[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
SUSAN M. C.
Customer oriented, personable, excellent at anticipating the needs of business users. Good interpersonal
skills with the ability to understand and translate business needs into workable solutions. Expertise in
Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access table extractions. Capable of helping organizations identify
application solutions. Recent office manager experience using Peachtree. Looking for responsible job using
PERSONAL CONSULTANT Stamford, Ct present
To National major nonprofit organizations and corporations. Ran successful Silent auction, membership
drive, member of local board of trustees, volunteered to do registration and worked at local polling place
for National elections. Member of local Bingo administration.
ZIEMAN ENGINEERING, LLC Stamford, Ct
Responsible for all aspects of the office including Payroll, Taxes, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable,
Purchasing,, Shipping, Facilities. Use of MS Office including Word, Excel, and Access.
GENERAL REINSURANCE SERVICES CORPORATION, Stamford, CT
Senior Information Analyst, Assistant Vice President
• Assumed responsibility for Underwriting group, a user base of , in addition to continuing as lead
adhoc reports person for Corporate Actuarial, a user base of .
• Produced MS Access requests per month to help users in making intelligent business
• Maintained onsite work log and produced reports for new IT Information group in order to
demonstrate productivity levels of the group.
• Produced new standards for Actuarial procedures during transition to an Oracle based system.
Senior Systems Developer, Assistant Vice President
• Revised Actuarial procedures to insure compliance with new Sarbanes Oxley standards.
Became pivot table expert for Underwriting. These spreadsheets helped management
anticipate new business needs and assess line problems quickly.
• Produced pivot tables for each line of business segment each quarter. Produced all monthly
actuarial data extractions in half the time of previous procedures by restructuring process.
• Became Claims Experience expert for extractions of loss data.
Senior Systems Analyst, Assistant Vice President
• Selected by Actuarial Management to be part of Corporate Actuarial for onsite work.
• Extracted all data needed for monthly and quarterly processing, balancing, security, and data
• Worked with Auditors to gather actuarial data for yearly corporate audit.
• Interviewed all new actuarial applicants to assess technical skills.
• Successfully led off site simulated run of all actuarial systems.
Senior Systems Analyst
• Became first onsite IT person in Corporate Underwriting.
• Incharge of all hardware and software rollouts while doing all needed adhoc reporting using
mainframe data, SQL and DB.
• Worked with Underwriting to automate manual procedures.
SUSAN M. C., CCP
• Worked with records retention department on all their internal systems for data collection and retrieval.
• Trained to be a Facilitator. Was selected for many projects that helped users change manual
processes to automated processes with proper balancing and accountability,
• Introduced MS Excel use pf pivot tables to the underwriters for portability to clients.
• Responsible for a group of six people.
• Negotiated purchase of all hardware and software for Corporate Underwriting and Actuarial.
• Developed Loss Triangle Systems.
• Supported a user base of people, budget was $,.
• Interviewed and hired all new programmers for the group.
• Supported a user base of people with a team of .
• Maintained Actuarial Legacy systems.
• Created Lag Load reports and Actuarial reports, the first reports that combined Losses and
Premiums from all internal systems. These reports were used to make responsible decisions by
senior management. Still in use!
WALDENBOOKS, Stamford, CT
Information Center Specialist
• Created the Information Center at Waldenbooks Home Office. Helped everyone from the mailroom
personnel to the President of the company get data.
• Bought the first company PC, and negotiated for everyone to have one.
• Bought DB for the mainframe in , based on my recommendation.
• Created the beginning systems to run the business by computer instead of manually – Title
file, store sales, flash sales report to management.
• Bought Lotus , upgrading from VisiCalc. Taught many different database languages,
both on the mainframe and on the PC.
• The Information center grew to five people.
• Tested new Cash Register transactions that were used in stores.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATION
M.S, Computer Science , Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY,
B.A., Mathematics with minor in Computer Science , Queens College, Flushing, NY,
President of Mathematics Club at Queens College
Earned CCP Certified Computer Professional designation from the ICCP, Chicago, Illinois
Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel with VBA, Word, Pivot tables in Excel. QMF, SQL for
DB, ODBC data sources.. Created DB database all losses for GRC since . Linkedin and Facebook
user. Background in LISP, Snoball, Cobol, Algol, Mark IV, Lotus Notes proficiency and a course in