[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Cindy R. D.
Fontana, Prairie Village, KS H, Cell
Areas of expertise/competency
* Analyze new laws and regulations, research applicability to product lines, communicate new requirements, and implement needed changes in a timely manner. Contract analysis review contracts, consult subject matter experts and resolve issues.
Professional Associations & Certifications
* Fellow, Life Management Institute FLMI, Health Insurance Associate HIA, Associate Compliance Professional ACP
* Administrative Committee, Education, and Moderator Chairperson Society of Group Contract Analysts SOGCA
* Charter member of System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing SERFF taskforce National Association of Insurance Commissioners NAIC.
* Committee on NAIC Databases; NAIC Issues Taskforce; Working Group on Uniform Certificate of Authority Application UCAA. American Council of Life Insurers ACLI
Summary of Qualifications
* + years of experience in regulatory compliance and project management.
* Extensive experience as project manager and regulatory compliance
* Detail oriented with strong analytical skills. Extensive personal computer skills.
* Effective interpersonal skills in working with teams, outside counsel and regulatory officials.
* Independent selfstarter with ability to determine priorities, plan, organize, and follow through on multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
* Experienced in developing, understanding, analyzing, and interpreting contracts.
* High achiever, consistently rated noticeably exceeds job requirements in performance evaluations.
* Drafted, filed, negotiated, and gained approval of group insurance contracts and associated forms while complying with the laws and regulations of the state insurance departments.
* Reviewed laws and regulations and maintained compliance of previous approved contracts.
* Licensed Broker/Dealer nationwide
* Amended Corporate Certificate of Authority, nationwide, to add additional authority
* Registered Corporation with Secretary of State in all states, where required
* Coordinated the redomicile of a subsidiary
* Trained new owners in various processes when a subsidiary was sold and assisted with redomicile.
* Licensed subsidiary company in most states east of the Mississippi River.
* Designed computerized approval tracking system. Identified need, wrote proposal and cost justification, tested, and trained users on tracking system. $,/ year duration project.
* Implemented the Calligo document automation software project, a $,/multiyear project.
* Utilized the Insystems Calligo software to automate complete contracts. Provided training to staff on software usage. Developed test plans, reviewed output, implemented revisions, and signed off on completed contracts. Served as Project Coordinator for converting existing contracts to the Calligo.
Insurance Product Knowledge
* Extensive knowledge of group insurance products including Term Life, Critical Illness, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Dental, Vision, Stop Loss and Trust products. Also Whole Life, Annuities, Universal Life, Variable Life and Variable Annuities.
Education BA, Rockhurst University, Kansas City, Missouri
* Extensive knowledge of Word, Outlook, and Windows.
* Westlaw and Internet research expert..
* Prairie Village Sister Committee treasurer and former chair.