Resume for Atul P. for Business Analyst / Insurance in Mumbai, India
[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Atul Shekhar P.
IT Professional around Years’ of experience in industry and currently working as Business Analyst in Property and
Motor Insurance domains with solid understanding of Business Requirement Gathering, Business Process Flow,
Business Process Modeling and Project Management seeking a challenging opportunity.
• Proven success as a business analyst through the years, providing a wellbalanced understanding
of business relationships, business requirements, and technical solutions.
• Hands on experience as IT Project Coordinating by directing and monitoring the
requirements, framework conditions and progress of shortterm IT projects.
• Extensive experience in analyzing and requirements gathering and writing system
functional specifications including use cases.
• Comprehensive knowledge in Business Process Modeling, Software Development Life
• Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development JAD sessions with different
groups for identifying the Key Changes.
• Experienced in Data mapping, logical data modeling, creating class diagrams and ER
diagrams and writing SQL queries to filter data.
• Designed Business Requirements Documents BRD, Business Design, Business logic and
translating them into functional requirements FRD to meet strategic goals.
• Extensively involved in Market Research, Feasibility Studies, System Analysis, Risk
Analysis and GAP Analysis
• Experienced in Handling Change Requests CR and User Conflicts
• Expertise in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as
Microsoft Project, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, technical assessment tools, and bug
tracking tool like HP Quality Centre.
• Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills,
Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills, and Leadership
• Expert in business process engineering and software development life cycle, including analysis,
design, development, testing and implementation of software applications.
• Indepth knowledge of MS office tools and Visio.
• Familiar with current industry standards, such as ISO, Six Sigma, and Capability Maturity
• Adept at reducing development costs and providing traceability of projects.
• Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills; expert at
managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Computer Software /Packages: RTM, Java, Oracle forms and reports, SQL.
• Industry Standards Awareness: ISO, Lean, Six Sigma, and Capability Maturity Model CMM.
• System Configuration Management: Serena Dimensions , Visual Source Safe
• Incident / Change Management: HP Peregrine Service Centre
• Quality Management/Defect Tracking: HP – Quality CentreÊ .
• Rational Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Case
• CGI India, for Equity Insurance Group, UKbased in Mumbai Present
• Software Engineer ÊModule Lead – App SME
Roles and Responsibilities:
o Currently heading a team of developers and is responsible for all communication with client,
estimation of effort, evaluation and testing of development work done from offshore for
o Responsible for short term planning, including real time operation issues solving
priority request, Live application/ Production support.
o Recently completed successful business transition for Equity Insurance as a Subject
Matter Expert from UK to India.
o Responsible for analyzing information collected plan the development accordingly.
o In the post implementation period, managed incidents, followup and resolution,
training to endusers and coaching.
o Interviewed Business Users to gather Requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their
needs by coordinating with the project manager and technical lead.
o Worked as specialists SME in the field of development, users and customers,
produce goal and target specifications and I was responsible to solve any conflicts
that arise and minimize potential risks.
o Working with clients to better understand their needs and present solutions using
o Worked on broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as
Microsoft Project, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, technical assessment tools and
tracking tools like HP Quality Center ..
o Involved in mentoring specific projects in application of the new SDLC based on the
Processes defined, especially from the project management, requirements
o Analyzed Business Requirement Documentation and Functional Specification
Documentation using UML methodologies.
o Prepared Business Requirement Documents BRD’s after the collection of
Functional Requirements from System Users that provided appropriate scope of work
for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
o Created Source to target data mapping documents identifying key data elements and
prepared Data Flow Diagrams.
o Led and conducted JAD sessions for requirements gathering, analysis and design of
o Responsible for identifying scope related Change Requests CR and help PM in
doing the impact assessment.
o Responsible for creating Report Design Documents RRD and Test Plans for unit
o Created Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams.
o Analyzed development of schedule, work breakdown structure, estimated packages
during the different phases of a project
o Maintained the project schedule and ensured all tasks are updated at the agreed upon
o Aided documentation of computer system validation lifecycle per FSA regulations.
o Developed and Documented timelines for Project Delivery, and managed Projects and
Resources to successful completion.
o Prepared graphical depictions of Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, State Diagrams,
Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Component Based Diagrams, and Collateral
Diagrams and creation of technical design UI screen using Microsoft Visio.
o Assisted project manager to develop the Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scenarios to
be used in testing based on Business Requirements, technical specifications and/or
o Conducted User Acceptance Testing, gathered and documented User Manuals and
o Worked with HP Quality Center . for bug and defect tracking.
• SITEL India, for Du Telecom, Dubai – based in Dubai Apr – June
• Training Coordinator
Roles and Responsibilities:
o Developed and presented training materials.
o Performed overall management of learning and development.
o Carried development and implementation of training plan for future.
o Provided development strategy to clients.
o Improved business processes with IT solutions.
o Managed major projects training for Telecom Client.
o Managed project training within the defined budget.
o Extensive experience in Insurance related trainings.
o Identified user training needs and devised and managed user training program.
o Planed, Scheduled and Executed Training programs.
o Managed training staff, Conducted a fair and nonbiased application processing to
choose internal applicants for the TraintheTrainer program.
o Managed contracted external training staff.
o Evaluated training effectiveness by observing performance and soliciting informal
feedback from trainees and supervisors.
o Gathered feedback on trainers by observing classroom interaction between the
instructor and trainees, including verbal and nonverbal cues.
o Administered certification and recertification exams for trainers and trainees.
o Maintained training records for all trainees.
• SITEL India, for Dell Computers USA based in Mumbai
• Subject Matter Expe
Sorry but this resume is not available for download. Please choose another!