[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
A. Jr. Tony
A Senior Recruiter specializing in full
lifecycle recruitment of technical and nontechnical candidates. Responsibilities
included candidate sourcing, interviewing, negotiating and closing,
reference checking, and applicant tracking of a variety of candidates
for projects with security clearance requirements. Accustom to providing
metrics to the Upper Management and Staffing Manager to include: candidates’
status throughout interviews, offers, starts, and requisition activity,
time to fill. Coordinates with hiring managers to determine recruiting
needs and staffing plans for proposals and existing contracts and builds
strategies for quick turnaround and successful hiring of highly qualified
candidates. Develops innovative and established methodologies and strategies
to acquire and retain talent. Accustomed to utilizing the applicant
tracking to track the requisitions and applicants’ flow to ensure
legal compliance with corporate and government regulations i.e. AAP,
EEOC, OFCCP and ATS SOPs requirements are met.
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
/ – / BAE Systems Inc. King
SENIOR TECHNICAL RECRUITER
• As the lead recruiter supported the
Joint Expeditionary Forensic Facilities JEFF, the Weapons Technical
Intelligence Dissemination and Analysis Cells WTI DAC Collection,
Management and Dissemination CM&D initiative in direct support
to theater explosive exploitation TEX assets, the Joint Warfare Analysis
Center JWAC, and the TOMAHAWK program.
• Plan, communicate, and coordinate
critical and immediate needs for manpower staffing with managers.
• Recruited, identified, prescreened, interviewed, and evaluated all
applicants to ensure they meet the qualifications for the position prior
to scheduling an interview with the hiring managers.
• Present candidates for manager interviews and plan interview schedules.
• Coordinated the hiring process to include manager approval.
• Managed, coordinated and submitted the paperwork for reference,
security clearance, drug screening, and background checks on all new
• Develop necessary recruitment resources and network for immediate
responsiveness to manpower requirements.
• Developed strategies to attract and source qualified applicants
for professional, technical and managerial job vacancies.
/ – / AT Solutions, Inc. Fredericksburg, Virginia
SENIOR TECHNICAL RECRUITER Contract
• Reported directly to the Director of Recruiting. Recruiting for
the most highly motivated and qualified professionals in the Anti/Counter
• Consults with Human Resources and hiring managers regarding the
skill sets to be acquired and develop an appropriate recruiting plan
by implementing creative sourcing strategies as needed for difficult
to fill positions.
• Develop and maintain relationships with external professional and
military transitioning organizations, including those affiliated with
diversity outreach, utilizing them for sourcing.
• Coordinate placement of ads and coordinates activities with ad agencies
and contingency or retained search firms when required.
• Coached Managers in providing feedback to candidates, developing
offers, determining competencies and coordinating and training interview
panels when required.
• Attend and represent the company at job fairs, conferences and networking
• Develop proactive sourcing strategies and created and maintained
candidate pipelines as needed.
• Accountable for legal compliance in recruiting activity and for
ensuring AAP, EEO and ATS SOPs requirements are met.
• An extremely perceptive person capable of relating to individuals
at all levels.
/ – / VSE Corporation Alexandria, Virginia
Senior Technical Recruiter / Corporate
Recruiter / HR Administrator
• Filled over requisitions in ½ years while employed with VSE
• Averaged over hires per month.
• In August to September , filled a total of requisitions for
• Supported managers on different contracts RCV Modernization
Program, Mine Resistant – Ambush Protected MRAP Joint Logistics
Integrator JLI Program, Task Order and ManTech W RC & W
MRAP Bridge .
• Assisted on proposal teams in support of the Army Prepositioned
Stocks APS – Kuwait and Afghanistan contracts.
• Supported hiring managers for IT, Contracts, Accounting, and Corporate
• Supported the R contract for Engineering and Logistics Division
ELD and assisted managers.
• Organized and facilitated the overseas employment processing procedures
to all new hires selected for overseas assignment as required or designated
by company policies, CONUS Replacement Center CRC and Mine Resistant
– Ambush Protected MRAP University.
• Familiar in coordinating placement of ads and coordinate activities
with ad agencies
• Conducted new hire employee orientation
scheduling for personnel related activities.
• Consulted with management on current
and future staffing needs for key or highlevel professional positions
to identify job requirements, potential candidates and interview guides.
• Sources, screens and interviews applicants
from both internal and external sources.
• Coordinated interview schedule with
• Conducted reference and background
checks, assisted hiring managers in evaluating applicants’ qualification
and in the selection of the most qualified candidates.
• Prepared and extends job offer package
to selected candidate.
•.Facilitates the newhire process
including orientation, coordination of physical examinations/drug testing
and ensuring the appropriate and timely processing of newhire paperwork.
• Provided leadership and work guidance
to less experienced personnel.
/ – / Northrop Grumman
Corporation Fairfax, Virginia
SENIOR TECHNICAL RECRUITER
• Supported the John Johnston Army
Training Team contract and worked with hiring managers.
• As the lead recruiter Vinnell Corporation supported both the Qatar
Security and Qatar Transportation contracts.
• Also supported Vinnell Arabia with
recruiting efforts for the Saudi Arabia National Guard SANG and Fort
Irwin Logistics Support Services contracts assisted hiring managers.
• Sourced for qualified candidates for new and existing government
and nongovernment contracts.
• Made hiring offers and negotiated salaries with selected candidates.
• Administered the employment processing procedures to all potential
• Accustom to traveling throughout the U.S. to visit military transitioning
organizations TAPs and ACAPs, attend Job Fairs and networking events.
/ – / United States Navy NRS Beaufort, SC / NRD JAX, FL
• Ranked by the company as the recruiter
in the district. The district consisted of States Florida, Georgia
and South Carolina.
• Nominated several times for the Recruiter of the Year.
• Selected as Nuclear Recruiter of the Quarter and Nuclear Recruiter
of the Year.
• Meritoriously advanced by the company to the next rank in result
of outstanding recruiting efforts.
• Earned Twelve Gold Wreath awards for outstanding performance.
• Selected by the company to train and support junior recruiters in
their recruiting efforts.
• Recognized as the driving force for the office’s overthetopproduction%
New Contract Objective, % goal attainment and % of the ethnic
goals, which resulted in his selection to Recruiter of the Year.
• Achieved % of New Contract goals in one month – a district
record. Office recognized as the Districts Best Medium Office for June
• Personal recruiting efforts lead office to recognition as the company’s
Best Medium Office in the Nation on different occasions ,
• Managed volunteers from various agencies in support of a Career
Day at the local high schools.
• Organized and directed personnel in recruiting support/efforts
of the Navy Blue Angel Air Show onboard the Marine Corps Air Station
MCAS Beaufort, SC
• Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Business Management
Strayer University, Washington
SPECIAL SKILLS / OTHER INFORMATION
• U.S. Passport Current
• Fluent in English, Spanish and limited in Arabic
• Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Familiar with Hodes, Cyber Recruiter, RITS, and Taleo applicant
tracking systems ATS.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL
• Leadership from the Core, Northrop Grumman,
• Certified Counselor, U.S. Dept. of
• Certified ComputerPeripheralEquipment Operator, U.S. Dept. of
• Persuasive Communication, Decision
• American Legion, member since
• Northern Virginia Military Officers
Association of America MOAA Business and Networking Group BANG,
• Society of Human Resources Management SHRM Alexandria, member
• Veterans of Foreign Wars VFW, member since
ACTIVE MILITARY SERVICE
United States Navy / – /
MILITARY AWARDS / MEDALS / DECORATIONS
Joint Service Commendation, Navy Commendation, Navy Achievement Lieu
of th Award, Combat Action Ribbon, Good Conduct Lieu of th Award,
Navy Expeditionary, National Defense Lieu of nd Award, Armed Forces
Expeditionary Lieu of rd Award, Southwest Asia Service Lieu of nd
Award, Armed Forces Service Lieu of rd Award, Navy Overseas Lieu
of rd Award, US Coast Guard Special Ops Lieu of nd Award , Navy
Recruiting Service Lieu of rd Award, United Nation, Joint Multinational
Peacekeeping Force Beirut, Lebanon, Kuwait Liberation Saudi Arabia
and Kuwait, Expert Rifleman and Pistol Shot.
I have experience living abroad i.e.
Spain and Panama. I made several major deployments to the Middle East,
Europe and the Pacific. Deployments consisted in support of Beirut,
Lebanon, Bosnia, Sarajevo, Haiti, Libya, Desert Shield, Desert Storm,
and the last Gulf war to mention a few.