[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Highly motivated and dynamic FNP graduate, with strong analytical skills and problem solving ability, eager to learn and face challenges with optimism and enthusiasm. Willing to work hard with the capacity to take initiatives and be flexible in the rigorous pursuit of excellence. Passionate to join a dedicated team of professionals and enhance the delivery of timely and efficient patient care.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
* Uniquely strong background in principles of pathophysiology and pharmacology.
* Expertise in home health regulations, reimbursement requirements, and community resources.
* Highly praised ability to provide creative, individualized clinical instruction to multiple students simultaneously while delivering exceptional patient care on busy unit at Yale New Haven Hospital.
* Expertise in patient education of medication management, home safety, management of diseases,
prevention of complications and avoidance of rehospitalization.
Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT M.S.N./Family Nurse Practitioner May
GPA ./. and Member Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
Southern Connecticut State University/Bridgeport Hospital
Nurse Anesthesia Program, New Haven, CT M.S. Biology
Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT B.S.N.
Bridgeport Hospital School of Nursing, Bridgeport, CT RN Diploma
FNP CLINICAL ROTATIONS
Internal Medicine/Pediatrics PriMed, Stratford, CT //
Obtained detailed health histories, performed physical examinations, ordered and interpreted diagnostic and laboratory tests, prescribed medications and therapies under guidance of FNP preceptor. Educated patients in health promotion, disease management, medications and treatments. Completed total hours and evaluated patients per day, with minimal supervision, whose ages ranged from weeks to years.
Emergency Department Bridgeport Hospital, Bridgeport, CT /present
Conducted focused physical examinations on acutely ill patients, ordered and interpreted diagnostic and laboratory tests, prescribed medications, and facilitated admission to hospital under guidance of FNP. Preceptor was APRN in a medical group of physicians in offices and was responsible for evaluating patients of the practice who presented to ED. Completed total hours and evaluated adult patients/day.
Hospice and Palliative Care The Connecticut Hospice, Branford, CT //
Managed both acutely and chronically ill patients with terminal illnesses and intractable pain. Under FNP preceptor&;s guidance, prescribed medications, therapies, and counseled patients and families in end of life care. Completed total hours in inpatient care and progressed to independently covering patients/day.
Obstetrics and Women&;s Health Dr Joseph Cuteri, MD, Trumbull, CT //
Provided primary health care to women, emphasizing reproductive health, family planning, prenatal, and postpartum care. Performed physical examinations, diagnostic procedures, and treatments under guidance
of PA preceptor. Completed total hours with the PA in a private practice evaluating patients/day.
Pediatric Primary Care Southwest Community Health Care Center, Bridgeport, CT //
Performed focused and comprehensive physical examinations on children who ranged from one week to
years of age, under guidance of MD preceptor. Educated patients and families regarding health promotion and anticipatory guidance. Completed total clinic hours, providing care with MD, for patients/day
CLINICAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Adjunct Nursing Faculty/ Clinical Instructor at Yale New Haven Hospital
Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT present
* Mentor to nursing students/day in an acute setting that demands a high degree of organization,
detailorientation, and the capacity to prioritize and juggle dozens of simultaneous responsibilities.
* Formulate individualized assignments, guide students in clinical procedures, explain complex
concepts to novices, and create an environment that facilitates maximum student learning.
* Effectively develop creative strategies to prepare graduates to function independently with the values and behaviors that are expected of professional nurses.
Primary Care Nurse Manager
Connecticut Home Health Care, Trumbull, CT
* Provided the highest level of homecare for patients of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
* Individualized treatment plans to efficiently and effectively utilize resources and control costs.
* Proactively collaborated with MDs, Physical and Occupational Therapists, Medical Social Workers,
and nursing assistants as part of a focused team to promote and restore patient&;s health and wellbeing.
OR Nurse Manager
The Aesthetic Surgery Center, Darien, CT
* Obtained detailed, comprehensive history and physicals, and ensured preoperative clearance.
* Independently admitted and prepared patients for procedures on day of surgery.
* Organized and set up sterile OR fields, instruments and supplies for all surgical procedures.
* Acted as OR supervisor during surgery, fulfilled duties of OR circulator and, if necessary, provided assistance during surgical procedures, including suturing of incisions and applying complex dressings.
* Performed postoperative exams, removed sutures, drains, and completed all documentation.
* Administered all postanesthesia care, and ensured safe and appropriate discharge from facility.
Full Time Graduate student
Southern Connecticut State University/ Bridgeport Hospital Nurse Anesthesia Program
* Endured rigorous clinical rotations at a Level I trauma center providing anesthesia for over
hours and surgical cases including open heart surgeries, vascular procedures,
craniotomies, orthopedics, high risk obstetrics, pediatrics, traumas, burns, and conscious sedation.
* Trained in advanced clinical skills including insertion of arterial lines, central lines, peripheral IVs, administration of regional nerve blocks, spinal anesthesia, and insertion of epidural catheters.
* Performed months of overnight hour and hour oncall shifts comprised of code/rapid response team, Level I trauma responses, emergency intubations and emergency surgeries.
Clinical Nurse Intensive Care Unit
Milford Hospital, Milford, CT
Credentials: Connecticut RN license, BLS certified, Eligible for FNP Certification Exam after //
Affiliations: Sigma Theta Tau International STTI; Connecticut Nurses Association CNA; Connecticut Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Society CTAPRNS; American Association of Nurse Practitioners AANP; American College of Nurse Practitioners ACNP; Fairfield University alumni association.