Salary : Negotiable.
To secure a position with a wellestablished organization with a stable environment
Sleep Inn, Charlotte NC Assistant Manager
Oct to June
Quality Inn, Virginia Beach,ÊVA,ÊAs Front desk clerk June to Nov
• Manage and maintain all year or seasonal lodging facilities.
• Observe and monitor workers’ performance to make sure that company rules and procedures are being
• Confer and cooperate with other department managers to coordinate hotel activities, such as weddings.
• Answer questions about hotel policies and services. They also resolve customers complaints.
• Arrange telephone answering service, mail delivery, and answers customers questions about area.
• Use computers to order food and beverages, or prepare reports.
• Purchase supplies or services from outside vendors, such as laundry, repair, and trash.
• Inspect hotel for cleanliness and appearance.
• Coordinate frontoffice duties and resolve problems.
• Greet and register guests.
• Show, rent, or assign rooms.
• Collect payment and record money earned and spent.
• Receive and process advance payments. They usually send out letters to confirm that they have received
payment. They may return checks if space is not available.
• Interview and hire staff.
• Assign duties to workers and schedule shifts.
• Inspect hotels to gather information and monitor surroundings and decide what needs to be done.
• Communicate with other managers to plan large events. May negotiate with managers about whose staff will
help with projects.
• Make decisions and develop plans for how to manage hotel.
• Analyze financial information on computer and create reports for owners.
• Handle money and record payments onto computer. Computers allow managers to know how much money
is earned daily or monthly.
• Identify staffs’ actions and evaluate whether it meets hotels’ standards.
• Estimate the number of rooms needed for special events. Managers may monitor the number of open rooms
when renting to nonevent customers.
• Answer customers’ questions, make them feel at home, and build ongoing relationships.
• Update what they know about community and help customers understand what they can do in the area.