Simi Valley, California
OBJECTIVE: To work with a worldclass Human Resources team, highly valued and respected by both
management and employees, delivering measurable bottom line results.
• MS – Human Resource Management, Chapman University, Orange, CA
• BS – Business Management and Administration, Chapman University, Orange, CA
• AAS – Information Systems Management, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, AL
• SPHR – Senior Professional in Human Resources, Human Resources Certification Institute
• SPHRCA – SPHR California Certified, Human Resources Certification Institute
• MyersBriggs Type Indicator, by Type Resources Inc.
• Habits of Highly Effective People, by the FranklinCovey Institute
• Certified Trainer, by Achieve Global Zenger Miller
Human Resources Manager:
• Managed employee performance management programs for over years, providing training for
managers, ensuring evaluations were completed ontime and within strict standards.
• Implemented several recognition programs at Rocketdyne, including a very successful lowcost peer
recognition program, boosting morale and productivity among employees.
• Coordinated Wellpoint’s first online United Way campaign, introducing ePledge, at multiple sites
across the United States, doubling the previous year total over $.m.
• Provided Employee Relations services for an employee client base, within a , employee
population, quickly responding to ER issues, dramatically reducing the risks of costly lawsuits.
• Facilitated the merger of U.S. Air Force launch program offices into one, then reduced workforce by
%, while doubling the launch rate, while keeping quality and morale high, while driving costs down.
• At Boeing, worked with several unions to build and maintain positive labor relations. Worked with a
group of “disgruntled” workers, resolving numerous conflicts, preventing a union from organizing.
Training and Organizational Development:
• Designed and delivered a comprehensive interactive week sales training course at Ownit Mortgage
for $,, enabling new employees to produce loans, funding $,,.
• At Blue Cross, Trained over supervisors in HR policies, procedures and HR “best practices”
proactively reducing ER issues, resulting in improved productivity and employee survey results.
• At WMC Mortgage, created a training department as company grew from to , people in three
years, at locations across the United States, increasing the company’s value from $m to over
• Created Training Qualification Standards TQS for technicians responsible for explosive powder
production, product assembly, explosive powder loading, and molding injections, producing initiators
for airbags. Result: Significantly contributed to the consistent production of products, enabling the
company to become ISO certified.
• Managed training and development for , people at locations in California and Arizona, in a
hour, highhazard, lean manufacturing environment with a diverse work force. Designed and