[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Maria K. M.
Edinburgh Lane Aurora, IL ..
Maria K. M.
Edinburgh Lane Aurora, IL ..
Driving business results through innovation in program design, delivery, management and marketing
A dynamic thought leader and inspiring communicator offering successful record of problem solving strategies which led to multimillion dollar increased revenue, cost savings, organizational change initiatives, increased employee engagement, and customer satisfaction. Published researcher, trainer, and policy analyst with an innate ability to identify opportunities, optimize resources, and develop effective alliances among communities and within organizations at all levels.
Marketing and Business Development
* New business initiative led to revenue gain of $, containing various training programs and conferences
* Optimized training strategies and created partnerships to significantly reduce training costs; increased value of organizational training dollars from % to %, through appropriate pipeline alignment to increase career promoteability
* Persuaded top Navy leadership to triple funding for proactive leadership training and team building
* Implemented marketing plan that increased training enrollment by % through multilevel partnerships, press releases, webpage enhancements, and alignment with strategic objectives
* Created strategic alliances and led cross functional teams in developing powerful advisory boards, statewide coalitions, targeted task forces, local policy influencing councils, and building community relationships through forums, community education conferences and shared marketing messaging
* Generated operational revenue for the employee performance enhancement training project from $K to $K
* Provided thought leadership and subject matter expertise through writing, publishing and presenting at local, national, and international conferences on the topics of leadership, change management, retirement, career transitions, behavioral science, older workers, and talent development
Organizational Learning and Development Leadership
* Identified and implemented process improvement strategy resulting in cost savings of $, and improved customer satisfaction and retention
* Influenced senior leadership in organizational change processes by investing in new technology system and personnel to improve customer satisfaction, retention, and graduation rates by %
* Successfully navigated political landscape to implement cross functional system wide change initiatives across all levels of the organization to improve customer satisfaction and increase revenue
* Collaborated with multilevel leadership of + divisions to provide stellar customer service in registration and improve employee engagement through utilization of performance enhancement training
* Transformed employee engagement through continuous quality reviews, career coaching, and job reassessments
* Enhanced leadership skills, team building, and employee performance through assessing and coaching the Keirsey Bates temperament sorter, Myers Briggs Type Indicator, True Colors, Multiple Intelligence and Strengths Finders tools
* Experienced virtual instructor with use of Centra, Blackboard, Go to Meeting, video conferencing and early use of the original Web Course in a Box
Program Development, Design and Management
* Increased employee engagement nationwide through creating best practice models and policies for flexible work options in collaboration with employers as a contractor in the Flex Options demonstration project of the Women&;s Bureau, U.S. Department of Labor
* Exceeded program standards of external reviewers ranging from professional regulation groups, contractor inspectors, and accreditation teams
* Impacted the local economy and businesses through community education conferences with + participants on financial security, preparing for the mature workforce, flexible work options, career development, retirement planning, lifelong learning, wellbeing and positive aging
* Strategic organizational assessment, continuous quality improvement, and use of the ADDIE process transformed PREVENT Great Lakes to the largest training site worldwide
* Influenced the largest Naval technical school to include the health and wellness programming in the engineering school training pipeline requirements which resulted in increased productivity, retention, and cost reductions
* M. M. page /
M. M. page /
Responding to a need for transformation of course quality, spearheaded talent recruitment to meet Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs ACBSP standards resulting in increased customer satisfaction
As a learning and organization development leader, researched, assessed, gained "buy in" , developed, and implemented major organizational change projects and learning initiatives within various settings including: education, community programs, government, nonprofits, corporate and military training.
Adjunct Full Professor / Faculty Coordinator M.B.A./ M.A. programs: Walker School of Business and Technology,
Webster University, Metropolitan Chicago, IL now
Led the process and policies related to the recruitment and onboarding of new employees including: recruitment strategies, coaching, research project review and internship mentoring. Wrote and taught graduate level courses in Training and Development, Diversity in the Workplace, Interpersonal and Organizational Communication, Career Management, The Woman Manager, Organizational Behavior, and Business Communication and Technology.
Director: Center for Positive Aging
National Louis University, Chicago area campuses
Served as operational and administrative leader who created a new entrepreneurial revenue generating educational center targeting midcareer professionals, early retirees, and organizations response to the baby boomers Created objectives, designed, wrote, and implemented academic curriculum and professional certificate of aging studies with a team of external professional evaluators and learning professionals which resulted in an initial launch of + students, a wait list for professional certification and $, revenue . Grant writer and fundraiser with proven results of grant attainment and sponsorship funding for programming.
Assistant Dean: College of Arts and Sciences, National Louis University
Chicago and International Campuses
Programming and operations for a member instructional team in FF and virtual learning environments for traditional and adult college students. Fiscal responsibility for $. million revenue generating accelerated learning division and the largest undergraduate degree program. Technological leader for content management system of the college web site of departments in collaboration with the university technology committee, office of information technology, and content providers. Learning and development leader for onboarding and quality improvement of an + adjunct faculty.
Assistant Professor and Academic Coordinator: National Louis University
Metropolitan Chicago, IL &
Provided administration management through talent recruitment, development, scheduling, assignment, and evaluation of + instructors for + learning cohorts. Designed, developed and evaluated undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral courses with FF, virtual and web enhanced instructional technology in the following content areas: group dynamics, adult learning, interpersonal communication, professional communication, management and supervisory behavior, leadership and organizational change, applied research, and multicultural dimensions.
Training and Managing Director: PREVENTPersonal Responsibility Values Education and Training Health and Wellness Program
Great Lakes Naval Training Station, IL
Provided program operations for a proactive, performance health and wellness enhancement training program servicing + yearly participants. Increased productivity and reduced risks through advising the Naval Training Station&;s executive level Navy Drug and Alcohol Advisory Council on health related trends with recommendations for improvement.
Walden University, Minneapolis, MN Doctorate of Philosophy
Major: Applied Management and Decision Science Specialization: Leadership and Organizational Change
Ball State University, Muncie, IN Master of Arts
Major: Organizational Communication Emphasis: Training, Development, & Consulting
Ball State University, Muncie, IN Bachelor of Science
Major: Journalism Minor: Marketing and Public Health
University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point Certified Worksite Wellness Specialist