[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
KENT E. M.
Enterprising, compassionate and analytical senior housing operator total + units/property management professional, health care and sales leader with over years experience and a proven record of accomplishment in a relational selling environment, census growth, strong closing ratios, revenue enhancement, operations management and customer satisfaction.
An engaging and resourceful sales professional and team builder who generates sustained financial growth and corporate success through detailed budgeting, expense controls, quality programming, facility maintenance, policies and procedures and sound business practices.
KEY CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS
* Directed start up of a highly successful upscale assisted living and dementia care community: % prelease, stabilized occupancy of %+ in eight months, operating margin of % attained within months.
* Accomplished "People First" Evangelist, Public Speaker and Seminar Leader with presentations to over audiences from to ,.
* Spearheaded census turnaround of underperforming housing property from % to % occupancy in six months. Maintained % ADC, with revenue enhancement of $K per month.
* Increased closing ratios from national average of % to over % up to %: skilled external and internal sales trainer of over sales leaders in referral development, inquiry procedures, tour protocols, closing techniques and thorough followup.
* Current turnaround of over $ million in previously underperforming assets.
* Regional leadership responsibility in opening of two hospitalbased psychiatric treatment programs in major markets. Developed additional outpatient and day treatment programs. Negotiated contracts with hospital systems and attending psychiatrists, managed, therapy and crisis intake staff. Triaged over calls per month.
* Directed nonprofit organization serving collegeage young adults. Grew from to over , reaching over , students.
NEW SHOES CONSULTING
Principal / Present
Launched operations and sales consulting business designed to help individuals and organizations make progress in a world of rapid change, practice new behaviors and develop a new way of conducting business. + years of counseling, guidance, training and coaching to help organizations achieve unprecedented success: revenue enhancement, strategic networking, market analysis, clear sales processes, solutionbased selling, operational efficiency, expense controls and understanding the + population.
Clients include: Assisted Living Communities Grand Junction, CO two campuses
Advisor for senior living organization, Denver, CO
Consultant for the turnaround of two assisted living communities with a total capacity of residents, creating a "salesfocused" culture. Revamped inquiry and sales processes, streamlined preassessment and admission protocols and developed marketing and business development plan in market area. Provided oversight to marketing communications: direct mail, and collateral development. Trained sales staff in account management, referral development and sales processes.
* Coordinated campuswide FF&E upgrades/replacements.
* Advisor on editing and updating company policies and procedures and conducted regulatory audits.
* Drafted plans of correction for Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
* Overall expense reduction of % attained in days, with solid labor control measures
* Streamlined payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reducing staff hours by %.
SELECT SPECIALTY HOSPITAL Denver, CO
Director of Business Development
Overall referral development and census growth responsibility for specialty hospital with campuses in the Denver market. Developed relationships with healthcare system leadership and executives. Managed Clinical Account Liaisons four staff in account assignment and management, providing sales and marketing coaching and execution of strategic marketing plan.
* Development and execution of strategic business plan with , and day goals and outcomes.
* Established sales call standards and accountabilities, with weekly reporting requirements of sales team.
* Built a cohesive team that enhanced sales production, admission efficiencies, benefit verification and speed of patient admission.
* Increased hospital census by %.
VILLAGE AT LOWRY HORIZON BAY RETIREMENT Denver, CO
Responsible for the overhaul of entire senior housing units operation occupancy, marketing strategies, sales processes, yield management, resident care, vendor contracts, facilities management, customer service standards and family relations. Hired and trained new sales team, facilitated daily sales "stand up" briefings and weekly sales meetings and created a strong customer/salesfocused culture. Census growth from % ADC to % ADC in eight months: day ADC at %. Proficient in utilization of REPS and Yardi Voyager.
* Managed month over month revenue increase of %.
* Inquiry to movein conversion rate exceeded %.
* Occupancy increase from % to % in eight months.
* Employee overtime reduced from % per payroll to < %.
EMERITUS SENIOR LIVING
Regional Director of Operations Northern California
Provided leadership for five communities throughout Northern California, supporting Executive Directors and sales teams in census growth, staff leadership and escalated employee and resident concerns. Coordinated facility improvements with regional and corporate teams for FF&E/OS&E. Reviewed profit & loss report and developed plans for improvement of expense control
GOLDEN POND RETIREMENT COMMUNITY Sacramento, CA
Extensive turnaround responsibility of independent and assisted living community of units with strong emphasis on developing and managing referral sources and increasing market presence. Developed marketing and sales plan; trained marketing director and key staff in inquiry and tour protocols, followup and closing techniques. Conducted internal regulatory audits and quality reviews. No deficiencies with state licensing entities.
* Revenue growth of % in year one of turnaround period, including market rate increases and premium pricing plans.
* Census growth from % to % in months.
* Conducted internal regulatory audit and quality reviews. No deficiencies with state licensing entities.
* Customer satisfaction scores of % for "overall satisfaction."
INTEGRAL SENIOR LIVING Sacramento, CA
Regional Vice President of Operations & Marketing
Provided operational and marketing oversight to seven managed housing properties in the western US. Traveled extensively throughout the region developing operating budgets, marketing plans, cost reduction initiatives, regulatory plans of correction and guided marketing to reestablishment of a credible presence in the market area. Hired, trained and coached sales and marketing staff in each market area. Conducted regular outside sales calls with seven Marketing Directors.
* Developed and managed budgets totaling $ million.
* Negotiated single point of contact for maintenance supplies and FF&E.
* Admission rates increased by % across portfolio.
* Net Operating Income increased an average of % per property in year one.
AEGIS ASSISTED LIVING Sacramento, CA
Directed the start up of an upscale hospitalityfocused assisted living and memory care community. Leadership responsibility for seven direct reports whom I hired and oriented in their roles sales and marketing, culinary, nursing, programming, facilities, business office, resident care.
* Achieved ranking in portfolio of properties, with an operating margin of %.
* Reached % stabilized occupancy within first eight months of operation.
* Responsible for FF&E, OS&E initial purchases and ongoing replacements
* Planned and hosted large scale preopening and grand opening events.
* Master of Arts, Counseling Psychology, Denver Seminary
* Bachelor of Arts, Education, California State University, Chico
* Assisted Living Administrator Colorado and California
Board Member, Colorado Assisted Living Association