[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
A career with a progressive organization that will use my education, skills, abilities and experience in an executive capacity, where I can effectively contribute to the establishment and where there is potential for further development.
* / Imperial Hotel Management College, Vancouver, Canada
Executive Hotel Management Diploma
Hospitality Management Diploma from the American Hotel & Lodging Association
Rooms Division Management Specialization Certificate
Kiwi Collection International Luxury Hospitality Training Workshop Certificate
Squirrel Point of Sale Basic Operation Certificate
* August May Swiss Hotel Management School, Caux/Montreux, Switzerland
Courses taken; Business Communications, Food Production and Theory, Wine and
Bar, Accounting, Sales and Marketing, Food and Beverage, and Computer Studies.
* The Rabat American School, Morocco
High School Diploma
* Other Certifications:
Sales and Marketing with Honors AHLA
Hospitality Facilities Management & Design AHLA
Managing Hospitality Human Resources AHLA
Supervision in the Hospitality Industry AHLA
Managing Technology in the Hospitality Industry AHLA
International Hotel Management AHLA
Understanding Hospitality Law with Honors AHLA
Food & Beverage Management AHLA
Managing Front Office Operations AHLA
Housekeeping Management AHLA
Basic Hotel & Restauration Accounting AHLA
EXPERIENCE, HOTEL & HOSPITALITY___________________________________________________
* December May Mafraq Hotel, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Branding & Marketing Manager PreOpening rooms
* Collaboratively develop then execute the positioning, pricing, communications, PR, marketing and launch strategies of the Mafraq Hotel.
* Coordinate activities of specialists in production, sales, advertising, promotion, research and development, marketing research, purchasing, distribution, package development.
* Conceptualize, produce and enforce the visual identity for a Mafraq Brand and related products.
* Ensure that all branded materials express the most effective and recognizable company message.
* Create catalogues, brochures, and other direct mail pieces from start to finish.
* Coordinate activities of brand positioning of the products.
* Research and determine product weaknesses and areas to be modified.
* Work closely with sales team to ensure that brand values and image are followed.
* Research consumer markets, monitoring market trends and identifying potential areas in which to invest, based upon consumer needs and spending habits
* Overseeing the production of adverts, newspaper and magazine advertisements, direct mail packs, email campaigns, websites, exhibition stands, tradeshows and liaising with consultants and printers.
* Checking marketing copy.
* Supervising the sign off of marketing literature and campaigns, liaising with legal and compliance personnel, ensuring the designs and messages meet the company&;s brand and regulatory guidelines.
* Coordinating the launch programme to external customers as well as employees.
* Manage the external PR team to exhaust all opportunities for achieving positive press awareness of our brands and company via traditional, social media, and tradeshows.
* Lead and coordinate the creation of all promotional materials and presentations related to assigned brands. Manage all asset requests, status communication, approval and distribution.
* Strengthen, grow and support our relationships with comarketing and other strategic partners to maximize promotional and comarketing opportunities.
* May December Mafraq Hotel, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Executive Assistant to General Manager PreOpening rooms
* Provide management support to the General Manager.
* Manage relevant suppliers and internal teams throughout preopening projects to ensure effective development & handover to opening of the Hotel operation.
* Assist the management team in the development & execution of the business strategy.
* Screen, Interview and Hire Department Heads.
* Coordinating in creating and implementing the branding/marketing plan.
* Organize the procurement of guest supplies and employee uniforms.
* Coordinate with the GM for planning and scheduling appointements.
* Manage and control of the inbound and outbound documentation to and from Executive Office, and transmit outgoing faxes and distribue incoming to the concerned persons.
* Manage the arrangement for all meetings including the Head Departments management meetings, other internal and external meetings.
* Initiate routine correspondance.
* Ensure confidentiality of all work, information and data and correspondance handled.
* Manage all hotel booking and travel arrangments when required.
* Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
* Drafting and typing internal and external correspondance
* Maintain and update filing system and confidential records
* Preparing minutes of meetings, typing reports and preparing presentation material.
* Plan and organise high level meetings of clients, service providers and corporate heads.
* Liaise with HR on general policy matters.
* Liaise with finance on cheque signatures/autorisations, payments, transfers and petty cash management
.* January December Riad Alkantara, Hotel de Charme, Fes, Morocco
* Planning and organizing accommodation, catering and other hotel services;
* Promoting and marketing the business;
* Managing budgets and financial plans and controlling expenditure;
* Setting and achieving sales and profit targets ;
* Recruiting, training and monitoring staff;
* Planning work schedules for individuals and teams;
* Meeting and greeting customers;
* Dealing with customer complaints and comments;
* Addressing problems and troubleshooting;
* Handled property functions on daily basis to ensure best performance and persistent upgrading in customer service, employee proficiency and performance, marketing, property ambience and income.
* Dealing with contractors and suppliers;
* Ensuring security is effective;
* Carrying out inspections of property and services;
* Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
* Ensure that all employees are trained for their positions to maximize service, production and efficiency.
* Maximize profits and control costs.
* Manage property operations on a daily basis to assure optimum performance and continual improvement in guest service, employee professionalism and performance, sales/marketing, property appearance, and profit.
* June November Green Bird Group, Abu Dhabi
Retail Executive / Personal Assistant
* August June Desert Palm Resort and Spa, Dubai
Preopening, Spa Sales/Reservations Assistant
* Sept. July Hotel Sahara Regency, Dakhla, Morocco
* Hotel Astor, CransMontana, Sierre, Switzerland
Cross trained at front desk, restaurant, bar, & housekeeping.
* // Hotel VancouverFairmont, Vancouver BC
Cross trained in the Banquets, Chief Stewarding, Housekeeping, Sales and Marketing, and Front Office Departments.
* // Crown Plaza Hotel Georgia, Vancouver BC
Cross Training: Food and Beverage Director&;s Assistant weeks
Restaurant Server Assistant week
Banquet Server Assistant week
Purchasing and Receiving Assistant week
* Stonegrill Restaurant, Vancouver BC
Restaurant Assistant: set and serve tables week
Kitchen Assistant: helped Chef in the kitchen and made desserts week.
* / / Vancouver Airport Conference Resort, Richmond BC
Kitchen Assistant: Cooked in the hot station, cold station and baked in the bakery weeks.
* August May Swiss Hotel Management School, Montreux, Switzerland
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE______________________________________________________________
* Summer Director&;s Assistant for Summer School, Morocco.
* / Rabat American School, Morocco
* Summer Hoop Basketball Camp, Morocco.
Languages: Fluent English, French, Arabic and basic Spanish.
Computer: Word, Excel, Power Point, Menu Design.
Interests: Serving people, watersports, cooking; encountering challenges, exploring cultures and travelling.
Marital Status: Single
Date of Birth: April th