[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Naimish S. U.
S. Staples St. Apt
Corpus Christi, TX
Seeking a full time opening level position in Sustainability / Climate Change Consulting.
M.S. Environmental Science & Policy, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL. /
Concentration: Environmental Management GPA: .
Relevant Coursework: Green Infrastructure and Sustainable Communities, Societal Law and Sustainable Enterprise, Environmental Law.
Diploma in Environmental Management & ISO / distance learning, /
National Institute of Labour Education & Management, Chennai, India.
M.Sc. Environmental Science, Sardar Patel University, Anand, India. /
B.Sc. Biotechnology, Saurashtra University, Rajkot, India. /
* Collaborated with the City of Clearwater, FL to inventory local GreenhouseGas emission activities and reduction initiatives, conduct internal government survey and a successful public stakeholder meeting, and carry out a mock audit for `Green Local Government&; designation Florida Green Building Coalition.
* Assisted a major private landowner and developer in Florida in analysing current land development policies in the state, identifying sustainable developmental alternatives and identifying opportunities for carbon sequestration/carbon credits.
* Provided sustainable development consulting to the City of Tampa, FL, that included
reviewing the city&;s sustainability efforts and developing environmental education strategies
through examining case studies and conducting internal survey of city employees.
* Worked with the University of South Florida administration to develop innovative and cost effective ideas in designing the first LEEDcertified building on its Tampa campus as well as identifying funding opportunities for the project.
* Environmental Certifications: Familiar with various green certifications/audit systems, including those by GRI Global Reporting Initiative, ISO International Organization for Standardization, U.S. Green Building CouncilLEED, Florida Green Building Coalition etc.
* GIS Skills: Familiar with Geographical Information Systems softwares ArcGIS and ArcView; GIS tools such as D Analyst, Spatial Analyst and Statistical Tools; environmental applications of GIS including habitat analysis and land use analysis.
* Computer Skills: Proficient with Mac, PC, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Works and Internet.
Graduate Instructional Assistant, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL //
* Assisted the professors in classroom teaching, developed online course content, graded exams, answered student queries in Environmental Science, Earth Systems Science and World Regional Geography undergraduate classes.
Adjunct Instructor, Shri Virani Science College, Rajkot, India //
* Independently taught Environmental Science and Environmental Biotechnology undergraduate classes, conducted laboratory experiments, developed course syllabi, assisted in administrative duties.
Student Trainee summer intern, TATA Chemicals Ltd., Mithapur, India /
* In the Environmental Management Systems department, assisted in carrying out Safety, Health and Environment SHE audits in the company, including ISO , British Safety Council OHSAS and Global Reporting Initiatives GRI.
* Carried out daily environmental monitoring in soda ash and cement manufacturing plants including air and effluent sampling, laboratory analysis of samples and determining regulatory compliance.
Green Local Governments in Florida: An Analysis of Sustainability and Green Building Policies
* Carried out surveybased analysis of local sustainability and green building policies in `Green Local Government&; certified cities and counties in Florida, involving interviewing city and county environmental/sustainability officials.
The Influence of Water Relations on Heavy Metal Dynamics and Toxicity in Hyperaccumulators
* Analysed the effects of changing irrigation schedules on the phytoremediation properties of Portulaca oleracea L. and Collacasia esculentum L. growing in Copper and Cadmium contaminated soils respectively.
CO AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACHIEVEMENTS:
* Awarded University Gold Medal for achieving first rank in M.Sc. Environmental Science from Sardar Patel University, Anand, India .
* Presented research paper and poster at state and national level conferences.
* Served as CoChair of Emerging Green Builders chapter at the University of South Florida ; helped organize a panel discussion and other green building events across campus.
* Active member of Student Taskforce on Sustainability at the University of South Florida; collaborated with university administrators to improve campus sustainability efforts, including contributing to creating the campus GHG inventory.
* Served as Student Ambassador of Students of India Association at the University of South Florida ; collaborated with the university&;s Multicultural Office to promote Indian culture on campus.
Professional references available on request.