated our Force Projection capabilities to deploy in hours.
Logistics Plans and Operations Coordinator /
Responsible for planning and coordinating all logistical requirements supply, maintenance, transportation, services in support of a Rapid Deployment Force.
* Provided logistics analysis and force structure supportability during the review of BosniaHerzegovina Operational Plan OPLAN.
Assistant Project Manager PEO Medium Truck Program /
Project manager for the prototype testing and evaluation of the Army Family of Medium Tactical Vehicle FMTV truck program. Coordinate with Tank Automotive Command TACOM matrix support team to ensure all logistics, engineering, risk assessment, quality, procurement, and production taskings are accomplished.
* Spearheaded the TEMP operational test phase, determining design validation of prototype testing for the Army FMTV truck program. Reviewed contractor data CDRL deliverables. Monitored costs, schedule, performance, Engineer Change Proposals ECP, Integrated Logistics Support ILS, contractor performance, and reported on contractor progress.
* Coordinated the urgent diversion of over , MA trucks, and package assembly for the Total Package Fielding to support Operation Desert Shield/Strom.