[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Norwich Lane || Grand Prairie, TX
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
A self motivated and goal oriented contract Sonographer who possesses strong medical knowledge and is able to
react decisively in health care situations. Works with the medical staff to ensure patient’s needs are being met.
• Registered health care professional providing the highest level of patient care as a Diagnostic Sonographer.
• Extensive knowledge in OB, Gynecology, Abdominal, as well as Small Parts and Vascular.
• Understanding of physics of ultrasound, interaction with human tissue, image formation
and display, Doppler, color flow, mmode, D scanning and instrumentation.
• Able to recognize and demonstrate skills of differentiating normal and abnormal
• Proven ability to work independently without supervision within the established guidelines and standards.
• Dynamic team player, with proven abilities to be an efficient, multitasked, and reliable worker.
• Selfmotivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge in the field of diagnostic
• Excellent writing and oral skills, observant, keen on details, and goaloriented.
Mayo Clinic Hospital Phoenix, AZ
Contract Sonographer November – Current
• Performs detailed diagnostic exams of the abdomen, small parts, ob/gyn, pelvis, and a full scope of vascular
exams SMA Doppler’s, extensive transplant work, renal arteries, and venous and arterial upper and lower
• Prepared preliminary ultrasound reports using GE PACS system.
• Assists with scheduling patients and daily operations of the sonographic laboratory.
Sutter Amador Hospital Jackson, CA
Contract Sonographer September – November
• Utilized high frequency sound waves to perform scans of the abdomen, pelvis, OB/GYN, small parts,
carotid, and venous of the lower extremities.
• Assisted the Radiologist in performing special procedures such as breast, thyroid, and liver
• Coordinated with scheduling department to ensure timely delivery of all exams needed.
Beebe Medical Center Lewes, DE
Contract Sonographer February – September
• Routinely handled diagnostic exams of the abdomen, pelvis, small parts, ob/gyn, neonate, and pediatrics.
• Worked independently in the evenings and delivered preliminary reports to the emergency room physicians
based on ultrasound findings.
• Assisted in the training of students and other medical sonographers.
Harris Methodist Fort Worth Medical Center Fort Worth, TX
Contract Sonographer November – February
• Received and prepared patient for examination by reviewing requisition and case history, assessing method
of testing, and explaining procedure to patient.
• Routinely performed abdomen, ob/gyn, pelvis, small parts, portable inpatient, and vascular
• Maintained ultrasound equipment, work area, and stocked necessary supplies as needed.
El Centro Regional Medical Center El Centro, CA
Lead Contract Sonographer January – November
• Supervised ultrasound department, which included: performing diagnostic testing, scheduling, delegating
duties, training of students and new sonographers, revising policy and procedures, working with Radiologist
and Director of Department to resolve problems, and implementing strategic solutions for a more efficient
Prince William Hospital Manassas, VA
Contract Sonographer October – August
• Executed detailed exams of the abdomen, ob/gyn, small parts, and pelvis. Maintain a daily log of patients
seen and completed necessary paperwork in order to expedite billing and patient reports.
• Assisted with interventional procedures such as: thoracentesis, paracentesis, liver, breast, and thyroid
Cumberland Medical Center Crossville, TN
Contract Sonographer June – October
• Routinely performed diagnostic scans of the abdomen, small parts, pelvis, ob/gyn, neonate, pediatrics,
arterial and venous upper and lower extremities, carotids, and segmental pressures in an outpatient setting.
• Provide sonogram and oral or written summary of technical findings to physician for use in medical
El Centro Regional Medical Center El Centro, CA
Contract Sonographer October – April
• Performed diagnostic testing of the abdomen, small parts, ob/gyn, and pelvis.
• Prepared preliminary reports and assessed the technical quality and completeness of ultrasounds performed.
• Assisted Radiologist in performing special procedures such as abscess drainages, and biopsies
Convenant Medical Center Waterloo, IA
Contract Sonographer May – May
• Executed detailed exams of the abdomen, pelvis, small parts, ob/gyn, neonates, and pediatrics at a level II
trauma center. Performed vascular and arterial exams of the upper and lower extremities.
• Coordinated work with physicians and other health care team members including providing assistance during
invasive procedures such as; paracentesis, thoracentesis, venous ablations, endarterectomies, and
Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital Santa Rosa, CA
Contract Sonographer May – February
• Routinely performed diagnostic exams of the abdomen, pelvis, small parts, ob/gyn, neonate, and pediatrics at
a level II trauma center. Performed vascular exam of the upper and lower extremities.
• Assisted with the training of new sonographers, managed ultrasound lab, and multiple
interventional procedures such as paracentesis, thoracentesis, and biopsies of native as
well as transplant organs.
St. Joseph Medical Center Tacoma, WA
Contract Sonographer October – May
• Operated ultrasound equipment to produce and record images of the motion, shape and composition of
blood, organs, tissues, and bodily masses as well as fluid accumulation.
• Clean, check and maintain sonographic equipment, submitting maintenance requests as
Boone County Hospital Columbia, MI
Contract Sonographer February – August
• Obtained diagnostic images of the abdomen, pelvis, small parts, and ob/gyn.
• Performed clerical duties such as scheduling exams, keeping records, and archiving computerized images.
Kit Carson Hospital Burlington, CO
Contract Sonographer April – December
• Performed a variety of general ultrasound exams. Obtained and recorded accurate patient history, including
prior test results and information from physical examinations.
• Observed and cared for patients throughout examinations to ensure their safety and
Ohio State University Medical Center Columbus, OH
Diagnostic Sonographer February – April
• Recorded diagnostic scans of the abdomen, pelvis, small parts, transplant organs, ob/ gyn, and neonatal