[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
JOANNA M. S., MSW, LSW
LICENSED SOCIAL WORKER / PSYCHOTHERAPIST / CASE MANAGER
Dedicated and goaloriented licensed social worker and case manager with a strong work ethic that possesses a passion for helping others and is fluent in the Polish language. Successful track record assisting clients in achieving their individual goals by providing high quality standards of care: improved clients&; relationships with family, peers and in the school setting. Recognized by management for being a knowledgeable & outgoing worker and for having an energetic & enthusiastic demeanor. Possesses excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Skills Individual & Family Therapy EvidenceBased Therapies: CBT, PMT, Anxiety
Bilingual fluency in Polish Mental Health Assessments & Treatment Planning
Case Management Cultural Competence & Population Knowledge
Problem Resolution Grant Writing
Experience Pillars The Fillmore Center Berwyn, IL
Mental Health Therapist Graduate Intern September April
* Effectively counseled children and adolescents & families of diverse backgrounds
* Utilized EvidenceBased therapy interventions: CognitiveBehavioral Therapy, Parent Management Training, Anger Management, and The Copy Cat Anxiety Treatment
* Performed ClientCentered Therapy, Play Therapy as well as aspects of
Psychodynamic Therapy: enabled clients to have better relationships with others
* Completed detailed biopsychosocial mental health assessments
* Developed and implemented individual treatment plans to help clients attain goals
* Regularly reviewed and evaluated clients&; progress towards individual treatment plans
* Improved clients&; ability to relate to self and others, which positively impacted their functioning in various social settings such as: school, home and with peers
* Provided Case Management: determined clients&; needs based on assessment, helped
set goals & provided advocacy. Referred clients to resources & followedup with them.
* Implemented Medicaid&;s rules and requirements, such as: Rule
* Contributed during clinical staff case consultations and conducted formal presentations
* Supported the Intake Department: by conducting assessments over the phone & in person
* Composed electronic and written clinical progress notes accurately & in a timely manner
Child Link Chicago, IL
Enrichment Group Facilitator Graduate Intern January August
* Counseled individuals & completed biopsychosocial assessment
* Led enrichment groups with students in Pilsen schools & helped create the curriculum
* Composed a grant application and acquired the City of Chicago: Summer Mini Grant
* Created and cofacilitated a summer youth community program: organized activities
* Assisted in a focus group of community school teachers, officials and social workers
Kenneth Young Center Elk Grove Village, IL
Behavioral Support Specialist / Youth Mentor August December
* Enthusiastically and successfully mentored youth yrs. old of diverse backgrounds
and worked as a positive role model utilizing behavioral interventions to achieve goals
* Monitored and encouraged clients&; progress towards reaching individual goals
* Planned and carried out various clientcentered activities based on objectives
* Effectively resolved clients&; challenging situations involving client, family and peers
JOANNA M. S., MSW, LSW Page of
* Supported client&;s family members&; efforts to encourage client&;s improvement
* Participated in therapy staff meetings and case consultations
Carle Arbours Rehabilitation & Nursing Facility Savoy, IL
Customer Service / Front Desk Receptionist July December
* Supervised front desk area, screened visitors and maintained safety standards
* Helped customers&; with inquiries and successfully solved customers&; problems
* Performed various administrative tasks and completed projects on time
Skills in Detail Individual & Family Therapy: builds therapeutic relationships. Efficient with principles, methods & procedures for diagnosis & treatment of clients. DSMIV & Rule knowledge.
Bilingual fluency in Polish: speaks, reads & writes Polish fluently. Translates documents.
EvidenceBased Therapies: utilized CognitiveBehavioral Therapy, Parent Management Training, Anger Management & Copy Cat Anxiety Treatment.Increased clients&; coping ability.
Comprehensive Mental Health Assessments: completes biopsychosocial assessments.
Treatment Plans & Records: develops individual treatment interventions specific to client&;s needs. Regularly reviews & evaluates clients&; progress and records in file in a timely manner.
Clinical Consultation: actively contributes during clinical case consultations.
Committed to Professional Development: continuously reads latest information and participates in trainings to improve professional knowledge and expertise. Maintains CEU&;s.
Population Knowledge: works with children, adolescents, adults, families and older adults.
Culturally Competent: experience working with clients of diverse backgrounds.
Case Management: determines clients&; needs based on assessment. Helps clients set goals, provides intervention & advocacy. Refers clients to resources & followsup with them.
Ethics: adheres to the values & ethical principles of the Social Work Code of Ethics.
Clientfocused & has high quality standards. Strong work ethic: detail & goal oriented.
Problem Resolution: critical thinking skills and resourceful problem solving capability.
Interpersonal Communication: cooperative collaborator with an ability to also work well independently. Active listener, able to resolves issues among coworkers & with clients.
Time Management & Organization: strong ability to multitask, set timelines, manage & prioritize daily/weekly/monthly work effectively. A fast learner that adapts well to change.
Grant Writing: ability to write a successful grant application and acquire the grant.
Customer Service & Administrative: ability to solve customers&; problems, improves cooperation and builds rapport. Creates business documents & completes admin. projects.
Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Psych Consult, types wpm.
Licensure Licensed Social Worker,
Education University of Illinois at Chicago Jane Addams College of Social Work,
Master in Social Work with a Mental Health Concentration GPA .
Minor: Gender and Women&;s Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign,
Bachelor of Science in Psychology GPA .
Certification EvidenceBased Mental Health Practices with Children and Adolescents,
University of Illinois Certificate Program
Honors/Activities NonProfit Volunteer,
National Association of Social Workers, Member,
Won a Student Exchange Competition to Australian National University to study abroad,