[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
NATIONALITY : BELGIAN, born in Belgian Congo, now Democratic Republic of
CIVIL STATUS : Married, with twin sons of years; travelling single if necessary
PHONE : mobile: + ;
EMAIL : ;
Skype : filip.H.
* High School of the Belgian Educational System
* College: Economics, with speciality System Analysis
* Mathematics at the Brussels University
* University of Palma de Mallorca Spain : Hotel General Manager
* Leader of the Course for Hotel General Managers for the Hotels in Tunisia
* Diploma of Train the Trainer course in Thailand
* Fluent English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Flemish
* good understanding of Italian, Catalan, Afrikaans, Portuguese
* MBWA: management by walking around
* Disciplined in approach to General Management while training and coaching other Managers / Staff
* Have worked directly with owners and with management companies.
* Extensive knowledge of all aspects of Resorts/Hotels/Multi Unit operations and marketing & financial departments, with chain hotels or with minimal support, experienced in construction, preopening and opening of hotels in Europe, Central & South East Asia, Caribbean & Africa so am versatile, inventive, and adaptable in my approach to problem solving.
* Excellent cost control in all areas of the establishment, while raising the quality of the service.
* Strong performer and selfmotivated leader, with a history of successfully improving his properties with outstanding productivity and cost cutting solutions, while training and motivating staff, innovative marketing and sales programs, and always improving guest, staff and owners satisfaction
* Always reached the desired results for my types of clients: Guests, Staff, Owners and Management Company.
* Wealth of work and living experience in various continents and with various cultures, so adapts very quickly to local circumstances.
/ end of April: Short term consulting for a Private Company with hotels in Lapland and Incoming Tour Operator: Set up of all Operational Controls, Cost Controls, Service Standards, Cash Flow and Cash Flow controls & banking controls, etc.
/ /: General Manager of Hotel Playa Caleta in Varadero, Cuba. star, All Inclusive resort. rooms, restaurants & snacks and bars.
CONSULTANCIES: / /: as the kids had to stay in Belgium for the schools, we decided that I would do consultancies. I have been quite successful and it was a great way to visit new countries, experience new professional challenges and new cultures.
* / /: investment, refurbishing, menu engineering and staff training for the owners of a luxury boutique hotel in the Philippines.
* / /: Opening GM/Consultant with RIU Hotels & Resorts with a private owner in Hammamet, Tunisia; star, rooms, restaurants, bars
* / /:
* Consultant General Manager in Baku, Azerbaijan, of a star + de luxe Boutique City Hotel of suites and rooms, m health centre, conferences rooms, bars and restaurants
* Consultant for the opening of a star Boutique Resort km away, with a Hotel Manager reporting to me
* / /: consultant General Manager for a local owner in Douala, Cameroon. Boutique Business hotel: training of all departments, set up of FB departments for Restaurant, Terrace and MICE; menu engineering after opening and trials and business development helped in the design of serviced apartments
* / /: Consultant / interim General Manager for a star All Inclusive Resort in Jamaica, Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay, rooms, restaurants, bars, conference rooms. GM was ill and had to go back to Belgium for treatment
* / /: Consultant General Manager of Le Royal Hammamet, star de luxe Conference Resort in Hammamet, Tunisia & Le Royal Menzah, Tangiers, Morocco
* rooms & suites Beach Resort & City Boutique Hotel
* restaurants and bars & restaurants and bars
* Conference centre with capacity up to pax
/ till /: Managing Director for a mega All Inclusive Resort Cuba Total of rooms, suites & villas EL SENADOR, Cayo Coco, Cuba.
* consisting of :
+ five star de luxe villas,
+ five star Suites resort
+ de luxe rooms in a . star resort
+ restaurants and bars
* Canadian part owners sold their % of the property and last months was in Jamaica helping out in the sale and doing some consulting work, which led to my . years of consultancies around the world
/ till /: General Manager in Hammamet, Tunisia HOTEL RIU PALACE OCEANA
* star de luxe one of the top hotels in Tunisia all suites Boutique Resort,
* All Suites Resort, conference rooms, restaurants, bars, big spa, which in the winter was responsible for % of the bookings due the effective marketing and sales strategies
From / till /: Tunisia, Managing Director of the "Compagnie Tunisienne de Gestion Hôtelière".
* hotels franchise: Operations, Sales and Marketing of the different products,
* Total of rooms.
From / till /: The Gambia, Regional Manager in charge of hotels
* The only star of the country, The Kairaba Beach Hotel, City Resort of rooms and suites, conferences rooms, bars, restaurants.
* Change a year old star into a star All Inclusive
From / till /: Egypt, General Manager of the EL GOUNA MOEVENPICK RESORT.
* star, rooms and suites,
* conference rooms bars, restaurants.
* Left after the Luxor attack left the hotels without clients and cash flow
From / till /: General Manager of the J.B. Hotel in Hat Yai, Southern Thailand, Managed by what is now Six Senses
+ star +, city hotel,
+ rooms and suites, conference rooms and banqueting facilities, bars, restaurants.
Owners finished management contract and all ex pats were out of a job
From / till /: General Manager of hotels in Havana, Cuba.
* Hotel Complex NeptunoTriton: four star city hotels. rooms and suites, F&B outlets,
* In charge during full capital renovation of one of the hotels
From / till /: BaliIndonesia. General/Resident Manager of resorts
* MIRAGE BALI Resort star + de luxe, rooms, restaurants and bars
* GRAND MIRAGE BALI Resort. star + de luxe rooms, restaurants and bars, Thalassa therapy centre. In charge during the construction, pre opening and opening
From / till /: Brussels, Belgium. Construction, Pre Opening and Grand Opening of a star Boutique Business hotel
Achievements & Gathering of new Knowledge
* Hiring of local staff and head of departments in South East and Central Asia, Europe, Africa, Caribbean, Middle East
* Training of all departments, from head of departments to rank & file staff
* Coordination with Owning Company / Management Company for the finishing and opening of projects; estimation of take over costs, etc.
* Handling, controlling and complying with budgets of up to .. USD
* Marketing, Sales & Business development both for rooms, restaurants, health centre, conference facilities, spa infrastructure; direct contracting with companies and tour operators; MICE: specialist in organisation of MICE in hotels
* Preopening, purchasing and opening
* installing of Policies and Procedures for operational departments, Sales and Marketing, Financial and Human Resources
* F&B: reorganization of sub utilised buffets and restaurants and creating new concepts without additional investment, while doing the menu engineering and training of both service and kitchen staff
Multi Unit Responsibility
* Development: responsible for search of new opportunities: hotels, conference centres or other tourist projects renting, management, franchise.
* Management Supervision of Operations:
* Hotel Opening, refurbishing, repositioning, etc.
* Marketing: contacting, contracting with new suppliers