[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
N. Wells , Chicago, IL :: .. ::
Front Office Manager
As a proven leader in guest and employee satisfaction I have most recently opened a $ million restored Luxury Hotel overseeing the hiring and selection process, facilitating employee technical and cultural training and ensuring maximum guest satisfaction results through silent anticipation of guest and client needs. The results of my efforts and experiences are quantified by the Hotel&;s Guest Satisfaction Survey scores ranking the Hotel as in the brand with over % guest satisfaction and in the Brand for guest arrival experience. These outcomes are evidence of my ability to develop personal relationships, quickly identify skill sets and potential, and delegate responsibilities accordingly. As MOD for multiple departments I have used my relationship building skills to bring interdepartmental harmony focused on the achievement of daily Brand service standards. My skill set, developed through years of working in Luxury Resorts and Hotels, enables me to seamlessly transition into leadership roles, assess talent and identify areas in need of development and affect change in a positive manner while lifting employee morale and engagement.
JW Marriott :: Chicago, IL :: Sept June
Front Desk Supervisor
* Work on the opening team for one of the only luxury properties in Chicago&;s Financial District as Front Desk Supervisor.
* Assisted the front office preopening team with hiring for all departments in our division including: concierge, front desk, retail, bell staff, and housekeeping.
* Created standard order of procedures SOP&;s for all front office positions.
* Assembled training manuals for retail, front desk, and bell staff associates.
* Provided training of individual department and entire front office staff through Power point presentations, group role play, and individual counseling.
* MOD for property on overnight shifts, including Night Audit, Loss Prevention, Housekeeping, and In Room Dining.
* Prepare weekly for arrivals of group, working with group contacts and other departments to assure rooms are blocked correctly, arrival process is flawless, amenities are delivered properly, and delegated associates to come up with a "WOW" factor for arriving group guests.
* Perform associate evaluations, provide coaching and development.
* Run shifts for the front office team including: prearrival planning, VIP arrival, room blocks, staffing, guest complaints, and associate issues.
* Create and produce reports as required.
* Ensure that guest data and management reporting is processed efficiently and accurately while maintaining proper security standards.
* Relieve front office departments for breaks/lunches.
* Develop monthly training items to foster development and cross training with other departments.
* Monitor guest satisfaction processes, and respond to guest concerns, and inquiries.
* Assisting in maintaining position in the brand for guest satisfaction and arrival experience since opening.
RitzCarlton :: St. Thomas, VI :: Nov Sept
Club Lounge Supervisor
* Assisted in running The Club Level Lounge consisting of full VIP arrival experience, daily food presentations, and concierge services.
* In charge of blocking rooms for all club level guests and preparing rooms for VIP arrivals.
* Assisted in scheduling and hiring of club attendants and concierge.
* Paid P.O&;s to outside vendors and other departments while balancing our department checkbook.
* Worked with culinary departments to provide innovative and creative food presentations on a daily basis.
* Held daily rehearsal with employees to improve knowledge and service with team building exercises including role playing, educational presentations, and inspiring "WOW" stories.
* Solicited feedback from employees on how to improve services.
* Provided documentation to employees in part of progressive discipline procedures.
* Worked doing lateral service in other departments Housekeeping, Recreation, and Food & Beverage to improve my knowledge of daily hotel operations.
* Created bench marked ideas that brought us to be one of the top Club Lounges in the company.
* Worked on the Quality Improvement Team assembled by corporate with other leaders, trying to improve our guest satisfaction scores.
* Consistently on top for individual employee guest recognition.
Ponte Vedra Inn and Club :: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL:: Aug Nov
Led a team of in providing diamond service to our guests in recommending restaurants and recreation on property or in the local area. In addition, assisted employees with problem solving in regards to guest issues and random requests.
* Ensured proper training of employees to ensure AAA standards were met.
* Worked closely with other department leaders to ensure amenities were delivered promptly.
* Held weekly FAM trips in the area to familiarize staff with restaurants and activities.
* Created an organizational system at the concierge desk for easy access to local directions, menus, activities, etc.
* Established relationships with offsite restaurant managers so as to provide our guests with VIP service when not on property.
* Assisted the front desk with checkins, checkouts, room blocking when understaffed.
* Assisted in maintaining our diamond rating during my time there.
MS Word, Excel, Power point
PMS, Epitome, Opera, OpenTable
Ritz Carlton St. Thomas/Cayman
Front Office Manager
JW Marriott Chicago