[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Elizabeth A B.
W. Via Del Sol Dr. Glendale, AZ
Health Information Specialist with excellent research, time management and problem solving skills coupled with the ability to prioritize tasks & function at a high level in a wide variety of settings, seeking an entrylevel, challenging position that recognizes the benefits of my educational experience coupled with my drive to excel. Should you find my qualifications adequate, I am willing to relocate at my own expense.
CPT Proficiency ICDCM Competency
HCPCS Level II/Medicare Electronic Health Record
DME coding/billing Medical Manager & MediSoft
Coding & Reimbursement/Third Party Electronic Claims Processing
June to August
* Position Internship Suspended Billing Department
* HCPCS Level II coding Medicare
* Research diagnoses & Insurance benefits
* Follow up on renewal & outstanding Certificates of Medical Necessity
* Contact Dr.&;s offices for renewal of RX&;s
* Gained patient&;s involvement with problematic situations Customer Service
* Worked closely with other departments to acquire missing documents Team Player
* Internal Audits Detail oriented
* Daily input of new Rx&;s along with supporting documents Organized
Independent Contractor Massage Therapist
Simpson Complete Neck & Back Care
September to May
Henderson, NV ,
Position Front Office Two locations
Reviewed & abstracted information from patient records and assigned appropriate coding classification
Examined & resolved basic coding rejections, which included but not limited to, contacting payers, writing appeal letters, and reviewing payer guidelines
Microsoft Word and Excel
Researched insurance benefits information/questions for patients
Collections of outstanding balances from payer & patients.
Back Office Massage Therapist/Chiropractor Assistant
Managed staff of therapists.
Charted patient treatment for continuity of care.
Assisted two chiropractors with patient&;s treatments & follow up care.
Reinforced Dr.&;s instructions post care & answered any questions.
Administered & processed xray&;s for patient&;s plan of care.
Arizona College of Allied Health
Glendale, AZ USA
Health Information Specialist Diploma
Representative Coursework: Coding and Reimbursement.
Medical Terminology, Anatomy/Physiology, Microsoft
Word, Excel, MediSoft billing software, Medical Manager billing software, CPT coding, HCPCS, ICD, Medical Law, Health Care Delivery Systems.
Achievements: Deans List GPA, Certification: HIPAA Privacy & Security Regulations
Valedictorian of graduating class
Stewart School of Real Estate
Hinesville, GA USA
Real Estate License
Nevada School of Massage Therapy
Las Vegas, NV USA
Diploma and National Certification
Massage Therapy Eastern & Western Modalities
* Anatomy, Physiology, Business Development/Law, Spa Treatments
* Achievements: Deans List GPA,
* Acknowledgement: Outstanding Massage Therapist by Teachers & Patrons
* References upon request