[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
MICHAEL L. W.
| Dennis Street | | |
|Houston, TX | | |
I’m an eBusiness Consultant, focusing on the application of business to business technologies in the areas
of procurement, sales, manufacturing, logistics, and accounting for global customers.
Having worked through mergers and acquisitions with many different companies which ultimately were all
purchased by Compaq and then HP, I have a strong background in change management.
My + years experience has taken me from office administration, inside and outside sales, project and
procurement management, to eBusiness Integration and Extranet BB Deployment.
I welcome any inquiries regarding employment where I can apply my past experience and help your
company reach its goals.
eBusiness Integration, Web Based Customer Training, Project Management, Procurement Management,
Marketing, Sales, and Account Management
BB Integration, BB eCommerce, BB Deployment, Account Management, Project Management,
Sourcing & Procurement, Software Training, Software Beta Testing, Inside Sales Team Supervision, Web
Based Customer Training, Global Operations, Customer Relations, Contract Negotiation, Contract
HEWLETT PACKARD –
Project Manager for bb integration of accounts in the corporate and global enterprise sector with annual
revenues of $ to $+ million per year.
• Designed through Discovery, and Managed the Deployment of BB solutions including: BB Extranet,
EDI, Ariba, SAP, Oracle, Lawson, OCI, XML, xCBL, and custom solutions utilizing Project
Management and Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
• Met each ePenetration goal of my assigned customer base each year during the past years.
• Participated in the discovery, planning, and implementation of customer migrations from an IBM
AS/ platform to SAP platforms during the Compaq to HP merger.
• Piloted customer transitions to the SAP platform and assured their adoption by providing ongoing
training to the end users and feedback to HP software development teams.
• Published online customer catalogs which required customization to meet unique customer
• Deployed multiple eInvoicing solutions including but not limited to EDI, XML, FTP, and various types
of customer invoice portals.
Vanstar / Inacom
Project Manager, Tektronix, Portland, OR
Included the responsibilities of Procurement Team Supervisor, and Project Management of the Out
Sourcing Procurement contract for Tektronix. Annual contract value: $ million.
• Performed supervisory role of the onsite procurement solutions team.
• Augmented Sales as the liaison between the Marketing Manager and Tektronix, while performing the
role of Project Manager to ensure overall compliance to the Tektronix OutSourcing Procurement
• Designed and deployed the Microsoft Volume License agreement for Tektronix.
• Automated the invoicing process for the Microsoft agreement by creating a summary invoice process.
This allowed Tektronix to electronically upload one summary invoice each month into Oracle that
would disperse the cost of each new license down to thousands of different cost centers each month.
• Deployed the first EDI PO for Tektronix internal use Procurement.
• Won the first Preferred Supplier Award ever presented by Tektronix.
Account Manager, Field Sales, Houston, TX
Responsible for direct marketing of products and services to major accounts in the in the Houston
• Met and exceeded monthly sales and margin goals with major Houston accounts including KBR,
formerly Brown & Root, and Houston area hospitals.
Account Manager, Central Sales, Indianapolis, IN
Responsible for the management accounts with annual sales in excess of $million. Responsible
for increasing sales, providing consistent customer satisfaction levels, and ensuring accuracy of
• Participated in the pilot group that launched the first inside sales office for Computerland
NYNEX Business Centers / Computerland
Account Support Representative and Administrator, Houston, TX
• Produced product quotes, product specification analysis, order fulfillment management, returns
processing, reporting, and summary billing.
• Enforced sales procedures to ensure audit readiness and compliance. Produced sales and
operational reports, and performed inventory control checks, returns processing, managed
accounts receivables, and product sourcing.
Tektronix Preferred Supplier Award, January
Vanstar Chairman’s Club, January
Tektronix Technical Service Award, May
Hewlett Packard Winners Summit,
|Access |Exchange |Office |
|PowerPoint |Project |Visio |
|Sharepoint |EDI |OCI |
|XML |xCBL |Ariba |
|SAP |ORACLE | |