[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
JOHN P. M.
Oaklynn Place, Glen Rock, NJ
Human Resources Generalist/Manager with an extensive background in Human Resources
Management Systems. Known to be fair, honest, and objective. Leads by example and creates
bonds within an organization. Strategic business partner to local and corporate management.
Recognized as the “go to” expert on people, business problems, and HR systems support by both
senior management and colleagues. Interacts effectively with all levels of management. Develops
and implements corporate policies and procedures. Specific strengths and achievements in the
|Business Partner |Compensation and Benefits |
|Human Resource Information Systems |Staffing and Recruiting |
|Organization Development |Policies and Procedures |
|Employee/Labor Relations |EEO and Affirmative Action |
|Performance Management | |
• Conducted data analysis of manpower resources in support of corporatewide business
• Presented recommendations to senior management on manpower requirements affecting hiring and
downsizing of staff, which were accepted and subsequently acted upon.
• Implemented a corporatewide management succession planning process that resulted in identifying key
manager talent and training needs for the company.
HR Management Systems
• Led the team effort in the design and implementation of all HR transactional and reporting
interfaces during the installation of a new corporatewide PeopleSoft HRMS system. This
effort led to the integration of HR, benefits, and payroll data/activity under a common
framework. The framework continues to be an integral part of an expanding system used
throughout the company.
• Modified and successfully transitioned over Payroll, HR, and benefits reports and interfaces to a CSS
Horizon System, utilizing ReportSmith and SQR report writer.
• Assisted in the development of a webbased process to record flex enrollment activity, which resulted in
increased efficiency and accuracy during the annual enrollment process.
Organization Development and Training
• Collaborated with management, legal, and operations representatives to redesign and
restructure the organization. The redesign and restructuring resulted in the reduction of
costs without negatively impacting the company’s business. Activities included
consolidation of work, outsourcing certain functions, and eliminating redundant positions.
• Thwarted two union organization attempts at a parts distribution warehouse.
Accomplished this through a very successful employee awareness campaign providing
wage, benefit and work environment comparison information to employees.
• Resolved operational and employee relations issues for a population of over employees, which resulted
in increased productivity and morale.
• Established a strong working relationship of trust and cooperation with union delegates to accomplish high
productivity results, while maintaining a cooperative and motivated workforce in a retail outlet and a
• Acted as the primary company contact with Local of the Teamsters, representing clerical and warehouse
• Designed and implemented a reduction program to meet the Union criteria and successfully reduced staff
from employees to , while adhering to the difficult contract provision of bumping.
Compensation and Benefits
• Developed and implemented a new annual performance management and salary review
process to ensure compatibility with a newly implemented PeopleSoft HRIS System. The
procedure allowed for the automated processing of compensation data via MS Excel and
uploading to the HRIS system. This continues to be the standard process used throughout
• Provided direction and support to regional offices and the National Call Center to ensure internal and
external salary parity and to ensure positions were slotted in the appropriate salary ranges. This activity
ensured that equity existed within the employee populations and that pay rates were appropriate to local
• Led the corporatewide initiative to reevaluate positions and to ensure they were in compliance with the
new FLSA regulations. Implemented major changes to sales rep classifications. This project also resulted in
the compilation of a corporatewide job description database and the releveling of specific positions.
Staffing and Recruiting
• Performed staffing/ recruitment for all levels within organizations and across multiple
• Implemented new corporate Career Website and an associated company hosted ATS system.
• Successfully utilized cost effective approaches to recruiting, while attracting and subsequently acquiring
high quality motivated employees with zero agency fees.
• Researched and implemented the use of a resume aggregator for searching various databases on the Internet
including social media.
• Utilized computer based appraisal system and coached management on performance based
• Consulted with management in the preparation of performance improvement and development plans, which
led to higher productivity and employee accountability.
Policies and Procedures
• Developed, wrote, and revised existing company policies to adhere to state and federal
EEO and Affirmative Action
• Raised the level of employee and management awareness about EEO policies and
initiatives and the delivery of relevant training programs. Elevating the level of awareness
resulted in concerns being brought to Human Resources for resolution early thus reducing
// Director, Human Resources VMS of America, L.P., New York, NY
// Manager, Human Resources Panasonic Corp. of N. America,
Senior Human Resource Consultant CIGNAÊInternational–Systems,
MBA, Human Resources and Industrial Relations Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, NJ
BS, Business Management Saint Francis University, Loretto, PA
Various company sponsored management training courses
MS Office Suite:
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access
• CSS HRizon, PeopleSoft, Abra HR, ReportSmith, Crystal Reports, Cyber Recruiter ATS,
National Society for Human Resource Management SHRM
AA/EEO compliance, AAP, EEOC, OFCCP, FLSA, FMLA, OWBPA, career development,
change management, compliance, federal, state, people skills, resolving conflict, employment law,
project management, reporting, verbal communication, conduct investigations, Data analysis,
diversity initiatives, employee relations, employment, generalist, health and welfare benefits,
manpower planning, RIF, cost containment and reduction, organization design, policy and
procedures, relocation, reorganization, retention, safety and health, staffing, succession planning,
talent acquisition, training and development, wage and salary administration, employee
orientation, performance evaluations, salary reviews, job descriptions, interview, K, ERISA,
COBRA, analytical, multitasking, articulate, energetic, confidential and sensitive issues,
interpersonal skills, self motivated, team player, consumer electronics, property and casualty
insurance, hospital, health care, create employee engagement, manage change.