[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Results Oriented Executive with Proven Technical and Operations Expertise
Highenergy, professional with over years experience in operations both in the US and Europe. Specializing in returning companies to profitability. Extensive responsibility for Research and Development, Continuous Improvement / Total Quality Management, Distribution, Supply Chain and Logistics. Excellent abilities in directing, leading and motivating organizational teams. Expert in implementing continuous improvement principles to deliver maximum results.
SUMMARY OF KEY EXPERIENCES
World Class Operations Leader leveraging knowledge and expertise in operational excellence to solidify direction, drive cost savings, optimize product delivery and establish competitive advantage for global operations.
* Extensive operations and facility experience in continuous improvement, total quality management, procurement, maintenance, logistics and strategic planning.
* Highly diverse individual with multi cultural background who understands and relates to cultures all over the world.
* Bilingual in Spanish and English as well as culturally savvy. Have dual US and European citizenship.
* Functioned as liaison manager between American and Mexican manufacturing facilities as well as between U.S. and European proving grounds.
* Highly astute in rules and regulations for international operations international factory and maquiladora.
* Passionate about continuous improvement, motivational management and team building.
* Implemented QS / ISO / ISO quality systems.
* Assumed full operations responsibility for two European plants with over , employees with a year loss history, turning them around to profitability of $ million.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Master of Engineering/Operations Management Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah Emphasis: Lean Management and International Operations │ Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah Emphasis: Design for Manufacturing, Electric Vehicles, Composites and Waste Management │ Automotive Engineering Industrial Technology Institute, Caracas, Venezuela
Emphasis: Diesel and Ethanol Combustion │ Total Quality Management Certification Honda Motor Corporation
│ Operational Excellence Certification Honda Motor Corporation │ World Class Operations Certification MARC.
Main Consultant BB Synergy Carlsbad, California & Barcelona, Catalonia Present
Operational Excellence and field services Clear Edge Power, Hillsboro, OR & California Region
Full responsibility for Operational Excellence, Quality and Field Services
* Provide coordination of effort with internal customers, Design, and Manufacturing while providing regular status updates to key customers.
* Implement ISO / ISO quality systems as well as continuous improvement best practices.
* Identify and cultivate improvement opportunities by applying "Lean Thinking," and operate within approved budgets.
* Develop key performance indicators KPIs for company review and evaluation ensuring continuous improvement.
* Manage technical resources to provide ongoing support to production operations, transition products from design to manufacturing.
* Responsible for project management and field services in the California region.
Director of Operations /Lean Consultant HayesLemmerz Int, Chihuahua, DF, Mexico & La Mirada, CA
Full operations responsibility for Mexican plants with employees and $ million in annual sales.
* Played a major role in turnaround of facility with fouryear loss history to profitability in three months.
* Improved process flow and facility layout to achieve continuous improvement in manufacturing.
* Planned and directed production activities and established production priorities.
* Coordinated the activities and manufacturing programs to ensure process and product improvement.
* Developed new OEM business worth $ million annually.
* Played a key role in successful merger of Mexican and U.S operations and cultures, integrating US best practices and continuous improvement in manufacturing processes.
Director of Operations /Lean Consultant Todomold Industries, Barcelona, Spain & Zaragoza, Spain
Full operations responsibility for Spanish plants with over , employees and $ million in annual sales.
* Focused on KPIs for safety, quality and production standards resulting in improved process flow by reducing scrap/runoff material from % to %
* Using Continuous Improvement methods, supervised implementation of TQM and logistics improvement and reduced setup and tool change times by %.
* Controlled flow of materials and utilization of labor to ensure adequate production improvements.
* Reduced transport costs and improved manufacturing process by decreasing down time on each line.
* Played a key role in successful integration of European Spanish and U.S. operations and cultures by creating and delivering training and mentoring programs.
Quality and LIAISON PROVING Ground manager Michelin Americas Corp., Greenville, SC
Functioned as liaison between U.S. and European proving grounds.
* Played a key role in successful technical and personnel merger of European Spanish, French and U.S. testing operations.
* Implemented TQM as well as QS / ISO best practices, coordinating efforts between facilities in the US, Spain and France.
* Ensured culture of high performance and involvement at both facilities by providing training and mentoring programs.
* Developed GPS/wireguided equipment and automated vehicles to improve efficiency.
* Developed marketing show strategies for International end users.
Americas operations manager Honda Motor Corporation, North and South America
Followed a career path that evolved from motorcycle assembly to automotive production of automobile plants.
* Organized international importing/exporting activities with suppliers in Latin America.
* Responsible for motorcycle assembly line, layout, equipment and process improvement.
* Coordinated motorcycle assembly line at Honda of Venezuela with responsibility for personnel, quality control, materials planning, and equipment.
* Key player for motorcycle and car assembly line. First successful automotive "implant" in the USA.
* Served as a liaison between the Americas for Honda Motor Corporation.
* Responsible for overall operations of plants in Mexico, Brazil and Venezuela.
* Developed supply chain network. Coordinated with Honda management in Marysville OH, including supply chain processes using TQM and operational excellence principles.