[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
JENNIFER L. C.
Heather Lane, Unit ♦ Middleburg Heights, Ohio
Passed HR Certification Institute Professional in Human Resources PHR Exam January
Master&;s Degree of Human Resources Management HRMBA
BaldwinWallace College, Berea, Ohio
Honor Society: Alpha Sigma Lambda
Bachelor of ArtsBusiness Administration, Magna cum Laude
Certificate in Human Resource Management
BaldwinWallace College, Berea, Ohio
Key Coursework: Staffing and Development, Compensation Management, Behavioral Theories in Management, Business Ethics, Organizational Behavior, and Employment Law
Associate&;s DegreeBusiness Administration
Certificate in Paralegal Studies
Cuyahoga Community College, Parma, Ohio
Elyria Foundry, Elyria, Ohio July August
Human Resources Associate temporary placement through Office Team
* Coordinated all temporary staffing needs completing preemployment screenings, background checks, and administered onsite drug screens.
* Worked with site operations managers and supervisors to recruit and interview hourly employees and assisted with salaried recruiting, placing job ads, and recruiting using social media sites.
* Administered new hire orientations and ensured training and onboarding process were complete.
* Administered and maintained benefits programs, assisted employees with benefits, and completed enrollments, updates, and terms.
Riddell All American Sports, Elyria, Ohio November April
Human Resources Generalist temporary placement through Amotec, Inc.
* Responded directly with routine HR inquiries.
* Maintained employee personnel files in accordance with company policies and government regulations.
* Counseled employees on benefit plans, enrolled employees or cancelled benefits when necessary.
* Managed and processed unemployment claims, medical support orders, and other required processes from numerous Department of Human Services.
* Assisted in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
* Assisted with necessary hiring policies such as background checks and distribution of new hire forms.
* Coordinated all STD/FMLA documentation, tracked STD/FMLA leaves and hours used and was key contact.
* Processed and reviewed monthly billing from various insurance providers and used SAP to request purchase orders.
Presrite Corporation, Cleveland, Ohio June July
Human Resources Assistant temporary placement through Alliance Staffing
* Created and maintained employee files including new hires, changes, terminations, unemployment, and Worker&;s Compensation for two manufacturing plants.
J. C. Resume Pg.
* Assisted with new hire orientations and assisted with new hire paperwork.
* Maintained applicant flow log related to affirmative action.
* Entered data into the HRIS system for vacations, sick time, FMLA tracking, updated title, pay and shift.
Berea Children&;s Home and Family Services, Berea, Ohio June June
Human Resources Intern
* Entered applicant data into HRIS system for Affirmative Action purposes and forwarded resumes.
* Filed resumes and assisted with recruitment efforts, screened applicants over the phone.
* Updated job opportunities hotline and website, attended job fairs for recruiting purposes.
* Assisted all Human Resources staff with various training and recruiting projects.
* Monitored employee injury reports and prepared BWC paperwork.
* Tracked unemployment claims, responded to claims, and assigned to appropriate cost center.
* Created Affirmative Action and Job Group Analysis documents for the agency.
Moskal Gross Orchosky, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio January November
* Created procedures manuals for training purposes.
* Provided internal and external customer service to clients regarding their k retirement plans.
* Prepared deposits, processed wire transfers, maintained client lists, & sent monthly portfolio performance to clients.
NatCity Investments, Cleveland, Ohio October December
* Processed IRA & k distributions monitored & reviewed distribution & contribution forms.
* Calculated Required Minimum Distributions and set up periodic distribution/contribution requests.
* Provided internal customer service to brokers, the Investment Services Group, and was a liaison between First Clearing Corp. and National City Branches to resolve problems & issues.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & ACTIVITIES
* Society for Human Resource Management SHRM
* Cleveland SHRM
+ NOHRC Sponsorship Committee member
+ Arnetta J. Moore Certification Scholarship recipient
* BaldwinWallace MBA Alumni Association
* BaldwinWallace SHRM Member
+ Vice President of Merit
* Northern Ohio Human Resources Conference
+ Volunteer &
* Alpha Sigma LambdaAdult Honor Society Scholarship winner
+ Community Outreach Cochair
+ Scholarship and new member committees, New student orientation volunteer
Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook, Lexis, Westlaw, Credit Commander, Morningstar, various mainframes, Advisors Assistant, EDrawer, AS, BETA, Smart Station, SAP, People Soft, ADPHRB, PayExpert, EZ Labor, Kronos, ABRA, & various HRIS.