Period July – September
Company PHARMACEUTICAL HEALTHCARE DISTRIBUTORS / RTT Medical RTT
Position held Chief Executive Officer
Total responsibility for management of the healthcare division. Manage healthcare
logistics for over healthcare companies, including innovators, generics, FMCG.
Included process from receiving stock, sample testing, warehousing, orders, pick pack
and transport, as well as debtors management. Supplied product lines to over
customers nationally, over million units per year.
• Annual sales throughput of R. billion. Responsible for all financial performance
parameters in the business.
• staff members in four centres in SA with Centurion being the main hub
followed by Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth.
• Direct reports, of which were exco members ranging from managers to
• Prepare and present annual budget and meet all KPI’s key to budget success,
including all financial parameters.
• Formulate strategic plan for improvement and growth prior to commencement of
new financial year.
• Client interface at senior level CEO with all key clients re partnering on strategic
focus areas and ability to meet service requirements.
• Responsible for process and regulatory compliance meeting all Medicines Control
Council, ISO and client audit expectations.
• Human resources responsibility for staff turnover, BBBEE, skills development.
• Operational expansion project in Centurion from capacity of m to m,
including all process and SAP upgrades and managing the post “go live” process
• People focus through formal face to face interaction and defining and sharing
Purpose, Values, and Mission statements with all staff.
• Rebranding of division from PHD to RTT Medical nationally including internal and
external communications and defining a new marketing strategy.
Reason for leaving Healthcare logistics is a very different environment which I could not
become comfortable in.