[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Joanna Maria P.
A self driven Rooms Division Department Head with an international experience in Front Office and Housekeeping Operations. Known as a strong leader achieving company goals and high scores within multinational environment. Also a knowledgeable manager who has a powerful drive for top and bottomline results with expansive rooms operations.
· · · · · · Excellent Costumer Service Strategic operation planning including manning, budget, FF&E, P&L, rooms inventory Revenue and Yield Management Leadership Development Rooms Division training, policy and operation design and administration Preopening
EXPERIENCE Grand Hyatt Doha, Qatar .. ..
* Hotel rooms and residences, opened end March with Arab Summit guests Housekeeping Manager reporting to EAM Rooms and General Manager .. ..
· Negotiated contract and initiated cooperation with a paper recycle company that resulted in % cost saving and extra hotel revenue · Effectively managed high employee turnover though replacement, development within team strong leaders who took over the supervision of vacancies and training program for new employees
· Generated extra revenue through changes to the laundry prices · Reduced contractors and stabilized the team which lead to a better customer service · Achieved hotel best scores for the mystery guest results including % score for the laundry and guest delivery service · Worked closely with EAM Rooms and Corporate Office implementing brand standards changes · Activated motivation program for housekeeping attendants and supervisors which resulted in better performance, recognition and employee satisfaction. Also base on this program Housekeeping Attendant won a competition for the best employee in the hotel. Assistant Housekeeping Manager reporting to HK Manager or DOR .. ..
· Took active part in the preopening by developing and managing housekeeping process including setting up standards in the Residences · Created training materials for the School of Hospitality Program · Forecast, staffed and scheduled employee focus on client service during peak periods, and cost savings during low period · Developed leaders who took over the responsibilities of leaving supervisors · Established a very good relation between the Housekeeping Team and long staying guests which lead to increased customer satisfaction Created a supervision system over the contracting staff that resulted in better cost · control · Oversaw the administration of payroll
Hyatt Regency Warsaw, Poland
* Hotel rooms Front Office Manager reporting to EAM Rooms or General Manager
· For the first time in the hotel history Front Office team employees were recognized, becoming the three best employees · Increased employee opinion results, developed leaders within the team · Reorganized the reservations department which resulted in % mystery guest score for taking reservation · Assisted Director of Sales in updating and creating rate grid · Along with EAM Rooms and Director of Sales, took active part in increasing yield · Was responsible for hotel website in English and German language
Assistant Front Office Manager reporting to EAM Rooms or General Manager
· Through team work, was instrumental in seeing Hyatt Regency Warsaw achieve the Best Hyatt Hotel Award Implemented changes to the rate structure, cancellation policy, rooms inventory and · upselling that resulted in a higher rooms revenue and better yield · Increased guest satisfaction and mystery guest results · Took active part in the organization and set up of FidelioOpera Conversion, building the hotel data · Participated in German Website Migration Meeting at Grand Hyatt Berlin, and created Hyatt Regency Warsaw website in German language Assistant Manager Front Office reporting to EAM Rooms .. ..
· Became Departmental Trainer · Took part in cross exposure in Grand Hyatt Berlin · Took part in the Opera configuration week in Hyatt Regency Mainz Front Office Team Leader .. ..
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
* Hotel rooms Guest Service Agent · Diamond Award Recognition
Hotel Intercontinental Resort & Casino, Hurghada, Egypt
* Hotel rooms the property has been rebranded Front Office Clerk · Recognized with Best Upseller Award
Cornell University Master in Hospitality Management Silesian University, Katowice, Poland Master of Arts in Italian Philology Teachers Training College, Gliwice, Poland Bachelor of Arts in Italian Language on going
Cornell University Understanding Team Dynamics Harvard Mentor elearning courses Smart Selling I Finance Essentials Hyatt Trainings Service Excellence Reservation Sales Competencies Overview Selection Interviewing Performance Development for Managers Coaching Skills Currency Cashier First Aid Reserve Opera
Polish Native Speaker English and Italian Fluent German Fluent speaking, intermediate writing French, Czech and Russian Intermediate Spanish and Arabic Basic
FIRST CERTIFICATE IN ENGLISH University of Cambridge, Gliwice, Poland Independent User, FCE June
Reserve, Lotus Notes, Opera, Sunfish, Fidelio, MS OFFICE, MAC OS X, Driving License, PADI Rescue Diver
See next page and visit: